Scoring points as commander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scoring points as commander

As the title says.. just curious how that works. I did a limited search on this board and couldn't really come up with much in the way of point scoring.

I'm only asking because I average about 30 points every time, regardless of how long the round goes. I'm just curious because so far thats the only aspect of the game I can't seem to get a grip on.

Re: Scoring points as commander

As a commander, your points will usually be lower than your team mates who charge into battle, guns blasing. Your main job is to hel;p out your team by givng them orders and spotting enemies.

Comment

Originally posted by Blak_Phoenix_MB
      As a commander, your points will usually be lower than your team mates who charge into battle, guns blasing. Your main job is to hel;p out your team by givng them orders and spotting enemies.
      not true. Providing you dont Tk too many people if you win the round as commander you'll almost always finish top 3

Comment

30 is the average. if you want to get more points, don't use the artillery. arty kills a lot of ppl which reduces ticket ratios faster which ends the round faster which gets you less points. just place the uav where the action is so any enemy that gets killed within the uav, you get a point, place a supply drop near tanks/large group of ppl., etc...

Comment

false false and a little more false.

Commander score = average of scores from your team. There are no bonus points for spotting, or your own kills as commander, etc etc etc

If your team wins the map - you get double the average - thus taking you over your top players when you have a stack of people getting good scores.

Comment

I just had 2 gold star games as comm, scoring 100+ points in each.

I didn't use arty too much, basically I was just doing uavs, dropping supplies, and giving a lot of orders. I think you get points when friendlies heal at your supply drops.

Comment

I just spent some serious time searching for the post that explained all this. There was a very good post that went around explaining how to get the most points as commander - and I can't find it. I swear this board eats posts regularly. I know I posted on the thread, and I still can't find it under my threads in advanced search.

Oh well.

In the end - You get no pts for anything - other than what your team does.

Your kills still register as kills on your stats, but not pts towards score.

Comment

-moved from tips and tricks-

Comment

YOU DO NOT GET ANY POINTS FROM ANY OF YOUR KILLS
                  YOU DO NOT GET ANY POINTS FOR FLAG CAPTURES
                  YOU DO NOT GET ANY POINTS FOR ASSISTS
                  YOU ONLY GET POINTS BY MAKING YOUR TEAM EARN POINTS

The only way to gain points as a commander is to make your team constantly earn large number of points. The amount of total commander points you have reflects the average number of points your team has earned. This means that if you steal kills or flag captures, you will ironically be robbed of commander points that you could've gained.

Also if you win, you as a commander, you have your total score doubled. It's not actually a 2x bonus but it's good enough to describe it. In truth, the game doesn't actually double your score, but actually adds the commander points you earned to your total score. The significant effect of this rule is that even if somehow, such as teamkill, you lose points, the bonus will still account for that point.

So let's say you had the total of 50 commander points and overall of 50 points. You score 2 teamkills, giving -8 to your overall score to 42. The round ends with your team winning the round. Instead of 42 x 2 = 84, you actually get 92 points. Why? Because the game actually adds your overall score to the commander points you earned, so it's actually 42 + 50 = 92.

Conclusion, the formula is: Total Score + Commander Points Earned, not Total Score x 2.

Another great effect of this formula is that players who rack up a lot of points by kills, teamwork points, and flag captures and quickly be commander before the round ends do not double his score because he had no commander points to be added to his total score at all.

Comment

It is not exactly the average of your team's score but it is close to it. I wish I could find the thread, but a guy did a "study" where, pretty much, everyone on the team stayed the same and he didn't do anything but watch his points and take screenshots.

His points were actually the same or HIGHER than the average of all of the people on the server. It seemed that it ignored negative points. So, if your team gets a TK/TD/TVD, it doesn't count against the commander.

So it seems that arty does actually take points away from you. . . however, you can easily get the commanding badges/ribbons on large servers with few people and still have fun dropping arty everywhere.

Comment

Thank you - finally someone knows what I am talking about.

Someday I will find the Bermuda triangle on these boards with all of the postings I have ever looked for....or am I just losing my mind again? The man in the white coat said all the bad things were gone....oh look a monkey.

Comment

WTF, my post didnt register, anyway here it comes.

Once on karkand, full 64 player map, playing the US as Comander, i got like 22 points (after the 2x multiplier bonus). That might seem low to you, but actully I finnished 1:st. The game last for like 5 - 10 min.

And thats what I call GOOD comanding.

Comment

Your post registered, it was removed because it was pointless, it contributed nothing to the thread. The thread topic is how to score points as a commander, not a score that you achieved in a round.

Comment

Well, (not to be rude) I dont see why you didn't delete the 6th post when you deleted mine.... -_-

Comment

Because the 6th post, gives an explanation (sort of) of how he acheived the score. You did not. You are merely boasting about getting a score in a short period of time.

Comment

Working...
                              X