No announcement yet.

New official beta Augidy drivers from Creative Sept 21/05

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New CREATIVE AUDIGY2 all versions OPENAL driver at creative..

Wasn't this topic discussed quite a while ago?

Comment

No..these are NEW drivers. Unfortunately the date got cut out in the name of the new merged thread I'm lookin at YOU DP!

Comment

Comment

Re: New official beta Augidy drivers from Creative Sept 21/05

Now THAT's what I'm talkin' about!

Comment

Your illusioned young padiwan. The date was always there.

Comment

It was missing for about a day...but DP kindly found it and returned it

Comment

I don't know if it's a "placebo effect" but I could swear the game-sounds are louder and more crisp with this latest release of Drivers.

Comment

I'm experiencing issues with these drivers. I've tried the drivers linked from the OP as well as the ones leaked from Station Drivers. I execute the installation and it runs fine and then requests a restart. Upon restarting, the machine will lockup solid just before or just after my login screen. I've tried using Driver Cleaner 3 to remove all of the previous files and have done so from within Safe Mode but everytime I install these drivers, the machine will lockup when it reaches Windows again. I have had to revert back to the 2_05_0000 (5.12.31.1100) drivers dated 3/28/05.

I should mention that I do NOT have any of the other Creative apps installed, just the drivers and I have an Audigy 2 that came with my Dell XPS system. Is there any chance that the new drivers require one or more of the Creative apps to function properly? That would seem odd considering the previous version did not. Anyone else having any issues?

Thank you for any assistance,

Drivie

Comment

You may have to do what I did.

Install from your original Audigy 2 disc. THEN update the drivers over top of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Shamus
                      I don't know if it's a "placebo effect" but I could swear the game-sounds are louder and more crisp with this latest release of Drivers.
                      A lot of people have been saying that, and I would have to agree.

Nice to see Creative finally putting out some good drivers...now if they could only get them out of beta

Comment

Originally posted by Shamus

Should hear em thru 5.1 eax sourround sound speakers. Sounds like an acutal war zone in my room.

Comment

My wife is ALWAYS complaining that it always sounds like a war is going on at our house :laugh:

Comment

The drivers are great, only one small issue on my end...

I CANT HEAR ANYTHING ELSE!

Everything sounds crisp and wonderful out of game, and when im in the game its awesome. However I used 3rd party voip and/or play music while playing BF, and non of that shows up once I start battlefield! Its like I can run that stuff, or bf2, but not at the same time, which is HORRIBLE:cry:

Im probably going to downgrade until these are full and not beta. Sure is a strange and horrible bug...

Comment

Hmm...I use 3rd party VOIP with these drivers and everything is fine. In-game also works fine even while I'm using my 3rd party app.

Downgrading is probably a good idea in your case...I sure hope it isn't a common problem. That's a weird one!

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
                                Hmm...I use 3rd party VOIP with these drivers and everything is fine. In-game also works fine even while I'm using my 3rd party app.

Downgrading is probably a good idea in your case...I sure hope it isn't a common problem. That's a weird one!

Negative, i Figured it out. After uninstalling, upgrading, downgrading, reinstalling, downloading, and a host of other what not, I figured out that it was another program from Creative that was interfereing. Now it works great!

Comment

Working...
                                X