M95...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M95...

I just made Corporal and unlocked the M95, and I've got a beef... a couple times when there would be an enemy lying prone, not moving, no more than 100-ish metres away, I shoot them twice and they don't die... I thought this rifle was supposed to penetrate bullet-proof glass, but it can't kill a soldier in two shots?

Re: M95...

NEWFLASH!!! Life sucks.

Just train with it, you'll learn to use it right.

Comment

Yeah. I used to hate it to when i first got it, you just have to get used to it. spend a couple of seconds lining up then open up. Thats what i do.

Comment

Do you have to account for bullet drop over distances?

Comment

no

Comment

Yes you do have to account for bullet drop for distances, and bullet drop increases when firing at targets at higher altitudes(sniper in a crane), and decreases when firing downwards.

I love my m95, and it is just as accurate the m24, the only difference is that it has the inclusion of much greater bullet drop(due to its larger round), which very few people know, this is what causes people so much frustration when they have the crosshair directly on the person, and the bullet completly misses.

With the M95 for long distance shots, you have to actually aim above your target for the bullet to hit. Try this with a friend on a large map with little fog, such as Kubra dam, and try hitting eachother from over 500 meters. At that range the m24 has a slight bullet drop, but with the m95, you must be using the first marker line below the crosshair.

Factors that increase bullet drop are: Being bellow your target forces you to aim higher to adjust as the bullet drop is increased. Being above your target reduces the bullet drop, so adjust accordingly.

And if anyone still has doubt's about this, get a friend and create your own server on 64 kubra dam, and have eachother engage eachother at extreme distance, and try to hit him by aim directly at him. You should notice that it is impossible, and that your bullets are landing quite a ways infront of him. Then try slowly moving your crosshair above him, and firing, until you get a hit. You should notice the crosshair when you fired was quite a ways above him as you fired. Try the same with the m24 and you should notice there is minimal drop. You should also notice that nomatter how far you space yourselves apart, that with the correct judgement of the bullet drop, the M95 is perfectly accurate, and will always be capable of hitting any target at any range, right up to the very max of your field of view.

So in conclusion, the M95 has an effective range of well beyond your max field of view, but has increased bullet drop compared to the m24 creating the illusion of it being more inaccurate. Dont beleive me, try for yourself.

Heres 2 videos I've made to show the M95's bullet drop effect. The target is a little more than 400 meters, and I had to use the first bar to hit. The first is the normal video with the shot at normal speed. The second is the same video, but the shot has been slowed.

Here is normal speed.
            http://media.putfile.com/M95-Bullet-Drop

Here is slow motion.
            http://media.putfile.com/M95-Bullet-Drop-Slow

And those people who say the rifle is inaccurate dont know how to use it.

And waiting before you fire is irrelivent. As you will notice in the video, the second I had my target lined up i fired.

Comment

m24 > *

Comment

in real life if u jit a guy in the face when he was in prone with a .50 bullets his body would get ripped on half...but cos dicee gotta make the gmae balanced the .50 m95 sucks hard ass...

Comment

Thanks Zagashi! I'm definently going to have to try this out, because while I love th m95 inside of about 200 meters, I was having abysmal accuracy at extreme ranges where I used to be able to regularly headshot with the m24. Gonna have to give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by rcuhljr
                    Thanks Zagashi! I'm definently going to have to try this out, because while I love th m95 inside of about 200 meters, I was having abysmal accuracy at extreme ranges where I used to be able to regularly headshot with the m24. Gonna have to give it a try.
                    It takes some getting used to at first, get a feel for it, but once you get it its just as accurate as the M24, and you get the added bonuses of piercing body armor, and nailling BH whores.

Comment

Originally posted by Zagashi
                      It takes some getting used to at first, get a feel for it, but once you get it its just as accurate as the M24, and you get the added bonuses of piercing body armor, and nailling BH whores.
                      Yeah I can't stop laughing everytime I fire off one sniper round and 3 deaths appear on my screen. M95>choppers.

Comment

M95>Choppers, Humvees, Buggys, Planes, Tank Gunners, ..........

Comment

guess i was wrong!

Comment

I've heard the M95 is -slightly- less accurate than the m24... the deviation of the bullet pattern is slighly greater with the m95... I could be wrong tho..

great vid.. thanks for the tip/

Comment

If the bullet drop thing is the case, EA didn't learn their physics very well.

Weight has no control over the falling distance of an object. Since the m95 has a much higher muzzle velocity, it should have less travel time, thus less time to drop. Ah well, either way its all whacked, so I've given up.

Comment

Working...
                              X