Realistic Wounds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realistic Wounds?

Anyone heard of any mods that would have realistic wounds? For instance, if you get hit in the leg or gut, you would fall down and not be able to move, until a medic came and patched you up or you died from blood loss. It would also be cool if you got hit in the lung you would move very slowly. This would make the medic role much better. As a sniper you could then try and disable someone versus kill them. Any thoughts?

Re: Realistic Wounds?

thats A LOT of realism rite there. I dont think any game has that much
    what makes you think a mod would spend so much time on that ?

Comment

Shoot off the arms of the entire opposing teams so all they can do is run in circles like idiots. Sounds fun.

~Salad

Comment

Originally posted by SaladFork
        Shoot off the arms of the entire opposing teams so all they can do is run in circles like idiots. Sounds fun.

~Salad
        lol sure does
        let me guess, the first bug will be: you shoot off the arms but somehow you can still hold the med pack ammo pack and the gun and other stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Wild_Wokman
          Anyone heard of any mods that would have realistic wounds? For instance, if you get hit in the leg or gut, you would fall down and not be able to move, until a medic came and patched you up or you died from blood loss. It would also be cool if you got hit in the lung you would move very slowly. This would make the medic role much better. As a sniper you could then try and disable someone versus kill them. Any thoughts?

If nothing else, make it where if a sniper shoots a * stationary * person in the head, it's a one-shot, one-kill. Anywhere else on the body is fair game. But a head shot on a person who was not moving around to begin with should be a no-brainer!

Comment

Originally posted by Coderedpl
            thats A LOT of realism rite there. I dont think any game has that much
            what makes you think a mod would spend so much time on that ?
            In Operation Flashpoint, if you get hit in the leg, you're stuck crawling until you get a medic's help.

Comment

yeah wait for op flashpoint 2

Comment

Its not possible with the BF2 engine as far as I know.. sorry :/

Comment

I'm sorry, I thought we were talking about gaping axe wounds.

Comment

I've always thought that it'd be cool if something like that could be made into a game. It'd be cool if you got one of your arms shot of and you had to aim your gun with just one hand, making it harder. I could picture a lot of Rambo-like moments right there.

Comment

Originally posted by regal7788
                      yeah wait for op flashpoint 2
                      Oh, like I haven't been for almost 4 years now!

Comment

Originally posted by DLWebmaestro96
                        In Operation Flashpoint, if you get hit in the leg, you're stuck crawling until you get a medic's help.
                        k well then i was wrong

Comment

The wouldnt add realistic wounds to BF 2, they want to keep it just T so they can sell to wider audience. Notice how theres no blood aswell, just dust flies of when you shoot someone. If there had been blood, it would automatically be M, and all the little kiddies wouldnt be able to play. So no it wont happen, because as long is the game is T, EA makes more money.

Comment

I lvoe the idea, always wanted that in a game, only thing is, no loss of bodyparts just make it harder to use that part, Its like putting in the whole idea AA had on the soldier. Or if any of you ghost recon fans know,if your shot in the legs your "gimped" SO you like "gimp" around. IF shot in arms your firing is very bad. I hate shoting someone and they just keep popping fire at you like they are robocop.

Comment

PR and OIF are both trying to get as realistic as possible, with the wounds and all. Haven't got there yet, but they are working on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X