Sink the carrier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sink the carrier?

POE, you could sink the carrier and it was not movable.....It took a whole bunch of bomb runs but was worth it. I cant recall how long it was gone before it respawned but it was def awhile...

BF2 does have a 2 seater bomber sooooooo technically it should be able to be done.....It would def be cool

Comment

I wonder if it is destructable and they haven't told us.

Comment

Why can't they just restrict the ships to a certain acceptable movement area? No beaching or exitting then.

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck0
          Why can't they just restrict the ships to a certain acceptable movement area? No beaching or exitting then.
          Who needs to move the carrier (pretty sure thats the only ship) I say make it sinkable though much like in POE for BFV. Im guessing the POE team will make it sinkable in their BF2 POE mod...

Comment

actually its a good idea... possible instead of using c4 packs, maybe give the engineers a chance to sabotage the carrier and airstrip making them unusable but repairable...

Comment

i guess it wouldnt be that fun to drive the carrier since the mec ppl dont get carriers or such big cruisers

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus
                i guess it wouldnt be that fun to drive the carrier since the mec ppl dont get carriers or such big cruisers
                no they get giant floating ox-carts with small flying ox-carts on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobing
                  What if there was an island, like Wake or Midway, and the carrier moved but on a pre-programmed track around the island, automatically, at a steady speed.
                  Better yet a kind of barrier that the carrier can't get past so it has to stay in a "carrier stays here because retards like beaching it" zone.

Comment

Simple, make barriers for where the ship can go, dont let it pass into the no fly zone, and dont let it be beachable.

Comment

There are 2... COUNT EM! 2!!! Of those minigun thingies on a carrier... One is mis-shaded and on the far side of the radiotower from the spawn point....

Comment

it would be cool if they mad it movable and if it had the guns on it again so you could shell the beach again

Comment

I'd DEF go for a pilotable carrier with a "You no go here" zone. Also more AA or better missiles... As they are now, the Missiles suck ass.

Also, instead of a Battleship, make a Destroyer with Tomahawks and MEC and China will get an Akula sub that can submerge and be invisible to UAVs.

Crusier HP = 5,000

Carrier HP = 10,000

Akula HP = 1,000

Comment

you should be able to blow up the carrier but also able to blow up the air repair station. This way you can have both air powers hurt even without a sea-map.

Comment

Originally Posted by Scoobing
                              What if there was an island, like Wake or Midway, and the carrier moved but on a pre-programmed track around the island, automatically, at a steady speed.
                              Good idea, but then you would haev the problem of idiots driving a RIB infront of it, dieing, and then coming to these forums and complaining. Though it would be funny to see "Frank[killed by huge boat, that he should have seen]" pop up on your screen.

Comment

Id go for the carrier on a set path around the island as long as there were ponies and seahorses that moved up and down along the sides of the ship that I could ride on to carny music.

Comment

Working...
                                X