Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man this is BS...I can't get First Sergant because of the stupid Basic Pistol Glitch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man this is BS...I can't get First Sergant because of the stupid Basic Pistol Glitch.

I have a little over 30,000 points and I was promoted 3 times. I just noticed that my rank is Master Sergant, I looked at Ubar and noticed that for First Sergant you need all the Basic Combat Badges. Well if you look at my stats you see that I DO have all basic even a couple of experts and veterans. Yet I cannot get First Sergant because when I got my Veteran Pistol Badge, I got it at the same time as my Basic Pistol Badge.

This is how the glitch works:

If you get, say, a Basic badge at the EXACT same time you get a Veteran Badge, you will never be credited for the basic. Meaning, it will never show that you got a Basic Badge even though you have a Veteran or Expert. If you look at stat sites you can see that I have Veteran and Expert Pistol but no Basic. I don't have it because of this glitch. The reason I was awarded both at the same time is because I had never gotten 7 skills with a pistol in one round UNTIL I had 50 GLobal Kills. Thus, when I got 7 kills, I was awarded both, but never credited for the BAsic Badge.

Now I thought the patch may have fixed this so I started a new game and was awarded my Basic Pistol Badge (this isn't the first time it has been re-awarded to me) but of course it never showed on stat sites and I never ranked up. To this day I think I have been awarded the Basic Pistol Badge at least 20+ times because when I am awarded the badge, it never saves in my stats.

So the question is, did they find a way to fix this? Will it ever be fixed or am I robbed from not only ranks, but from medals as well?

Re: Man this is BS...I can't get First Sergant because of the stupid Basic Pistol Glitch.

Ok...well does anybody know how I can contact EA about this problem?Maybe they could wipe my pistol stats clean or something.

Comment

Re: Man this is BS...I can't get First Sergant because of the stupid Basic Pistol Gli

Man, that's gotta be annoying. Try emailing BFHQ@eagames.com, they do the stats.

Otherwise, the only other solution is a new account

Comment

Re: Man this is BS...I can't get First Sergant because of the stupid Basic Pistol Glitch.

dude, that sucks.

get your game manual and look up the contact number on the back. i'd be more than p'od if that happened to me!

Comment

that's what you get for hanging around in knife & pistol servers, jk. How do you get veteran before basic pistol? That's gotta be hard to do?

Comment

That's strange because I have the same thing with my vet knife badge, but I had no problem with the promotions.

Comment

Its not hard at all, I had 50 global pistol kills long before I got 7 in one round, so I got my basic and veteran pistol at the same time. Though in game I recall it saying I was awarded both.

I am still downloading the patch and I have 30,000 so time will tell if it happens to me, if so, meh, its not like you actually have to earn ranks and unlocks anymore with these pushover requirements

Comment

Same thing here. I don't recall it saying that I got the basic badge at the same time as the veteran. I had the 50 global pistol kill and ended up getting 7 in one game and it told me that I got the veteran pistol badge...I hope this doesn't screw me down the road.

Comment

WTF, This **** is happeneing to me to. I have expert pistol, knife, and verteran spec ops and engineer, along with every other ****ing badge, and yet still a master sgt.

****ing a this blows. Can't wait for 1.03a to fix some of these problems.

Comment

Well I emailed them and hopefully I will hear something back. *Crosses Fingers*

Comment

let me know if you hear back from them.

Comment

I have the same problem, but with both pistol and knife.

Comment

Yeah, I will definately keep you guys updated.

Comment

Originally posted by Ownasaur
                            Yeah, I will definately keep you guys updated.
                            please do, this happened to me as well, and I assume alot of others are going to run into this too.

Comment

I have just won it right now.

I hope i dont get that glitch.

Comment

Working...
                              X