TFT Vs CRT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TFT Vs CRT

I am presently using a TFT monitor but am thinking of changing back to a CRT monitor to improve the look and performance of the game.

Does anyone have any views on this matter?? Has anyone changed back and if so what did they think??

Re: TFT Vs CRT

No mate i wont change back, i used to have loads of problems with CRT monitors blowing on me.
    TFT's are much better if you get a decent one, but the cheap ones can be nasty.

The TFT in my sig rocks !

Comment

What display settings do you tun on, and what Hz ??

Comment

Desktop and in Bf2 i run 1280x1024@75Ghz.
        When you see BF2 running on a decent TFT against a decent CRT you will notice the difference.
        Also CRT's usually find it harder to switch between resolutions, if you have a different desktop res to in game res you will struggle when you alt/tab.
        All my advice is from personal experience in using both monitors.
        My next upgrade will be another TFT monitor, looking at getting something around 30+ inches so i can play at 1600x1200@85+Ghz.

Comment

I can play on any number of monitors and I prefer my 21" CRT because it supports more native resolutins and refresh rates. Plus, a CRT won't cause streaking of images that move across the screen.

Comment

i have a dell p1110 CRT 21 inch and love it. i hate how images streak in FPS games when you look around on TFT monitors. my crt can hit 2048 resolution max.. and i got it for 250 bucks

Comment

CRTs can usually achieve higher refresh rates and brights and so on, but TFTs r improving (and ?cheapning?), they do alot less harm to ur eyes and ofcuz, seat on way less space on ur desk....lol

Comment

There are some good TFTs, but they are much more expensive than a CRT for little to no improvement in image quality. If you are going to use a TFT make sure it's a good one (aka expensive).

Comment

my lcd rocks, its in the sig.

Comment

1. With a crt monitor you can chose your res.
                    2. With a crt monitor you can chose your refresh rate.

I have a Hitachi 21"- play at 1600*1200 refresh 100 HZ- cost me $200

Try doing that on a TFT.

Comment

Originally posted by skunk-dogz
                      Desktop and in Bf2 i run 1280x1024@75Ghz.
                      When you see BF2 running on a decent TFT against a decent CRT you will notice the difference.
                      Also CRT's usually find it harder to switch between resolutions, if you have a different desktop res to in game res you will struggle when you alt/tab.
                      All my advice is from personal experience in using both monitors.
                      My next upgrade will be another TFT monitor, looking at getting something around 30+ inches so i can play at 1600x1200@85+Ghz.

Hey can I have your monitor 75 GHz must be awesome
                      sorry, couldnt resist

I have a dual LCD monitor setup, would never want to go back to CRT's.

Comment

Originally posted by DU_is_good_4U
                        1. With a crt monitor you can chose your res.
                        2. With a crt monitor you can chose your refresh rate.

I have a Hitachi 21"- play at 1600*1200 refresh 100 HZ- cost me $200

Try doing that on a TFT.
                        Why would yo want to, a TFT looks much better than a CRT and HZ doesnt mean jack **** to a TFT, its LIQUID dude.

I used to think the same thing about CRT's, then I got a sweet TFT because my Viewsonic went IED on me. 30 more seconds and that sucker would have been a part of me.

Near perfect picture quality TFTs are free from many causes of distortion often seen on CRT monitors (such as geometric and moiré distortion).

You cant compare TFT's to CRTs by HZ , or resolution. TFT's with a DVI connection blow CRT's out of the water.

Whats this blur folks keep speaking of, 12+MSer's? I got 8 and have no problems with blur at 1280 1024.

Ill never touch a foul CRT again, I can bareley view them for longer than a min or two. All flickery, and dull, no way, once you go TFT you dont go back.....if you get a good one. Mine cost 219 bucks afte rebates.

Comment

Originally posted by MyPCBeatupurXbox
                          Why would yo want to, a TFT looks much better than a CRT and HZ doesnt mean jack **** to a TFT, its LIQUID dude.

I used to think the same thing about CRT's, then I got a sweet TFT because my Viewsonic went IED on me. 30 more seconds and that sucker would have been a part of me.

Near perfect picture quality TFTs are free from many causes of distortion often seen on CRT monitors (such as geometric and moiré distortion).

You cant compare TFT's to CRTs by HZ , or resolution. TFT's with a DVI connection blow CRT's out of the water.

Whats this blur folks keep speaking of, 12+MSer's? I got 8 and have no problems with blur at 1280 1024.

Ill never touch a foul CRT again, I can bareley view them for longer than a min or two. All flickery, and dull, no way, once you go TFT you dont go back.....if you get a good one. Mine cost 219 bucks afte rebates.
                          You've got no idea. I run a PC business and I always have LCD monitors in stock, have done many comparisons, can you claim the same?

Comment

Originally posted by DU_is_good_4U
                            You've got no idea. I run a PC business and I always have LCD monitors in stock, have done many comparisons, can you claim the same?
                            Why do I need to, all you said was that you can change your rez and refresh rate. I dont give a damn about refresh rate, Ive got a LCD, its bright, it doesnt flicker, I can stare at it for 40 days and 40 nights and walk into a dark room and watch a TV with no problems.

I bet my 60Mhz 1280 1024 l19 inch looks better and has less flicker , uses less power, and recquires less from my vid card than yours.

Is that a comparison? I dont know, but I do know that your card has to work very hard to pump out 100, and you have to adjust you monitor for morA, interferance, speakers etc and all I have to do is plug in my DVI cable and BOOM there it is.

Oh yeah, mine weighs less than a laptop, and fits in a box smaller than the box a laptop comes in.

Comment

ya i have a 21" crt and a 19" lcd and the 21" is nice if u like a 150lbs beast that takes up so much space its borderline impractical. nice thing is that it doesnt have a native resolution so u can change it as u please without sacrificing image quality....but on a LCD if u have a good enough graphics card u wont have to worry about dialing down your settings. bottom line...crt's are ugly and everyone knows this. only computer "l33t-ists" will try to spit off some obscure specifications to make it sound better. ive used both and the LCD comes out on top.

Comment

Working...
                              X