No announcement yet.

Basic sniper rifles are just terrible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic sniper rifles are just terrible?

Or is it me? I can't hit the broad side of a barn with one of those, especially the MEC or Chinese ones. The USMC one is a bit better, it seems to take less than 3-4 shots to take someone down, but it's still wildly inaccurate, IMO. Or is it? Do I just suck that bad? I had a guy 100 yards in front of me the other day trying to hide by a flag. I was on top of a building. It took 5 shots before I could kill him.

If I'm suppose to take into account wind, I should at least know what the wind is and how to compensate for it. Everything I have ever seen on TV about military snipers says they aren't this hard to get a kill with. I'm not blind so I don't think it's a matter of me not lining the target up, especially when they are stationary.

If you have any secrets or tips, feel free to share. If you want to tell me I suck, I already know that so spare me.

Re: Basic sniper rifles are just terrible?

Originally posted by motorboatJones
    If you want to tell me I suck, I already know that so spare me.
    lol. I love the USMC single shot. i think one map i got like 90 something points by only using the sniper kit. i never touch a svd, and the chinese one i like a lil more only because the reticules arent retarded like the svd's and on fushee with 16 people i can camp and take people down from across the map. M24 all the way though....

Comment

LOL, here we go again.

The M24 (USMC sniper rifle), is great with a 0.1 deviation, but the bolt action makes it slow trying to get a second shot in before your target moves and finds cover.

The Type 88 and the SVD (Chinese and MEC sniper rifles), are good semi-automatic sniper rifles with 0.2 deviation - good when you like taking multiple shots at a moving/bunny hopping opponent, but does about half the damage of the M24.

The M95 does alot of damage and can hit people inside vehicles behind glass, but has a 0.2 deviation. The M95 also does between 0.5 and 2 bars of damage to most vehicles except APCs and Tanks.

The M24 is the most accurate sniper rifle of them all.

BTW, you have the same accuracy while standing or crouching with a sniper rifle.

All sniper rifles will instantly kill your target if you hit them in the head.

Comment

uhm yeah i dont know what to say but yeah you suck........ but well lets see always try to aim for the head, always prone if you can, both the MEC and PLA snipers are not bad 4 hits on the torso and you drop someone, i know its not exactly sniping but youll have to manage, always try to hold the weapon steady for 2 sec before firing, and last but not least practice a lot in singleplayer ( try to cranck up the AI though)

Comment

I'll give the M24 another try.

Comment

Last night, someone one shot me, at full health, with a svd!

So, I guess there is a magic eye shot or something like the tank!

Comment

Originally posted by idash

So, I guess there is a magic eye shot or something like the tank!
              the tank doesnt have 1-hit kill spot, if you blow it while it as full health youre luckt its random.

Comment

Originally posted by dark-eye
                always prone if you can,
                Just like the pistol and the engineer's shotgun, your accuracy does not degrade while standing or crouching with a zoomed in sniper rifle.

always try to hold the weapon steady for 2 sec before firing,
                Its not necessary to hold the weapon steady. All you need to do is slightly lead your target to compensate for lag. There is no bullet drop and no bullet flight time (i.e. tank and AT rockets).

and last but not least practice a lot in singleplayer ( try to cranck up the AI though)
                The single player AI is funny, they actually don't bunny hop and actually will stop and "look around". Easy to get a head shot on singleplayer. Personally I would just play on real servers. The old addage, practice makes perfect actually works in this situation.

May I also suggest that stealth is your number one asset. Once your cover is blow MOVE because the guy you just killed will probably spawn as sniper to kill you or will circumvent your current position and [Knife] you in the back.

Comment

Originally posted by idash

So, I guess there is a magic eye shot or something...
                  All sniper rifles will kill you with 1-shot if they hit you in the head.

Comment

]Just like the pistol and the engineer's shotgun, your accuracy does not degrade while standing or crouching with a zoomed in
                    sniper rifle.
                    no but it does give you cover

Its not necessary to hold the weapon steady. All you need to do is slightly lead your target to compensate for lag. There is no bullet drop and no bullet flight time (i.e. tank and AT rockets).
                    correct me if im wrong but in this forum someone said there is a reason to steady the weapon before firing, to lazy to search though

The single player AI is funny, they actually don't bunny hop and actually will stop and "look around". Easy to get a head shot on singleplayer. Personally I would just play on real servers. The old addage, practice makes perfect actually works in this situation.
                    i dont know what happened to your AI but on the highest level its a perfect way to practice shooting

plus let me remind you he is asking for help. You dont go racing against a high performance car if you have barrely droven yourself or lack performance, so practicing in SP i perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Harmor
                      All sniper rifles will kill you with 1-shot if they hit you in the head.
                      Thanks I thought the svd couldn't!

Comment

M24 and M95 are the only one i really count as sniper rifles.

With the type 88 it's just a jok, there was a sniper infront of me by about 20 meters i was using the rifle instead of the knife because i knew if i stabbed him he would spawn again and go shoot me back, and from 15-20 laying down aimming at the head, it missed.

It wasn't like i had just jumped to the ground, i had been waiting for him to stop, as he was laying down and moving to side, i knew he wouldn't turn round so i just lay waiting to make sure i hit, but then it still missed.

I have only ever got about 3 good kills with the SVD and type 88 buy good i mean shooting someone with 100% health and hitting them with 3 shots so they die.

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho
                          M24 and M95 are the only one i really count as sniper rifles.

With the type 88 it's just a jok, there was a sniper infront of me by about 20 meters i was using the rifle instead of the knife because i knew if i stabbed him he would spawn again and go shoot me back, and from 15-20 laying down aimming at the head, it missed.

It wasn't like i had just jumped to the ground, i had been waiting for him to stop, as he was laying down and moving to side, i knew he wouldn't turn round so i just lay waiting to make sure i hit, but then it still missed.

I have only ever got about 3 good kills with the SVD and type 88 buy good i mean shooting someone with 100% health and hitting them with 3 shots so they die.
                          weird, i know they dont come close to the M24 but i think their fine i can kill with them, but what you just said is new to me.

Comment

no but it does give you cover
                            You're right about the cover, but sometimes you can stand back and only have the smallest part of you shooting and quickly duck behind cover completely so you don't get hit at all - APCs have a large splash damage effect.

I was referring to your comment that suggested that you HAD to go prone to shoot the sniper rifle accurately. I was just pointing out that the accuracy of the weapon doesn't change if you're standing or crouching.

Here's a gun chart that shows there's no difference when standing or crouching:

correct me if im wrong but in this forum someone said there is a reason to steady the weapon before firing, to lazy to search though
                            That doesn't apply to pistols, shotguns and sniper rifles. I think you're talking about recoil? If you have to fire alot of shots in succession you shots will deviate alot (check out the recoil column in the chart above), vs. you slowly shooting a steady stream of single shots spaced out.

i dont know what happened to your AI but on the highest level its a perfect way to practice shooting
                            Perhaps. I personally find it more gratifying killing a real person's toon.

plus let me remind you he is asking for help. You dont go racing against a high performance car if you have barrely droven yourself or lack performance, so practicing in SP i perfect.
                            I guess I'm assuming that people already know how to shoot from other games like BF:1942. You're right that this maybe some person's very first shoot'em-up game.

Comment

Originally posted by motorboatJones
                              Do I just suck that bad?
                              qftftwggmayonaisemmmmayonaise

the tank doesnt have 1-hit kill spot
                              wrong, but thats another topic.

Comment

Working...
                              X