What do you use to fly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you use to fly?

I bought a Saitek Cyborg Evo once...returned it to the store the same day. It's just not right for some people.

Comment

I use my keyboard only, no mouse. I don't like to toot my own horn but I get compliments on my flying from almost every gunner that pals up with me. I suggest learning with the keyboard. I've been doing that since the early days of DC as well.

Comment

I use a keyboard...and I do fine. It's much more convenient to use the keyboard for everything....no need to snatch your joystick!

Comment

just wondering...does changing the joystick sensitivity to something really high allow u to pull sharper turns

Comment

I use the keyboard. I had a joystick, it was a sidewinder. It was new when windows 95 was. The keyboard I think is better, but I don't fly well anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Zagashi
              For flying definatly a joystick, no question. Anyone who says keyboard is and idiot and jealous because they dont own a joystick.

For choppers I find keyboard to be more effective, as chopper are very sensitive, and keyboards can be very responsive, and more accurate. I suppose joysticks are just as good, if not better, but ive been flying choppers by keyboard ever since DC 0.4.

My respect of Zagashi has just taken a dive for the worse, Thats a very ignorant statement. You say people that fly jets with mouse and keyboard are idiots and yet you fly choppers with a keyboard????? i thought more of you after your sniper thread but i see now a guide would be pointless if you use this sort of one sided opinon " if i dont use it, its wrong and your an idiot" :cry:

I have a good joystick and i ONLY use mouse and keyboard for planes and Helo's, there is nothing you cant achieve on a mouse/keyboard combo that cant be achieved on a joystick. Its all personal preference, dont let anyone tell you otherwise. Try higher sensitivity if needed, but saying your mouse limits movement dosent say much about how in control they are on the ground and *shock* actually aiming with a mouse

Comment

meh i have the MS sidewinder force feedback whatever but dont use, its just a dustcollector cause i dont have the time to practice with it(wish i could though) .I use the keyboard instead suits my needs perfectly

Comment

Originally posted by a1pointguard
                  Mouse and keyboard. I don't need to waste my money on joystick junk.
                  I think that about sums it up. Though, in order to stop the ringing in my ear I would need a mouse pad with a 3FT Diameter. For now, I'll continue to be Good Target practise.

T

Comment

Why does this question always turn into a flame fest??

Comment

I use mouse and keyboard, with one very important difference!

I have "invert mouse selected".

I used a trackball mouse. When I scroll back with the trackball, its like pulling back on the throttle.

I am so used to it from BF42 and BFV I didnt even know I had it inverted. Otherwise it seems backwards.

Comment

Because people always mix up thier opinions and personal preferences with FACT The question is relativly simple
                        "What do you use to fly?"
                        And the thread starter even writes about trying the various control methods and is obviosly looking for opinion into what other people use, not just the joystick users.

Comment

Keyboard.

Thats it, mouse controlls arent direct enough, WAY to sluggish, and yes, i can do all the fancy tricks you can. I broke my joystick :s

Comment

ROFL @ your sig picture The 13th Raptor :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                            X