No announcement yet.

Is your global Win/Loss greater than 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is your global Win/Loss greater than 3?

I know you must meet this requirement to get the war college ribbon, which seems outrageous.

I am curious, does anyone out there actually have this ratio? To me it does not seem like you can get this legitimately.

Post here if you have it, or are close to it.

Re: Is your global Win/Loss greater than 3?

No one does.

Comment

Actually there are people that do have that ratio AND already have the war college ribbon. However it being dependant on your team i suspect it involved either swopping to the winning team or playing USMC most of the time as they win more often then not anyway (damn that BH :laugh: )

Comment

Originally posted by Teaves
        Actually there are people that do have that ratio AND already have the war college ribbon. However it being dependant on your team i suspect it involved either swopping to the winning team or playing USMC most of the time as they win more often then not anyway (damn that BH :laugh: )
        Just wait for the patch for now just enjoy some nice infantry. What I do.

Comment

Here is one of the players with 3:1 http://bf2s.com/player/43725957/ Consider that a pre-emptive strike to anyone that is about to type how wrong i am

He has also got a Veteran enginner combat badge, quite rare to see people with Veteran kit awards i think

Comment

I don't have a superb win/loss ratio because I'm not a pansy-azz, team-switching, stats-get-me-off-at-night pwnagerian twat.

That, and I like playing on the underdog side. More sucka'z to jack.

Comment

The only way i believe you could possibly have it is if you team switch or get off server before end of game.

Comment

My friend has 385 wins to 76 losses. He almost never loses when he is commander and that's all he does basically.

Comment

I stand corrected

Comment

i think this requriement sux...because its hard to change the win and loss ratio...if your team sux you cant do a **** to win..crappy ribbon

Comment

I started "playing to win" more then a month ago when they corrected the requirments. My SPM has dropped a bit, but its amazing how different your game changes when you play to win and not just for points. I like most others just played for points, to rank up when the game first came out. As far as we knew who cared about winning right? You dont get your weapons unlocks from number of wins. I just wanted the weapons. In my opinion they should have more medals based on winning, the games are far more intense when people play to win. I cant stand it now when people are always crying on Mashtuur city not to cap the last flag, LETS WIN PEOPLE!!

As for team switching? Most server have autobalance, you would be lucky to be able to switch at the end. 90% of the time its the losing team that players quit all the time, you cross your fingers not to be switched to the losing team at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux_69
                        i think this requriement sux...because its hard to change the win and loss ratio...if your team sux you cant do a **** to win..crappy ribbon
                        Of course another way to look at the awards is this..... Everyone is NOT suppose to get EVERY award There is this huge rush for people to get all the ribbons and awards resulting in "expoiting" certain things to get them (anyone else sick of seeing commanders just sitting in the AA turrets all map?? )

As said most people with 3:1 simply switch sides to win but the "commander only" argument works well also, i had never thought of that before now actually.

I suspect the idea of this award was for the people with LOW K/D ratios and even points to get it, a motiviational player that does the low point things for the good of the time (A superd spec-ops will get almost no points in around because he is keeping the enemy command assets down ALL game, killing the occasional defender but getting very few points)

Comment

Originally posted by shaft
                          I started "playing to win" more then a month ago when they corrected the requirments. My SPM has dropped a bit, but its amazing how different your game changes when you play to win and not just for points. I like most others just played for points, to rank up when the game first came out. As far as we knew who cared about winning right? You dont get your weapons unlocks from number of wins. I just wanted the weapons. In my opinion they should have more medals based on winning, the games are far more intense when people play to win. I cant stand it now when people are always crying on Mashtuur city not to cap the last flag, LETS WIN PEOPLE!!

As for team switching? Most server have autobalance, you would be lucky to be able to switch at the end. 90% of the time its the losing team that players quit all the time, you cross your fingers not to be switched to the losing team at the end.
                          Hehe, you pretty much wrote the same thing as me at the same time in that first bit, spooky

But as for team switching im afraid even with auto-balance its exploitable, as soon as the second map in a round starts hit "TAB" and see what i mean. While somepeople are still reviewing thier scores from last round you can join and make it uneven (the game only counts "active players") You often get 35/29 players for a few second, as soon as someone DIES with uneven teams they are balanced to the other team (usally not the same players that swop) Ever been Tk'd in the opening seconds of a match and ended up auto-balanced? thats usually why :cry:

This is also how you sometimes get all the high ranked players on one team, as a huge (and obviously not 100% acurate) statement, i would say the higher score someone has, the more they only seem to care about thier OWN stats (and winning!) and dont have much interest in "teamplay" .... not that this completly a bad thing, it takes all sorts in the game

Its not that people swop at the end of a map, but at the start of the next, you can usually tell in one match which team is "better" some people are just too lame to take up the challenge of fighting for the underdogs

Comment

Here is one of the players with 3:1 http://bf2s.com/player/43725957/ Consider that a pre-emptive strike to anyone that is about to type how wrong i am

He has also got a Veteran enginner combat badge, quite rare to see people with Veteran kit awards i think
                            Cripes. I didn't think it was possible, nevermind that it'd been done.

Comment

(anyone else sick of seeing commanders just sitting in the AA turrets all map?? )
                              I couldn't disagree more...why should an able body soldier who is fulfilling duties as Commander not be more productive by providing support by manning AA or TOW or fulfilling other duties, like medic or support.

I mean, I'm not saying run into the heat of battle...but I'd much rather see a commander do something beside laying the weeds. Sometimes it's so easy for a commander to protect a flag just by manning a stationary weapon or vehicle in the area and take out the one guy who managed to sneak around the main assault and is about to breach your flank by capping a flag...

Just my opinion...but then again...I don't have a problem with commanders flying as co-pilots...heck...I've been a pilot and done CO when no one else does...sure it's not the most effective...but it's better than nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X