X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 Things I Hate About BF2

1. no binoculars for the troops.

2. no account auto-login.

3. when u change mouse sensitivity it also affect sensitivity while looking through the ironsight, making it impossible to set a higher value.

4. objects disappearing before the terrain and terrain forming while u have it in your sight - HIGHLY UNREALISTIC & ANNOYING!

5. when u see a vehicle/unit, u can see it but using Spotted reports "Enemy units on the move"

6. snipers cant hit anything.

7. highly unresponsive game menu.

8. vehicles slide all over the place.

9. only one gameplay mode, wtf? what about (team) deathmatch, CTF? even in real armies they play CTF, capture the hill etc.

10. i could seriously kill somebody on EA/DICE for not having an official BF2 board. grrr! are they afraid of their own fans and their honest opinions?
    Lucasarts also have buggy games but they at least have official boards for their games.

you're welcomed to continue the list, but dont include hardware/crashing problems.

Re: 10 Things I Hate About BF2

only thing i dislike about the game is there needs to be more multiplayer game modes

Comment

Probably none of those things bother me.

Comment

I hate how the 3d map icons for players don't show up when they are at the edge or your screen. Sometimes I'll think they are an enemy until I turn around and get them closer to the center of the screen and their friendly blue 3d map icon finally shows up.

Grrr...

Comment

If you sight an enemy directly with your aiming cursor and his name becomes visible, it will identify the specific type of troop/vehicle you are spotting. You can also press Q and right click for a submenu of spotted designations. (but you prob know this, so Ill be captain obvious here. lol.)

It is easy to hit with the m24, but the other rifles could use some improvement.

I agree, I would love to play CTF, capture the hill, or advance and secure. Being confined to one gameplay mode is rather weak.

There is an official EA board in the UK, but it's frequently "down for maintenance" though.

I hate not being able to lean.

Comment

I mostly hate other players

Comment

Originally posted by reptile[SLO]
              1. no binoculars for the troops.
              Would be cool, but i wouldnt use them probably.

2. no account auto-login.

Whats wrong with clicking once? They might be adding this feature too, don't know

3. when u change mouse sensitivity it also affect sensitivity while looking
              through the ironsight, making it impossible to set a higher value.

Mine is fine.

4. objects disappearing before the terrain and terrain forming while u have it in your sight - HIGHLY UNREALISTIC & ANNOYING!

Yes, i aggree, i hate it when you see a tank coming and an error in the graphics make it appear invisible.

5. when u see a vehicle/unit, u can see it but using Spotted reports "Enemy units on the move"

You missed the target, if you spot it correctly, it reports it correctly, and what it is / car / apc / armour and so on.

6. snipers cant hit anything.

Your a bad sniper, ive been sniped one shot kill loads of times, and seen many awsome snipers.

7. highly unresponsive game menu.

Can be at times, but most of the time i dont use it, i uses a 3rd party server finder, click the server, login and it auto joins.

8. vehicles slide all over the place.

They have wheels, what do u expect? Ofcourse there gonna roll down terrain which is slightly elevated.

9. only one gameplay mode, wtf? what about (team) deathmatch, CTF? even in real armies they play CTF, capture the hill etc.

Agree.

10. i could seriously kill somebody on EA/DICE for not having an official BF2 board. grrr! are they afraid of their own fans and their honest opinions?
              Lucasarts also have buggy games but they at least have official boards for their games.

The should have one yes.

you're welcomed to continue the list, but dont include hardware/crashing problems.
              A few additions though:

Crash to desktop is the worst. and every time i join, i have to join twice, one so it can lose connection to the server, just before joiing, then another so i can actaully join!

Comment

11. Hitbox, running behind a wall and still get hit ... I have it all the time !

Comment

I agree with number 9. Since EA delayed the 1.3 patch maybe their trying to get CTF or deathmatch into this game. Hell even a free for all would be great. Frag your clanmates.

Comment

I hate the crashes, but it's not really frequent on my side, so it's ok. I agree about the lack of other MP modes, and also on the crappy menu. But what I hate the most is definitly the TK system, that can ruin your whole game in some seconds. Also, I don't like it when friendly units appear red on my screen, or when I appear red on theirs; it's not really good for your points...since it usually translates by a large number of *punished* TKs.

Comment

@ Deathgiver: maybe they're all busy working on the addon. more $$ is far better than support for the already cashed-in game.

@ default: mouse sensitivity, im talking about 4x, not like 2x. the most that is acceptable is 2x, yes. at 3/4+ its uncontrolable while looking through the ironsight.
                      i need more sensitivity, honestly, i love being quick.
                      about vehicles sliding, they do it in all directions, depending on the slope, but even if the slopes are minimal. i've seen people talk about it on this forum, some guy even saw it sliding down and back up.

also i forgot, what is the reason for us to keep the DVD in the drive? copy protection? isn't the CDkey enough?

Comment

The only thing I seriously hate is the entire TKing system. I've been banned two times now, the second I enter a server for "excessive TKing". I have no idea what the hell is going on, but this needs fixing. I need to actually fire a shot first before being accused of TKing.
                        Another bad one; is showing up as red for your team. This one is another serious bug.
                        Last: The TKing system is borked. If my tank or vehical gets blown up by an enemy, and someone from my team just happends to drive right up next to me, I shouldn't be getting team damage. When a jeep (on my team) comes flying around a corner and runs into my tank, I shouldn't get team damage. After all, I have no way to avoid them.
                        I like the fact that they have the TK system, because its a good idea, but it needs to be fair.

Comment

Biggest problems:

» Logging in takes 2-5 minutes.
                          » Clicking "Connect to IP" causes a freeze for a couple of minutes.
                          » Damage system, i mean, wtf, getting touched by something and dieing
                          » Lag causing my sniper to lead sucky, hard to hit moving targets. It was excellent in BF42.
                          » M16A2, it SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by MindBlowing
                            11. Hitbox, running behind a wall and still get hit ... I have it all the time !
                            They've implemented realistic barriers. If someone is using a high powered weapon, they can still hit you through some walls or even the corners of walls.

Comment

Ah, one more:

LAG. When you see an enemy, and take cover, he still have 1-2 seconds to kill you by shooting at the place you were before. That was a BIG problem in 42.

Comment

Working...
                              X