Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: M95...

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ
    in real life if u jit a guy in the face when he was in prone with a .50 bullets his body would get ripped on half...but cos dicee gotta make the gmae balanced the .50 m95 sucks hard ass...
    yea they do i remember when i used to play Rainbow six 3 the 50 cal was a one hit kill and it was wayyyyyyyy to powerful.

Comment

m95 sucks terribly at first but ull learn to adapt and own

Comment

actually, the m95 is slightly less accurate, but extremely slightnesses

thicker crosshair, but whatever, still teh pwnz0r$es when you beaten to a jet when your gunna steal from enemy, and you shoot him in the face

but ill be havin to try the bullet drop, and learn to scale

Comment

I must say that I agree wholeheartedly, though somewhat belatedly, with the round drop over distances. HOWEVER, what I wholeheartedly DISAGREE with, is the fact that, while having a few friends watching me play with the M95, I had to hit a guy who was laying down NOT 50 YARDS FROM MY POSITION. He appeared to have the Assault Kit and was laying down next to a wood fence, facing away from me at approximately a 140-145 degree angle. I hit him FOUR TIMES and still all he did was crawl around the other side of the corner of the fence looking for who was hitting him. I noted the hits by watching for those little gold X's that appear(like in your video Zagashi-BTW Very impressive video, would love to know sometime how you did that, recorded game play?-Coolness!) Finally, I hit him a FIFTH time in the right forearm(as that was all that was showing around the corner of the fence) and he finally died, from an ARM SHOT, forget the one head shot and three upper-torso body shots, the ARM SHOT was the one that finally did him in. I was then promptly killed by someone else because I spent too much time trying to get ONE kill with FIVE shots, that they were able to sneak up on me and KNIFE me.

I HAVE to say, BULLSH1T!!! Having been a Sniper in the USMC(RealLife), I've fired the Barretts M82A1 .50 Caliber Sniper Rifle, and 99.999% of all the targets I shot at, literally EXPLODED! None of this 4-5 shots crap! In addition, I don't care WHAT kind of armor you wear, a .50 Cal round will right through it like a freakin hot knife through warm butter.

I say, either make the hits more realistic; ie-arms coming off, heads exploding, KILLS FOR EACH HEAD SHOT AND UPPER TORSO BODY SHOT, or remove the freakin weapon altogether. I understand the need for no "superweapons" but at the same time, lets not get carried away with ficticious bullsh1t, enough is enough.

Thanks for letting me voice my opinion.

Comment

Hmm, i agree, i mean if you can't implement a weapon into a game properly, then don't do it at all. I think we would all be happier with a less powerful rifle than the m95, but more powerful than the m24, without the rifle having to live up to its real life counterpart. Either they use weapons which are fictional, or make the weapons realistic, but as realistic as their rea life counterparts.

Comment

The unlocks should be made worth having ....

Comment

Great post and movie Zagashi! Thanks!

Comment

they should have made it like this... leave the damage the same for m24 and the rest of the sniper rifles, just make m95 a one hit kill for unarmored targets, and for armored targets make it the same as it is now. I know its unrealistic, 50 cal should blow through typical body armor but still, for gameplay purposes, make it one hit kill for unarmored targets.

Comment

MaBelle great post idd. I totally agree with you. If the idea of unlocks is made to balance out the game why unlock weapons in the first place? Just keep the default weapons so it would be fair... none of this bullcrap about unlocking. The M95 reputation has been seriously damaged cause of this game and the stupid physics this game proposes. Hopefully the new patch will sort it, but very much doubt that.

People have critcised the M95 a lot and its because of such reasons why I feel it was a waste of time to unlock such a weapon. Sometimes I could get targets from a heck of a distance and on the odd occassion the dude simply doesn't die from either close range of distance. Not sure whether ths is due to packet loss, as I have heard it happens quite a lot :=\

Comment

Originally posted by teh_pwner_of_noobs
                      If the bullet drop thing is the case, EA didn't learn their physics very well.

Weight has no control over the falling distance of an object. Since the m95 has a much higher muzzle velocity, it should have less travel time, thus less time to drop. Ah well, either way its all whacked, so I've given up.
                      Yeah something like that... you sir... are correct... it's all whacked.

Comment

Originally posted by teh_pwner_of_noobs
                        If the bullet drop thing is the case, EA didn't learn their physics very well.

Weight has no control over the falling distance of an object. Since the m95 has a much higher muzzle velocity, it should have less travel time, thus less time to drop. Ah well, either way its all whacked, so I've given up.
                        Techincally, the M24 and M95 have the same muzzle velocity of 2800 feet per second... far below even that of a M16. Their higher grain allows them to propell the heavier round. Lower velocity+heavy bullet = good. But this game isnt a sim.

The reason the bullet drop appears to be whacked is that distances are GREATLY underexaggerated in this game. When looking at a flag that says its 500 meters away, it appears to be more like 1500-2000m. The reason a lot of people think there is no bullet drop is because most engagements are much less than that, so theres no need to compensate your elevation. I make it a habit to fire at the top of peoples heads at distances over 250m though... just to get a clean headshot.

Comment

Working...
                        X