Solution to all the "G3 has no grenade launcher" whining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solution to all the "G3 has no grenade launcher" whining

Should be included with 1.1 in my opinion.

Re: Solution to all the "G3 has no grenade launcher" whining

Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan
    http://world.guns.ru/grenade/gl09-e.htm

Should be included with 1.1 in my opinion.
    We all know about it, but i like having grenades, Assault should be able to choose between those, or at least hte G3 should. Let's hope EA implements it in Special Forces Expansion pack.

Comment

the g3 is hella powerful why make assult more unbalanced by giving it a nade launcher

Comment

umm i dont think this would be great idea IMO i mean the m16 is okay but has the grenadelaucher which is a powerful weapon where as the g3 is powerful but has nades where you cant get instant kills. so if you have powerful weapon plus powerful weapon the nade whoring would be terribly as they could kill you up close where the m16 is weak with g3 which would kill you instantly almost

just my 2pence

Comment

It should just have a higher capacity mag...

Comment

Originally posted by SL4Y3R
            umm i dont think this would be great idea IMO i mean the m16 is okay but has the grenadelaucher which is a powerful weapon where as the g3 is powerful but has nades where you cant get instant kills. so if you have powerful weapon plus powerful weapon the nade whoring would be terribly as they could kill you up close where the m16 is weak with g3 which would kill you instantly almost

just my 2pence
            Problem with the G3 is, if you only like having the assault weapon, with reg nades, you go medic, and you can get more points. That's my only qualm with the G3, maybe EA should make only for the G3, to use reg nades, or the nadelauncher, because when a sniper is on a rooftop, and theres a claymore on the laddder, a nadelauncher does nothing.

Comment

Yeah, a larger mag would be nicer for the G3. Otherwise I personally prefer having the hand nades over the (would-be) HK79. The G3 is a beast the way is, and is easily my favourite gun in this game despite the lack of the nade launcher.

But, if it did have a nade launcher, it wouldn't change the true die-hard n00b t00bers at all, really. They still wouldn't switch to their rifle until they ran out of nades. They'd just bunnyhop away waiting to reload the nade, so it's not like giving them a more powerful gun would change much.

~Wolfgang

Comment

The G3/launcher & that website have been posted before. Any serious change in a particular weapon is going to get ppl flaming "...but I unlocked a different weapon & now I want that one..."

Comment

Originally posted by SmilingRaccoon
                  the g3 is hella powerful why make assult more unbalanced by giving it a nade launcher
                  What makes it "hella powerful"? It takes the same number of hits to kill as the AK47 which does have a GL. Better than M16A2 of course but that's not saying much.

Comment

Originally posted by aLLyBOOM
                    It should just have a higher capacity mag...
                    Agreed, I like having the option of grenades vs. grenade launcher but the limited clip really dissapoints in a firefight.

Comment

Uhh, no. You have this thing called a rifle, lets use it and put down the noobtube.

Comment

Originally posted by BurnTheWeed
                        the limited clip really dissapoints in a firefight.
                        Its an assault rifle, not a point & spray smg. 20 rounds is a realistic mag size.

Comment

The HK79 was mentioned eons ago in these forums. I highly doubt they're going to redo the weapon model and add the underslung. I mean, if they wanted it to have a GL, they would've put it from the start. They bothered to research the GP-25 and the GP-30, they most likely came across the HK79 but didn't want to implement it. I doubt they're going to redo models, UV wrapping and textures.

The only thing I complain about the G3 is its appalling accuracy. It's horrid. It has a 0.5 minimal deviation. It means the first shot will deviate a minimum of 0.5 from it's path. For reference, the M4 has 0.15 minimal deviation, the M16 has 0.3 minimal deviation and is quite accuracy (enough, at least) and the AK-101 and 47 have 0.45 minimal deviation.

Now, take the AK-47 -- 38 DMG/round; 30 rounds; GP-25; 0.45 minimum deviation -- and compare it to the G3's stats -- 40 DMG/round; 20 rounds; no underslung launcher; 0.5 minimum deviation.

If you compare the G3 to all of the other rifles you'll see that, in theory and in practise it's worse. You lose ten rounds, gain a minimal damage quantity and the accuracy is horrible. Yes, those 0,05 make a difference, believe me. At longer distances you can waste an entire 20 round magazine trying to hit a target, while proned, even with a large pacing between shots.

About the grenade launcher -- it's useful, but I don't really miss it. I use assault for infantary, not vehicles and I avoid using the M203 unless I have to, because, well... the one shot one kill is rather cheap IMO.

The only reason I don't use the G3 in most cases is the accuracy, otherwise, in urban maps like Karkand, Mashtuur and Sharqi I'll use it and kill a few, thanks to it's rather large spread pattern.

I say boost the deviation to near AK-101 levels (say, 0.40 m. Deviation) and people will stop nagging about how they have so much to lose. BFHQ does say "High" accuracy after all.

Comment

Originally posted by jdrou
                            What makes it "hella powerful"? It takes the same number of hits to kill as the AK47 which does have a GL. Better than M16A2 of course but that's not saying much.
                            The g3 does the most damage outta any gun in the game asides snipers, it may be close to the ak version but the g3 is much more powerful and accurate stats wise.

Comment

Originally posted by SmilingRaccoon
                              The g3 does the most damage outta any gun in the game asides snipers, it may be close to the ak version but the g3 is much more powerful and accurate stats wise.
                              SmilingRaccoon: take a look at what I just posted. The figures prove the G3 is the least accurate when compared to the default rifles and the damage increase is minimal. If you want, I can upload the stats table somewhere so you can compare all of the values.

Comment

Working...
                              X