Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time as Commander last night, and...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First time as Commander last night, and...

The other problem is if people feel that the commander is not able to do anything I hate commanders who fly, they should be lieing down in a bush near the main base not flying around in a single seater plane.

Comment

Originally posted by Teaves

To top it all off, mostly if you actually ask anyone that tried to mutiny you out, then they are not interested in doing the job themselves, although in your example that might not have been the case.
      Exactly.30 tickets from a loss at the end of a round tonight and I had a kick vote against me.Started by a guy who requested a UAV which I duly gave.He died and started the vote.I asked him why and got no answer.I then told the 5 to "be my guest" on the next round.10 minutes in no takers.Took the commander job again and despite laying down UAV,dropping arties scan and spotting anyone close to a team member and supplying everyone I could they still weren't doing any good.....needless to say I left the server mid-game damn the points I refuse to command retards.I have no problem with "noobs" but when your team is mostly lance corporals or PFC's there is no excuse.Beef over time to find a better server

Comment

Originally posted by bensonrecon
        Exactly.30 tickets from a loss at the end of a round tonight and I had a kick vote against me.Started by a guy who requested a UAV which I duly gave.He died and started the vote.I asked him why and got no answer.I then told the 5 to "be my guest" on the next round.10 minutes in no takers.Took the commander job again and despite laying down UAV,dropping arties scan and spotting anyone close to a team member and supplying everyone I could they still weren't doing any good.....needless to say I left the server mid-game damn the points I refuse to command retards.I have no problem with "noobs" but when your team is mostly lance corporals or PFC's there is no excuse.Beef over time to find a better server
        I fully agree with this, your the commander, not superman. You can do everything in your power to help out and construct an attack plan. but honestly without people using your UAV's and supply crates and advice what more can you do? Then when they lose all aggression is aimed at you... the possibility that THEY sux isn't even considered.

The kicking vote I laugh at is the one that starts seconds into the game. If the guy asked if he could have a turn at playing commander I'll probably consider it, but to try and force me out as soon as we start playing is just going to provoke resistance.

Comment

also to get the nessesary amount of votes to be kicked u ususaly need to have done something to deserve it before it actualy passes .. especialy in the 64 player servers.

Comment

Originally posted by Habloc
            Yeah, this is kinda stupid. I finally got good at being a commander, and then people start to kick ya for it...
            Ignore them and just play to win for your side.

It can seem that every round is full of mutiny votes from your team. Ignore them and continue on, as the kick votes are rarely successful.

Comment

well urs wasnt as bad as my firest time as commander..at least u knew what u were doing...i didnt kno how to get to the commander screen and ppl kept yelling at me over voip

Comment

Out of interest has anyone EVER seen a kick or mutiny vote suceed on a full, default server? On 64 player servers at least, it needs 48 votes for either type (LOL ) Even the most disruptive player/bad commander isnt going to get that many people to pay attention

Funniest for me as a commander was when this guy (in a one man, locked squad no less) kept calling for supplies as a sniper, but obviously there were a million more useful places for it so i denied them AND explained so on VOIP, when he finally got killed he lost control and screams some insult or another at me via VOIP which politly translated was "thanks for the lack of help, you are not my favourite commander" (swear filter would have melted and caught fire if i had used the actual text )

What was most amusing was that every glass in my house broke, i have never heard such a high pitched voice in my life, male or female. I can only assume he or she had a heart attack seconds after the event :rofl:

I will always give up the commander position if asked (nicely!!) as long as they have VOIP working as thats what usually lets the team down, who can type orders quick enough when people dont follow there waypoints, but worst of anything is when everyone accepts orders, no-one actually follows them and just go and do there own thing. You can see everyone from above like god and i match appropriate squads to locations, but that "lemming instinct" so often makes them ALL attack the most heavily defended point on the map and then blame you when it all goes wrong

Comment

Being Commander is a waste of time.

Your team always loses the main base, thereafter having you lose your UAV, Radar and Art capabilities, as the rest of your team screams and calls kick votes against you because you're 'not doing anything'.

Listen up, people. Dropping boxes to repair assets is not always the solution. Every time I'm commander, I've got some enemy spec op using them to resupply and blow them up again anyway.

Don't ever lose the base with commander assets, or you simply won't have any intel at all.

Comment

yeah ur right...how does hte server mutiny vote come up with 48?! can the mec team vote?

Comment

Working...
                    X