• Show
Clear All

Re: Scoring points as commander

Yeye, You win....
    Delete my posts if you want to....

Comment

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT.
      Now i am not sure if you are right about not scoring points for kills. I was playing against another commander and we ended up going head to head destroying each others utilities. I scored really high on the map by the end and with the 2x Team Average bonus it made sense that my points contributed. Now i would understand why they would not allow your points to count becuase you can simply zoom in find an opponent then kill him, thus not really commanding and taking away from the whole point. But what if you kill the other commander???

A little off topic, wouldn't it be cool if you got an extra point for killing squad leaders and commanders???

Comment

Basically, as several have mentioned, the commander score is an avarage of your team...

there is some "mystical" deviation from a simple avarage that isnt completely disclosed yet (I think)... But it is an avarage..

Getting high scores as commander is easy in principle...

Few players on large maps.... the longer the game, the bigger scores.... Try to avoid Artillery, you will get minus points for TK's..

If your team wins, the commander score is doubled... (notice all badges and ribbons with commanderscore requirement is BEFORE the score is doubled)

Comment

Originally posted by -=SiN=-Broown
          A little off topic, wouldn't it be cool if you got an extra point for killing squad leaders and commanders???
          Eh, not really. Last thing I would want is a higher point bounty on my head just for being a squad leader...

As for commander, never, ever use arty unless you have zero teammates in that one area. Even if there are a cluster of red dots there and only one blue one, do not use it, since teamkills do so much damage to your score, and people usually punish those types of teamkills.

Also, people adore UAV, and in my opinion, it is the most powerful and important commander asset to keep alive. Also, when you use the Satellite Scan, make sure you right click and select "Spotted" on as many red dots as possible, especially the ones that are heading toward your flags or the ones that are just out of your UAV range. Detecting snipers really helps your team too.

Well, that is my advice, even though I really do not play commander all that often. I usually like working in the field, thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Bird Killer
            YOU DO NOT GET ANY POINTS FROM ANY OF YOUR KILLS
            YOU DO NOT GET ANY POINTS FOR FLAG CAPTURES
            YOU DO NOT GET ANY POINTS FOR ASSISTS
            YOU ONLY GET POINTS BY MAKING YOUR TEAM EARN POINTS
            Thats how to make points when comanding.
            Great summary by the way!

Comment

The "mystical" deviation from the average is explained by two things:

1. Commander's aren't punished for other peoples' TKs or team damage; the average is calculated from all positive points earned.

2. The Commander gets a point for each point a teammate gets divided by the number of teammates alive at that moment. (see the first post (long) by AthanToo on http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic...r=asc&start=75 ).

3. As you can see from 2, it's actually a rolling average. So if players join or leave mid-game, it deviates even more from a simple end-game average.

Comment

FINAL WORD ON HOW COMMANDER POINTS ARE SCORED:

I learned this from a thread where and in depth study was made, including the reading of server script files. To the best of ANYONE's knowledge (outside of EA, of course), this is how it goes:

Everytime someone on your team scores some positive points (ie, discounting TK's etc), (amount of points that player just scored)/(Number of players alive on your team at that moment) is added to your commander score.

As an example: You play on a server for 5 mins, accruing 20 combat points, and 10 teamwork points. You then decide to be commander. Someone on your team neutralises a flag (2 points) while 2 people on your team were alive. This means 2/2 = 1 point is added to your commander score.

Your overall score in that round is now 20 + 10 + 1 = 31.

As for the 2x bonus. I think that only doubles your commander score. So in the above example, if the round ended then with a win, you would get:

20 + 10 + 2 = 32 points for the round. (2 = 2 x 1, your commander score).

Get it?

EDIT: Ok I see, the above posted just said this. But my explanation is better

Comment

Well thanks for all the replies.. sorry to the mod who had to move the thread.. I thought I stuck it in the right spot based on what I saw in the gallery.

I'll keep working at it.. and I'll stop whoring up the arty.. maybe something will come of it.

Comment

Originally posted by j4k3
                    30 is the average. if you want to get more points, don't use the artillery. arty kills a lot of ppl which reduces ticket ratios faster which ends the round faster which gets you less points. just place the uav where the action is so any enemy that gets killed within the uav, you get a point, place a supply drop near tanks/large group of ppl., etc...

So u think getting 30 points in half an hour is worse than getting 60 points in an hour

Comment

Working...
                    X