New v1.03 info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New v1.03 info

wait so i dont understand hows the TK system work now?

Comment

Originally posted by JeFFLe323
      the way it is now, is that u get punished for everything...

Comment

Originally posted by JeFFLe323
        new punish system: you and 5 other pals jump in a BH piloted by "MrUbaPilot". After a few loopings that amazing pilot will slam your vehicle into the ground killing all passangers and 5 other players that where camping for the next BH. And here comes the new and exciting twist: none of the 10 players will be able to punish him. That basicly all that has been changed according to that "source"

Comment

From what I see its depriving more stuff than giving. Most of which I would rather just keep than change. All the rest was hard to understand.

Comment

nerfing the blackhawk mini-guns AND not allowing repairs during flight means no one will bother with them anymore. they're only really a problem on Mashtuur City anyways.

what they really need to do is make the MEC and Chinese mini-guns better also but leave everything else about choppers alone EXCEPT make them 4 points for each Blackhawk occupant you shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
              So if they make the miniguns on the Blackhawk the same as the guns on the MEC/Chinese choppers, it'll be fine.

Agreed?

I wasn't calling the MEC/Chinese guns useless..I was making a point about your comment about the BH mini-guns being useless if nerfed. They'd be 'as useless' as the MEC/Chinese guns if they were nerfed to being like them. See?
              I see your point, but I'd still rather see them give the MEC/PLA helo guns a power boost rather then tone down the minigun. Say what you will, but I like the minigun just the way it is. I think the MEC/PLA guns should be made more effective against light vehicles to represent the larger round that they fire, but leave the minigun the infantry mutilator that it is.

Comment

Why not just make easier to take down, So now a pilot will have to think about coming in so low for a cap, or base rape. Why not let 1 well placed at rox take it down....

Comment

Friggin LMAO big time @ Drevor's signature !

Comment

Originally posted by Talus

Things to note:
                    -support points limited per individual (i.e. you cannot farm points off of only 1 person by healing, resupplying, dropping med packs, or ammo packs)

That'll be good. Last night in a round(kubra dam), top 3 players were all in my team ,each making about 100 points. But we lost badly. Why? These 3 ppl have 0 kill/death.

Comment

• No Dice! Bad! Bad! Don't Touch The Miniguns!

Beef up the MEC/PLA 50 cal's, but please oh please, do not touch the Blackhawk's miniguns - if anything the miniguns are perfectly balanced right now, given the fact they are and would be 10x more devastating in real life. Nerfing them will only mean MORE Blackhawk's will be sitting on helipads unused. Look at the MEC/PLA transport helicopters - Dice would have to be a bunch of blind morons to miss the fact that NO ONE USES THEM!! ---->>> BECAUSE THEY SUCK! The only time people really use them (I'm not being 100% literal you grammar whores) is as a taxi or to ram someone or ram another Blackhawk. I don't even care about the odd guy who defends the MEC/PLA choppers saying, "Well I get the odd kill with them..." Good for you! But 99% of players know that they suck compared to the BH and know that using the 50 cals (and riding in the choppers in general) is like riding in a coffin - you know you're going to die pretty quickly.

It'd be nice if Dice could leave the BH miniguns alone along with the Medic/Support/Engineer class changes for all of us who play on UNRANKED servers and don't freakin' care about "how many points" someone is getting or who is "stat-padding".

The Medic, Support and Engineer classes will only become more useless after Dice nerfs them like this, sure it'll stop 'stat-padders' but at the expense of gameplay. It's a freaking GAME people, if you really care that much that someone else is "padding their stats" and getting a ****ty unlockable weapon sooner than you, you really need to get out and get some fresh air. [get laid].

Originally posted by Dangerdog
                      Taking out the in-air-repair is extremely bad idea, slow it down, okay fine but don’t take it out completely, good luck trying to play a map like Operation Clean Sweep when you have enemy jets and attack choppers blowing your
                      Blackhawks out of the sky, or Fushe Pass where both sides will have virtual flying coffins, nobody is going to even bother using them.

Also note they said nothing about eliminating capping flags from choppers or slowing it down, clans that take over a server will just have a couple of engineers sitting somewhere in a vehicle waiting for their chopper buddy to hover over them for repairs.
                      Exactly! Keep the repair capability, but I agree, slow it down, otherwise the transport helicopters will collect even more dust sitting on the helipads. Play Fushe Pass, Dragon Valley, Masthuur City, wait - all of the maps - I guarantee you, 95% of the time the MEC/PLA transport helicopters will be sitting on the helipad.

The solution is not to nerf the Blackhawk, rather to make the MEC/PLA helicopters better and deadlier! Everyone hates getting into a vehicle that they know sucks - why even think of making a great vehicle like the Blackhawk worse? It's like getting into a Jeep/FAV/DPV (whatever) when you know you're going to run into a tank or APC. From now on, getting into ANY of the transport helicopters will be like closing the door on your coffin - as it lies 6 feet under with your family watching you have dirt thrown on top of it!

Originally posted by Retribution.
                      so bloody true
                      i was quite shocked to find that it actually took teamwork to bring down the blackhawk, teamwork?
                      oh yes thats right something i brought the game for, another fix is the stopping of reparing the bh in mid air, again this seems to be a teamwork trait, but oh no not anymore, well it's good to see that the meak did eventually inherit the game and the rest of us all get a dumbed down version

aye say what you will and i bet half of you think i am just moaning about the bh because "its all i use" but no thats not the case, the game (apart from a few niggling bugs) does work great as it is now and if you do get in a good squad wonderfull things can happen, seems like this patch (if true) will just eradicate team work in a few places and make some things ingame pointless to do

roll on FH2.
                      Preach brother! So true. ****ing hell, and I thought Dice knew what they were doing... (for the most part - I'm not going to truly bash them until we get some official word)

But I will say it once again - THIS PATCH ONLY CATERS TO RANKED SERVERS!! PLAYERS ON UNRANKED SERVERS DON'T CARE ABOUT THIS STAT-PADDING ******** - DON'T MESS WITH IT IF IT ONLY AFFECTS LESS THAN HALF THE PEOPLE WHO PLAY THE GAME!! AGHHH!

Comment

• Re: New v1.03 info

Originally posted by Dangerdog

While your little stealth mission to cap the BH base on mashtuur is fun I’m sure, you must get pretty ****ed off to see the BH sweep in, do a five second cap and mow you to the ground with its miniguns.

5 seconds? I always feel it is 2 1/2 seconds with a full BH.

Comment

Originally posted by Thameth
                          Great, less realism with nerfed mini-guns......

Hopefully its not JUST the BH that can't repair in the air and hopefully all vehicles can't repair in the air. If your going to do it to one you have to do it to all.
                          i know, god damnit, im so ****ed

Comment

Originally posted by jonnysanchez
                            my guess is that medics and supports can only get 50 revive/heal/resupply points per round. and what does this mean

* In - and zoom out on the card it is adapted to the mapgrootte

???
                            from the to-fix list posted before:
                            map zoom depending on map setup (16, 32 or 64 player map) etc.

but I don't really know what they're talking about either.

Comment

Damn shame about the BH guns if the rumours are true. They are about the only guns in game that approach the lethality of their real life cousins. Even aside from that, they look and sound awesome and they are incredibly fun to use. And fun is what this game is all about eh?

When it comes to balancing (and I do appreciate the necessity) I would have thought it would be wiser to change one thing in the BH instead of two. If the announcement had been limited to the loss of repair-in-the-air capability I would be much happier. But changing two things seems like a good way to overreact.

Let's face it, making the BH more vulnerable to fire is going to change the way the pilot behaves. They are going to be a lot more circumspect about exposing themselves to fire, and lot more eager to get out of danger than they are at present. Tactics that worked before like taking hits head on while you get into position to bring your guns online are not going to work anymore.

Don't change the guns Dice/EA!

Comment

Oh how I hope this is so wrong... how reliable is the source?

Comment

Working...
                                X