I hate armor!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate armor!!!

I hope a mod comes out thats more like ghostrecon HUGE FAN STILL PLAY TO THIS DAY... Im ok with jeeps and buggies but i hate armor, people need to stop raping with it and dice should have make the berren on the tank a object, so it cant go threw walls and stuff.

*on another note choppers are fine buti wish dice rendered the rotors so people cant go into tight areas where rotors would hit the wall.

Re: I hate armor!!!

Armor's been there since the beginning. There's nothing nasty you can say about it that will make it get up and go away.

Comment

Ummm did you forget what game your playing???? Armor is made to wipe out infantry and take out other armor so what are you complaining about?

If your running around in your little flak jacket what do you expect when you face a tank or APC with MUCH bigger guns?

I really don't understand you people, why are you playing battlefield when you don't like vehicles?????

Comment

I have nothing against armor, its just hard to destory but u adapt to fit in with the situation like i play Spec Ops all the time and i take out armour and APCs all the time its not that hard u have to time it right and make sure they dont see u, like u can crawl under the APC and plant some C4 and then thats anouther piece of armour that is down. i think its how u play your class.

Comment

Ok now im starting not to really hate the armor but the way some people use it. like the guys who camp out where they are safe from everything but planes and attack the mainbase. Ok got another "flame" why cant i be a antitank and not have a mp5. Thats the thing that kept me away from all other BF games, you cant pick anyweapon for the field you pick. Like in ghostrecon with mods you got millions of weapons for eachcllass, so no one man has the same gun combo. Cant wait to make a mod with lik 20 dif guns, so far i got like 6 guns ready for programming. Ok i seem to be babbeling on, but i feel better so i will do this more often.

Comment

I think armor is OK and realistic. It´s not easy to go against it as infantry.
            I much more hate playing maps like cleansweep as infantry or in a tank when you have no planes or air defense on your side and are always killed by planes of by cobras any can´t do anything against it. I hate these one shot kills from a helicopter or plane when you´re in a tank. I think the helis should take more damage from machine guns on tanks or Jeeps and from anti tank missiles.
            It might be realistic as it is now but I think the planes and helis have no real enemy from the ground now. The stinger´s damage is ok but the missiles don´t hit most times because of the flares and the stinger takes ages to reload. So it´s quite hard to kill a healthy plane or heli if it´s not run out of flares or stuck at one place ;-)
            In a APC, Jeep or Tank you lose the fight most times against air threats...

Originally posted by razor
            Ok now im starting not to really hate the armor but the way some people use it. like the guys who camp out where they are safe from everything but planes and attack the mainbase. Ok got another "flame" why cant i be a antitank and not have a mp5. Thats the thing that kept me away from all other BF games, you cant pick anyweapon for the field you pick. Like in ghostrecon with mods you got millions of weapons for eachcllass, so no one man has the same gun combo. Cant wait to make a mod with lik 20 dif guns, so far i got like 6 guns ready for programming. Ok i seem to be babbeling on, but i feel better so i will do this more often.
            I know what you mean but if it´d be like this it would totally ruin the game balance.
            Everyone would be equipped with full body armor, the best MG, a sniper rifle, AT-Missiles, AA-Missiles lots of ammo and medi packs and a wrench to repair your damaged tank on the backpack. No more use to classes anymore. Best thing would be to be able to reanimate yourself with defibrillators somehow ;-)

Comment

It's the thing i love about BF2, when you see a tank and you are on foot you are actually quite cautious and have to avoid it .. gives something to be 'scared' of in game rather than something that will fire at you and take a few shots to kill you ... boom your dead if he see's you.

BF is about multi-combat that was the draw (and still is for me), if you want foot combat then mabbe joint ops/ghostrecon/counterstrike or what ever is for you still.

Comment

I hate it too, you just can't do anything against it... EA/DICE should change the respawn time of the vehicles to like 3 minutes...

Comment

Originally posted by freefall
                  I know what you mean but if it´d be like this it would totally ruin the game balance.
                  Everyone would be equipped with full body armor, the best MG, a sniper rifle, AT-Missiles, AA-Missiles lots of ammo and medi packs and a wrench to repair your damaged tank on the backpack. No more use to classes anymore. Best thing would be to be able to reanimate yourself with defibrillators somehow ;-)
                  It will also kill the whole team aspect of the game. More ppl would play lonewolf.

Comment

i really dont mind tanks. Most players who use armour are pretty nieve thinking there untouchable in them and make silly mistakes that allow spec ops (me) to get to close.

And if they are good in tanks they get victimised and labeled a wh0re. Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by bf2.sOlo
                      I hate it too, you just can't do anything against it... EA/DICE should change the respawn time of the vehicles to like 3 minutes...
                      What do u mean u cant do anything against armour? If ur a stupid lone wolf soldier then of course u dont have a chance, but any decent squad should have an AT/Spec op ready to take out armour.
                      Also I often play as engee and Im pretty good in armour, but many a time I have come across a well organised team of AT guys who use cover and keep on the move and I get completly raped in seconds by incoming rockets.
                      The thing is with tanks, is the limited view if you want to shoot; so if I have many enemies surrounding me in eg Karkand, then I cant see where Im getting shot from or if a spec op is coming behind me.

Comment

If you don't like the tanks killing you, stop crying; grab an AT kit, an Engineer kit, a Spec-Ops kit, another tank, an APC, a mobile AA, an attack chopper, a fighter, or a bomber; and take care of business. Are these not enough options for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Inco
                          i really dont mind tanks. Most players who use armour are pretty nieve thinking there untouchable in them and make silly mistakes that allow spec ops (me) to get to close.

And if they are good in tanks they get victimised and labeled a wh0re. Go figure.
                          I've experienced this, I was driving the M1A2 the other day on Karkand and attempting to give me team mates covering fire as they entered the city. I was advancing with them in an attempt for them to cover my flanks and stop c4 and rocket attacks on my flanks and rear. My commander was also giving good UAV coverage so I could see anyone attempting to sneak up on me. I was using a mixture of the main gun and co-axial machine gun to deal with hidden threats that the UAV revealed. Unfortunatley the assault was going badly and we moved very slowly. I was accused on camping, being an armour whore and a cheater. But I wasn't about to go storming down Karkand high street to be met by a hailstorm of rockets, mines, C4 and whatever else can be thrown at me. So playing to a vehicles strengths is frowned upon it appears.

Comment

Originally posted by ODB
                            I've experienced this, I was driving the M1A2 the other day on Karkand and attempting to give me team mates covering fire as they entered the city. I was advancing with them in an attempt for them to cover my flanks and stop c4 and rocket attacks on my flanks and rear. My commander was also giving good UAV coverage so I could see anyone attempting to sneak up on me. I was using a mixture of the main gun and co-axial machine gun to deal with hidden threats that the UAV revealed. Unfortunatley the assault was going badly and we moved very slowly. I was accused on camping, being an armour whore and a cheater. But I wasn't about to go storming down Karkand high street to be met by a hailstorm of rockets, mines, C4 and whatever else can be thrown at me. So playing to a vehicles strengths is frowned upon it appears.
                            Yup. I have the same problem. It seems you MUST die within a minute or so in order to NOT get thrown "armour whore, camper etc" at your face. I don't understand...if the guy driving the armour is providing covering fire for your team to assault, taking out enemy armour threats etc it's labeled as whoring? The gaming community really boggles my mind sometimes.

I also don't see why a lot of people think of an APC the same as a tank. Why must people charge a tank with an APC? It dies with 2 tank shots.

Comment

Originally posted by ODB
                              AMEN! This is exactly how I play. You wouldn't see a tank go charging up an alley that's known to be full of AT rockets, mines, and C4 in real life... so why should it be any different in the game? A tank is best-used as a stand-off support weapon while the infantry captures a flag. If you break through the lines in a tank you'll just become surrounded by C4, AT rockets, and mines. This is highly foolish and anti-teamplay. I say it's those rushers that make the game worse -- not the ones that actually employ strategy and do what's best for the team.

Comment

Working...
                              X