Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TrackIR Video in BF2: Almost virtual reality with BF2!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrackIR Video in BF2: Almost virtual reality with BF2!

I bought the TrackIR setup a while back, for those who aren't sure what that is, check here for more info:
    http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir

Basically its a baseball cap you wear and a tiny device on top of your monitor. When you move your head, it detects where you move it and if setup properly, will pan around your cockpit when you hold down mouselook.

Many people see that BF2 isn't on the above website and wonder if this works. This video will show you that it does work, and how sweet it is.

Check the video out in my gallery:

<edit: Fixed vid, a corrupted version was up there that cut off before the end of the dogfight, link updated>

Re: TrackIR Video in BF2: Almost virtual reality with BF2!

hmmmmmmmm looks pretty cool but i dont see myself using it lol

Comment

That does look rather cool.

Comment

it says a 7mb video of me using trackir but its only 2.5mb

Comment

Funky! It's 7mb on my drive, maybe my gallery program compresses it.

<edit: fixed the vid and link>

Comment

I have my controller set to view like that already. No need to spend $100 on something unless your know how to set your controller up. To say almost virtual reality is insane. LOL

Comment

HAHAHAHA trackir isnt that good! if anything the only thing it is good at is giving u sore eyes and a saw neck... now if the screen panned with your neck - now that would be cool... as last post said - hardly virtual reality lol (i used track ir for il2 sturmovik until my eyes couldnt handle it anymore (tring to look backward and look at screen at same time aint fun lol)

bf2 certainly isnt the right game for this tool...

Comment

While I'll admit that TrackIR is geared more towards the simulator crowd, it COULD fit in well in this game.

But seeing as how you have to HOLD DOWN a freaking button to pan your view and you cannot use your weapons while panning, this certainly is NOT the best application.

I wouldn't buy a TrackIR just to play BF2...but if I already HAD a TrackIR that I had purchased for my favourite simulator, then I would certainly use it for BF2

Comment

My m8 has it and uses it for Lomac but I don't see myself being able to use it with BF2, just would not feel right.

Comment

Well, it works with every game where you can use the mouse to look around.
                    Too bad that this isn't standard in FPS games yet
                    You could do it in Operation Flashpoint...

Comment

As was said, I can't see how this is very realistic, since the monitor doesn't move with your head and you have to keep your eyes fixed on the monitor as you turn your head. Ouch. Damn eye strain.

Comment

Originally posted by Talus

I wouldn't buy a TrackIR just to play BF2...but if I already HAD a TrackIR that I had purchased for my favourite simulator, then I would certainly use it for BF2

Oak's kind of a nut. He thinks it helps him, but all i ever see is him plowing into the mountains.

Comment

Originally posted by oaKenfoLd
                          I bought the TrackIR setup a while back, for those who aren't sure what that is, check here for more info:
                          http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir

Basically its a baseball cap you wear and a tiny device on top of your monitor. When you move your head, it detects where you move it and if setup properly, will pan around your cockpit when you hold down mouselook.

Many people see that BF2 isn't on the above website and wonder if this works. This video will show you that it does work, and how sweet it is.

Check the video out in my gallery:
                          http://www.khaclan.com/clan_downloads/oak.avi

<edit: Fixed vid, a corrupted version was up there that cut off before the end of the dogfight, link updated>
                          That was a good kill. If you use TIR on jet, nobody has a chance against you unless they are REALLY good. It's so much easier to spot the enemy if you are using TIR. If you are not using TIR it's really hard to look aroudn and fly at the same time.

Comment

I tried using joytokey to get my tophat working the vies up/down/left/right while holding down mouse look and it was ok.

I think the trackIR system would be ideal.

If me and mate are on TS together we will take the bomber and if in a dogfight the copilot will shout out where the enemy fighter is if I lose it.

Comment

Soon we will be wearing helmets and sitting in a dark room with nothing but the helmet,pc and controls...... VR will cause everyone to turn milky white and have no life.

Comment

Working...
                              X