Solution to all the "G3 has no grenade launcher" whining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Solution to all the "G3 has no grenade launcher" whining

The g3 has little more deviation but has increased rof and damage, it is all about how the person uses the weapon. Since we are taking bout nade launcher newbs the gun is used at close range where it is better. I know the aks are better at range, but I was only talking bout the newbs, sorry if you misunderstood me, my bad.

Comment

Originally posted by gungho
      Its an assault rifle, not a point & spray smg. 20 rounds is a realistic mag size.
      But not effective for gameplay, reality is one thing, but if I'm playing a game and one person with an AK can gun down 3-4 guys with his 30 round clip while I'm stuck with my limit 20 round clip then they have an advantage over me and that ruins the game balance. I've got the G3 unlock, and 20 rounds is not enough for this game. espeically when the G3 has more deviation when firing meaning your bullets are less likely to hit their target.

Comment

I understand, but my point still stands -- you have more to lose than to win with the G3. If you play assault for the M203, don't unlock the G3. Here are the stats:

Sorry about the picture. Anyhow, minimal deviation is slightly higher. ROF is the same as the other rifles, although it should actually be slower (the real G3 fires around 550 RPM and the gun ingame sounds like that, although it's faster). The damage increase does not suffice for it to overcome the loss of ten rounds, a slightly increase of deviation. It just doesn't pay off, I've gone back to the AKs in MEC/PLA and rarely use the G3. Only when I really feel like hearing that typical sound. Now, unlocks are suppose to be alternatives/slight upgrades, the but G3, I find, is a downgrade.

I know this is ever so off-topic, but I highly doubt they're going to include the HK79. So the best solution is to bump up accuracy so they can still stand up against the other rifles at longer ranges.

Comment

My buddy must be VERY lucky then, because he can shoot people at sniping distance with the G3... I can't count how many times I've scoped someone only to see him dropped by my buds G3

Comment

Probably. I take out people from a distance easily with the G36C, the M16 and even sometimes with the AKs, but the G3 is out of the question. I don't know why. I'll pick it up again tonight and try a few different styles, but I'm betting the results are the same. Might be how like the M95 presents some bullet drop while it's not as noticable with the M24.

Comment

In single shot you can hit targets at a pretty fair distance with the G3. It's not as useless at range as some people suppose. But I agree with Snake, given the loss of the noob tube, and the 20 round clip, I think they should have made it at least as acurate as the AKs, if not slightly more acurate.

It actually has lower recoil than the AKs which does make it more acurate in full auto, or bursting, at close-medium range.

Comment

just what we need... yet another noob launcher.

Comment

I think a good change would be this:

Keep the G3 as it is, same power, accuracy, and grenade configuration, but change the normal magazines into barrel magazines that have 45 rounds each, 2 extra mags instead of 3. IMO the only thing that makes this gun a good alternative to the nade launcher version is the power of the weapon, but this is cut short by the small mag size. Increasing the mag size would make this weapon alot more useful imo.

Comment

'Solution to all the "G3 has no grenade launcher" whining made easy: stop whining?

Comment

HK79=one of the best GLs ever made, you tilt the tube down, then you load it from the breach. It can launch more kinds of projectiles, and can launch them farther. It's an overpowered GL. Anyways, stats don't matter that much, it's fun sniping the hell outta people with the G3, so at about 100-200 meters, i go prone, the target goes prone, i shoot one shot at him in semi-auto, he's dead. It's a fun gun to use, i mean, i don't get as many points as if i were medic, but using the G3 is really fun. And anyways, if anybody couldn't kill people at sniping range with the G36C, i will kill them (in game and in RL) cause if you can't hit people at sniping range with that thing, you really suck, it's probably the most accurate automatic weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by jdrou
                        What makes it "hella powerful"? It takes the same number of hits to kill as the AK47 which does have a GL. Better than M16A2 of course but that's not saying much.
                        Why, may I ask, are you so stupid. G3 is more poweful than the AK47 and the AK101.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy01741
                          And anyways, if anybody couldn't kill people at sniping range with the G36C, i will kill them (in game and in RL) cause if you can't hit people at sniping range with that thing, you really suck, it's probably the most accurate automatic weapon.
                          Which, IMO, means that EA/Dice phailed at the guns in this game. Why is a carbine, especially one with such a stubby little barrel like the G36C, more accurate at range than a rifle like the G3 or M16? It should be the other way around. Spec ops already gets C4, and they are the only ones with the ability to blow up commander's stuff using it (well, okay, if you feel like wasting 5 minutes shooting a UAV trailer with a tank, then anyone can ), so do they really need the most accurate weapons in the game as well? I think the assault players got gypped on the accuracy side of things.

~Wolfgang

Comment

Originally posted by CaMar0z
                            Why, may I ask, are you so stupid. G3 is more poweful than the AK47 and the AK101.
                            Well, maybe he is stupid, but he is also right. The G3 and the AK47 both kill with 1 headshot, 3 body shots against no armour, and 4 body shots against armour. The extra damage will only help the G3 against targets who are already damaged.

*Edit* BTW the AK101 takes 5 body shots to kill against armour, so the G3 does have a distinct advantage on MEC maps, and the MEC/urban maps are the only ones where it makes sense to play assault.

Comment

Originally posted by CaMar0z
                              Why, may I ask, didn't you even bother to use a question mark and proceeded to call someone stupid over something they're right about?

37 DMG (AK-101) * 2 = 74 DMG = not dead -> 37 * 3 = 111 DMG = Dead target.
                              40 DMG (G3) * 2 = 80 DMG = not dead -> 40 * 3 = 120 DMG = Dead target.

Takes the same amount of rounds to kill a full-health target. Read the thread before making yourself look stupid.
                              Keep the G3 as it is, same power, accuracy, and grenade configuration, but change the normal magazines into barrel magazines that have 45 rounds each, 2 extra mags instead of 3. IMO the only thing that makes this gun a good alternative to the nade launcher version is the power of the weapon, but this is cut short by the small mag size. Increasing the mag size would make this weapon alot more useful imo.
                              IMO, wouldn't work... defeats the purpose of assault -- it's not as 'heavy' as support (drum magazines would bring that heft up) but it's not as 'light' as Spec Ops either -- it's an in-between, your average joe armed with a 20/30 round rifle. 45 would turn it into a support weapon, which is not of interest to assault...

Comment

nah seriously if we had GL on th G3 people would use that alot more and all we would see is grenades blasted ALL the time. If they change anything the game would be unbalanced and people would have a tendency to play only assault class and we wouldnt want that. we would lose medics and support and those guys are A LOT of help on the field...

Comment

Working...
                                X