ATI Catalyst 5.9 has been released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI Catalyst 5.9 has been released

Get the competitive edge for AI, data center, business computing solutions & gaming with AMD processors, graphics, FPGAs, Adaptive SOCs, & software.

Re: ATI Catalyst 5.9 has been released

You first....I'll wait before installing...

Comment

I aint touching ****. The last time I updated the text wasn't even legible.

Comment

WOW looks like they added some new stuff in this release!!! Im going to get it tonight when I get home & give it a try.

Catalystâ„¢ 5.9 introduces Display Abstraction Layer (DAL) activation of driver message events for notification of controller configuration changes. This feature will apply to all supported operating systems.

Directional Motion Adaptive Deinterlacing Algorithm
        Catalystâ„¢ 5.9 introduces directional motion adaptive deinterlacing algorithm through the 3D shader. The algorithm will detect edges in 5 different directions. This reduces artifacts, and improves the overall detinterlace video quality.

Issues Resolved in Catalystâ„¢ Software Suite 5.9

Battlefield 2: The game no longer exits to the Windows desktop after the game logo is displayed

Comment

won't install this after a few weeks. i have no problems with omega's 5.6 so why risk messing up my game?

Comment

Battlefield 2: The game no longer exits to the Windows desktop after the game logo is displayed
            Okay, Im downloading it!

Comment

Any thoughts on performance or improvements you see from the early adopters?

Comment

I hope to hear some good things about this build soon. Last time I tried to update, the uninstaller borked and I spent an hour putting it straight, so I'm only going to download if it's a good one.

Until then, I'm going to stick with my Unofficial NGO 2.5.8 build, and maybe wait for a 1.5.9, or 2.5.9 from NGO.

Comment

My computers crap anyway, so why not just give it another potentially damaging update

Comment

Last time I updated, I kept getting black textures after playing a while... fun stuff to happen while your flying and things disappear.

Comment

these should be good, i would stay away from Omegas and DNA drivers, they always been junk.

Comment

Originally posted by Deez
                        these should be good, i would stay away from Omegas and DNA drivers, they always been junk.
                        Omegadrivers works better for me.
                        So its no junk imo ............ maybe you can handle unofficial drivers

Comment

I d/l'ed them. Everything seems to be fine. I haven't been in BF2 yet. Of course I haven't ever had problems with any vid driver updates. I had Nvidia till a month ago. I switched to ATI (X850XT), updated the 5.7, 5.8 & now the 5.9. No problems. I used the ATI uninstaller, then ran Driver Cleaner Pro, then installed the 5.9, cleaned out BF2 cache folder, ran MS adware cleaner, Disk Clean-up & then Disk Defragged.
                          I have a P4 2.6mhz (Gateway), 1 gig 3200 (400) RAM, ATI X850XT vid. That vid card sure does run things nicely. Gonna get another 2x512 of RAM.

Comment

Advice : dont fix what is not broken.

Comment

I downloaded them, havn't played BF2 much, too much work to do, but they seem good so far, not that i can judge them, i always update my catalyst drivers when new ones come out. I went from stock 5.6s that came on th disk, to 5.7, 5.8, and now 5.9, never had a problem with any of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X