question about silence!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about silence!!!

When I am in a squad only very rarely does anyone speak, am I playing on the servers reserved for mutes or does everyone use other software and not the one supplied in the game? If you do could you tell me which is the most popular and where to get it I would really appreciate it, looking forward to some team work!! Cheers guys

Re: question about silence!!!

Either they're shy, just don't want to talk or are using Teamspeak or Ventrilo instead.

Comment

-moved from Tips&Tricks-

It is really hit or miss on who is going to use VOIP in games, our clan uses Teamspeak and we are in constant communication with each other. I run TS and VOIP and use them both when possible.

On a related topic:
      I think that a commander should be required to use VOIP in order to be able to assume the role.

Comment

If you every played over XboxLive you know why people don't want to use VOIP and purposefully turn it off.

Nothing like a 11-year old yelling at his mom to get him chocolate milk (classic) while playing with ya:

WARNING: Rated PG (vulgar language and adult situations):
        http://files.foundrymusic.com/WMV/xb...lls_at_mom.zip

Comment

I'm shy, but if someone starts talking I'll use it. No matter how many times my wife calls me a dork.

Comment

i generally dont use it because the quality is crap and you cant understand what anyone is saying...

Comment

I don't use the in-game VOIP because I use 3rd party software to chat with my friends (GameVoice).

That, and most people don't have VOIP set up properly so you usually can't hear them. And when you CAN hear them...they are either speaking a foreign language or they have the squeakiest, most irritating voice you've ever heard :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Harmor
                Nothing like a 11-year old yelling at his mom to get him chocolate milk (classic) while playing with ya:
                or an idiot who thinks he's better than everyone and decides to let them know over and over again.
                or someone who doesn't like your accent, your shooting, your name, in fact almost anything about you, who just loves to grief with anyone just for the hell of it.
                the list of stupid things ppl do with mics is endless......

or maybe ppl don't like to say "hello is anyone there?" just in case no-one is there and they feel like an idiot for asking

Comment

Originally posted by BadLizzard
                  -On a related topic:
                  I think that a commander should be required to use VOIP in order to be able to assume the role.
                  amen!! same goes for squad leaders of course

Comment

Originally posted by Attila
                    I'm shy, but if someone starts talking I'll use it. No matter how many times my wife calls me a dork.
                    Haha, that's the main reson I don't use it more. My wife already thinks I'm crazy enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Harmor

WARNING: Rated PG (vulgar language and adult situations):
                      http://files.foundrymusic.com/WMV/xb...lls_at_mom.zip

:laugh:

That is awsome!! And the main reason why I never enable voice during games.

Comment

This kid is just using common sense...you should't drink Mountain Dew before bedtime. Sometimes you have to let your voice be heard.

After his little episode, I don;t think Mommy tucked him in...

Comment

in-game voip SUX! It's awful quality, and it seriously hurts my ears when the *** has a sucky mic.

Comment

I hear ya! I use Ventrillo to talk with my friends. I am considering disabling VOIP because sometimes certain people just WON'T shut up & it lowers the in-game sounds when they talk. It DOES lower the in-game sounds when people speak ... Doesn't it? Or is my configs not set right?

Comment

It does drop in game sound for in game VOIP.

Annoying when people use it that dont have mic configured properly and all you get is dead air.

Comment

Working...
                              X