Special Forces Scan proof?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Forces Scan proof?

I remember reading that the Special forces class can be seen by the commanders UAV but not the sattelite scan. I've never had the chance to verify if that's the case.

Can anybody confirm that?

If that's the case, will a sattelite scan reveal a special forces class in a vehicle (jeep, boat or otherwise). Or are they just invisible when they're on foot?

Sid

Re: Special Forces Scan proof?

They are not "Stealth" In any way shape or form.

Comment

I thought it was the Sniper that couldn't be seen by it. Anyway, I can't confirme it.

Comment

Nothing is scan proof.

Comment

I don't know about spec ops, but I definitely know snipers show up on scans. I always zoom in to someone thats all by themselves to see what they are doing.

Comment

Everyone shows up in both the UAV and Satellite scans. Spec Ops are not an exception to this rule.

Comment

It would be cool if they were invisible to the scan and uav. I wonder if any Mods will have this ability.

Comment

Originally posted by AFEDSLAYER
                Nothing is scan proof.
                He is right nothing is scan proof.

Comment

Originally posted by dnoe91
                  It would be cool if they were invisible to the scan and uav. I wonder if any Mods will have this ability.
                  What would make the Spec Ops the only infantry units able to be invisible to radar? Why not Snipers, AT, Medics, etc? If you give a special ability like this to one class you're going to have to come up with something else for each and every other class.

Comment

Originally posted by soraflair
                    He is right nothing is scan proof.

Comment

I think the sniper should be scan proof when hidden in certin aeras.

Comment

If one class should be "stealth" it should certainly not be the Spec Ops, because next patch they will actually always aim for commander assets such as radar scan and uav trailer (since that will give them points); the commander needs a way to warn his squads (or take defence measures himself) of the incoming ennemies.

I think the sniper should be the stealth class, if only to make up for their pseudo-camouflage that actually give them away more often than not.

Comment

I think anyone inside a building or under a bridge (or even under the small buildings on Songhua and Dragon Valley -- the ones where you can prone underneath) should be invisible to the satellite sweep. I mean how could a satellite looking down from above know you're inside a building, after all? Unless they use heat/infrared imaging or something. That way you know there'd be one way to hide from the satellite sweep. Maybe they could even be invisible to UAV also, but that might be asking for too much...

~Wolfgang

Comment

Did the manual mention something about the SF being invisible to radar? Not that I ever trusted the manual.

Comment

The only difference with a scan is that it just shows dots of the player instead of what vehicle there in or if they are a sniper.

Comment

Working...
                              X