Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Special Forces Scan proof?

Originally posted by Wolfgang Abenteuer
    I think anyone inside a building or under a bridge (or even under the small buildings on Songhua and Dragon Valley -- the ones where you can prone underneath) should be invisible to the satellite sweep. I mean how could a satellite looking down from above know you're inside a building, after all? Unless they use heat/infrared imaging or something. That way you know there'd be one way to hide from the satellite sweep. Maybe they could even be invisible to UAV also, but that might be asking for too much...

~Wolfgang
    Recon satellites don't just look straight down. They may also be using more than visual wavelengths (infrared, ground-penetrating radar).

Comment

thye mite be scan proof if they stand still for like 10 seconds and stay like that for a while

Comment

Yeah, but still, it'd be nice to know that there are places to hide from them. If the enemy commander's decent, it's almost impossible to sneak around and flank a base because you'll be spotted and probably artyed before you even get there. That's one thing I always liked about BF:V - going the 'long way' to a base, travelling through the more dense parts of the jungles to sneak behind enemy lines. With the commander/satellite/UAV that's usually not even an option in BF2.

~Wolfgang

Comment

Originally posted by BurnTheWeed
          Did the manual mention something about the SF being invisible to radar? Not that I ever trusted the manual.
          This was in the players guide (I downloaded it when the game first came out a large pdf file). It also had a few other mistakes. I think they may have been features that changed prior to release of the game.

Comment

I swear that spec ops was supposed to be scan proof. I remember reading that multiple times before the game came out.

Whatever!

Comment

I think if that was the case we would have entire teams of spec ops. No Thanks!

Comment

only thing to show up is red dots

Comment

Originally posted by ColonGlock
                  I think if that was the case we would have entire teams of spec ops. No Thanks!
                  yeah that would suck ass like an invisble team

Comment

Working...
                  X