What do you use to fly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you use to fly?

I know that this has been asked but when I did a search all I found was something from a couple of months ago. So here's the question again (now that everyone has had time to play it more).

What do you use to fly? And how do you set the settings?

I have tried useing a mouse, keyboard, joystick, and trackball for flying and just can't seem to get things set right. It seems like I always have problems with movement of the helo, haven't tried plays much yet. I have the track ball working the best so far by changing the senstivity and some other settings. Just wanted to know what some of the really good pilots do since I want to get better to help teamplay.

Re: What do you use to fly?

For flying definatly a joystick, no question. Anyone who says keyboard is and idiot and jealous because they dont own a joystick.

For choppers I find keyboard to be more effective, as chopper are very sensitive, and keyboards can be very responsive, and more accurate. I suppose joysticks are just as good, if not better, but ive been flying choppers by keyboard ever since DC 0.4.

Comment

Mouse and keyboard. I don't need to waste my money on joystick junk.

Comment

One of those legendary mouse flyers.

Comment

I can fly great with mouse and keyboard when it come to heli, but i think it is necessary to get a joystick for the jets.

Comment

mouse and keyboard i have a jostick but too lazy to grab it from friends house

Comment

I usaly use my joystick

Comment

Microsoft Sidewinder Pro 2 Force Feedback. After I started playing BF2 I really got to use that thing. In DC the choppers was easier to control with mouse / keyboard but in BF2 it works well with the joystick.

Comment

for jets I use a joystick + throttle setup..

for helicopters, I stick with the mouse and keyboard

Comment

I have a joystick but just choose to use the keyboard instead, i've got a microsoft sidewinder pro and it's a great joystick, I just perfer the keyboard, but may switch to joystick someday.

Comment

im a mouse and keyboard person too. tryed with a joystick but the mouse and keyboard are so much easier imo

Comment

joystick but i suck with it i like ground combat more anyways

Comment

For Planes- Joystick
                          For Helos- Mouse & Keyboard Mouse Sensitivity 10 Yaw 10 pitch 10 Mouse inverted

Comment

Joystick and Nostromo n52. I use the n52 for throttle while flying transport choppers...otherwise I use the joystick 100% for all other flying of choppers and jets.

Comment

Originally posted by Zagashi
                              For flying definatly a joystick, no question. Anyone who says keyboard is and idiot and jealous because they dont own a joystick.

For choppers I find keyboard to be more effective, as chopper are very sensitive, and keyboards can be very responsive, and more accurate. I suppose joysticks are just as good, if not better, but ive been flying choppers by keyboard ever since DC 0.4.
                              :/

i bought a joystick specially for bf2. saitek cyborg evo, and i dont use it. when i fly, its keyboard only.

Comment

Working...
                              X