Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Love or Hate Commander "Spotted" Messages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Love or Hate Commander "Spotted" Messages?

I try to limit the "spotted"s to armor, helos, or the lead infantry of an inbound hostile group. Once again, a great reason to use VOIP/TS so the commander can blat out more specific information to each squad without hectoring the other teammates. But hardly anyone joins a squad anyway, so what's the point?

Comment

Originally posted by Swanston
      I'm only disapointed that the USMC's commander is big and tough, but if you become commander as MEC or PLA, you don't get a tough voice.
      ACTUALLY... In their culture, the voices used are actually considered a tough-guy voice. Different cultures have different ways of emphasizing words or parts of sentences to imply the emotion related to the message. For example, in Germany, the language sounds harsh and aggressive sometimes, but in reality, the person speaking it could be complimenting you. At the same time, in French(personally can't stand 'em for several reasons, but that's another topic entirely) someone could cuss you out for all you're worth and be extremely confrontational about it, and it sounds like they're trying to seduce you.

Yeah, the USMC commander's voice sounds bad-a$$, but in their own way so do the others.

I just thought I'd throw that in there for GP, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by MaBell37
        ACTUALLY... In their culture, the voices used are actually considered a tough-guy voice. Different cultures have different ways of emphasizing words or parts of sentences to imply the emotion related to the message.
        The "spotted" alerts would be a lot easier to take if they were done by Kathleen Turner or Angelena Jolie or someone like that. Any room in the EA budget?

Comment

Female commander voice... I could handle that. They'd need to give the commander a sexy "power suit" skin or something to go with it.

The female voice for the UAV is quite tolerable. Having that almost artificial female computer voice would be alright.

Comment

Working...
          X