No announcement yet.

Is your global Win/Loss greater than 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is your global Win/Loss greater than 3?

I guess if you are a very good commander (which the ribbon seems geared towards commander merit), and you dont lose often, you might get it eventually.

It sucks to have a ribbon out there that I will never be able to get, but kinda cool that there is something for the best of the best that not just anyone can get.

Comment

Yeah I agree, I spend most of my time as commander "laying in the weeds" as you put it. You need to concentrate on troop movement/supply/UAV and such too much to do anything else.

If I'm in the middle of the fight and I look over and my commander is running around trying to shoot poeple and whatever, then they are not doing their job.

The commander is no use dead, how many UAV's and spots does the team lose while the commander is fighting and dying? If the scan and/or UAV is up and ready for even a minute and you are not deploying it becuase you are busy doing something else and cant get into commander mode, then the team is serisously losing out and your not doing your job.

I am perfectly happy seeing the commander hiding in some obscure spot. Heck I even go out of my way to repair his assets so he can keep lying there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sub_Saint
        I couldn't disagree more...why should an able body soldier who is fulfilling duties as Commander not be more productive by providing support by manning AA or TOW
        No, you misunderstood what i was saying, i'm not talking about a commader manning an AA turret to shoot a plane/chopper down, that of course is to be encouraged. What i am talking about (and you must have seen it) it the commanders that sit in an AA turret BUT while using the command screen.

They are easy to spot as they are completly stationary, often facing the ground and do it simply to get awards using the "glitch" if you artillery 11 people while sitting in stinger then you get the "air defense ribbon" and the same with other assets and vehicles. If you sit in a tamk and kill 19 people with ARTILLERY! you get the armour award, and so on......

The problem is caused by the fact that when a plane or helicopter is raping you and you need the turret they more often then not just sit there oblivious to the fact as they re in the command screena nd are totally unaware. The turrets are so ineffective for "snap shots" then they need a dedicated user not someone just sitting there facing the floor

Originally posted by LucaBrasi
        I am perfectly happy seeing the commander hiding in some obscure spot. Heck I even go out of my way to repair his assets so he can keep lying there.
        Me too, in large servers definatly and i only play 64 player. There are 31 other people to do the Fighting, but without a commander spending at least 99& of the time in command screen they will not be used effectivly. Sure UAV/radar scans and supllies can be sorted in seconds but developing a strategy and more importantly sending the right squad to the right locations (not just the closest like most commanders do) takes constant monitoring of troop positions, friend and foe.

Commanders need to realise that giving commands and encouraging teamwork is the most important thing they can do, some of my best jobs as commander have involved virtually no artillery use but constant communication via VOIP and the teamwork that was bourne from this method of play was stunning

Comment

It really annoys me when an enemy commander is obviously using all his assets selfishly. When they are in a tank, always put the UAV on themselves as well as dropping all the supply crates on themselves. They suck.

Although if they do that it usually means that their team loses, and i beat them, even if they got 50 kills.

Comment

Originally posted by Tahalee
            My friend has 385 wins to 76 losses. He almost never loses when he is commander and that's all he does basically.
            There's more to winning the game than having a decent commander. It's often down to what type of players your team is composed of and how well they adapt to using squads as well as their skill.

You can be a very good commander and still lose a match, especially when your trying to lead a bunch of no hopers who won't follow orders, won't join squads and basically have the skill level at this game of a three toed sloth.

Comment

@Teaves - ahh...I see what you're saying...those that leave the command screen up continuosly (which can be very dangerous). Yah, they shouldn't be in these kinds of positions...

I guess it all depends on the player, the team, and the circumstances...

Game on!

Comment

Working...
              X