Guide to being Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Guide to being Support

My opinion is this - The secret to support is how you play it...

Support is great as an ambush weapon. You need to learn where certain great ambush points are on maps. Ideally its like a good sniper position - with hard cover concealing any field of vision not in view. The only difference being that this position will be much closer to the enemy, in fact maybe even just several feet away - and it faces the enemies backs as they run towards one of your flag points. Its easily possible to mow down whole squads this way, until your found. The secret is to not be greedy by trying to engage long range enemies(especially if they havent seen you anyway), youll just give away your position uneccasarily.

Comment

Originally posted by NoseKi||s
      It's ok if someone doesn't like to play the support class. If someone doesn't like to play with a certain kit, IMO it says more about (i've said this before and will say it again) that persons style of play, not about the kit being useless.

On this thread, the ppl who don't like the support class concentrate on describing how they can take out support guys in 1on1 situations at medium/long range. Well of course they can! And when they do, it's not because the support kit sucks, it's because the guy playing with it was stupid enough to get into that kind of situation.

So u like to play Special forces kit? If you're taking out the enemy commanders assets u need someone to give you more C4 because u can't do much with just 5. How about having a support guyin your squad. Same goes with the n00b cannon and AT.

If the PKM for instance, was any better than it is, i'd be ashamed to use it coz i'd just kick every1s ass

But seriously... There is a reason why there is 7 classes.
      In fact if any of the unlocks (besides the G3 and the Jackhammer) are made better, i newbies (no, not noobs that bunnyhop, just people new to the game) would be pissed because they were owned by 1 shot kill weapons. BUt on the other hand, i think that the Jackhammer should have 10 rounds like in real life, and i think that the G3 needs a GL, there actually is one called the HK79. The trade off for more power is 10 rounds, but as it is right now it's 10 rounds and a GL, or you should be able to be given a choice between GL and grenades becuase some people like grenades better.

Comment

Originally posted by spikeyperson
        My opinion is this - The secret to support is how you play it...

Support is great as an ambush weapon. You need to learn where certain great ambush points are on maps. Ideally its like a good sniper position - with hard cover concealing any field of vision not in view. The only difference being that this position will be much closer to the enemy, in fact maybe even just several feet away - and it faces the enemies backs as they run towards one of your flag points. Its easily possible to mow down whole squads this way, until your found. The secret is to not be greedy by trying to engage long range enemies(especially if they havent seen you anyway), youll just give away your position uneccasarily.
        MY WORDS EXACTLY!

Just didn't want to add it to my previous post coz it was long enough already.

And since u can shoot through thin walls with the support weapons and since they have a large "clip" and they're powerful, they're a very good way to send enemy squads on the run for cover. Just try to flank the enemy and keep spraying to get them disorganized, while the rest of your squad gets into position to finish them off or to capture a flag.

Comment

Originally posted by NoseKi||s
          MY WORDS EXACTLY!

Just didn't want to add it to my previous post coz it was long enough already.

And since u can shoot through thin walls with the support weapons and since they have a large "clip" and they're powerful, they're a very good way to send enemy squads on the run for cover. Just try to flank the enemy and keep spraying to get them disorganized, while the rest of your squad gets into position to finish them off or to capture a flag.
          Um, not walls, but the tin fences, yeah, i think that's what ya meant.

Comment

You guys are underestimating the power of the grenades. During a round, half my kills are grenades, the other half is self-defense PKM pwning.

Comment

5 round bursts? no....

RPK: 3 rounds

PKM: 2 rounds

SAW: 7? 8? 10? I dunno it's hard to count with this things rate of fire lol

edit: Although this game does come with instaprone it helps to go prone BEFORE you engage and wait for the crosshairs to center in which takes about 2 seconds so anticipate where the enemy will be and get ready to shoot them, if you make any movement you'll see that the crosshairs bloom out slightly so move only the mouse around not your WASD keys. This is important because you want your first burst to count so that the successive less accurate bursts finish the kill if you don't do this it will take longer to kill.

Comment

Please post things in the right thread.

Comment

At last a +ve post on Support. Im support most of the time and rake in the points. All the tips above are great but you have to have the mindset of the support guy - 'fools rush in' was never so true. Im still learning this, but if you want to cap a flag you have to go for it right?!

Now, ammo points are a given, just be anywhere near a fight or flag and youre guaranteed points. Learn the beaten tracks on maps. As for assault, youve got to get into stealth mode, head to head will invariably resultin your respawning! To be support you have to be aware of your surroundings and sneaky!! Finding corners, good with frags (watch the TKS though!) and unaware enemies are your fodder!!! Can be very satisfying and great fun as you have so many options for points - offense and defense, Just be careful in combat.

Im looking to unlock the PKM next and hope that my combat will improve as its roughly 1:3 kill death ratio at the mo. Awful and needs improving.

I for one am glad everyone hates support - means more points for me. Be careful out there!!!!

Also, I think support is better than medic IMHO!!!!! As medic you get killed so many times by the temptation to revive, but theres a reason why the guy is dead in the road and you dont see it!!!! Respawn again!!! At least with ammo drops you can place in safe areas and still get the points for your labour. Yes I know the weapons better but not that much! Ive got the L85a1 and its soso. thers something very personaly gratifying about spraying your enemy with the SAW!!! Great fun!!!!

Happy supporting!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CS-Evolution
                    Why does everyone hate on support? I have a good k/d r with it, and I do well with the PKM. Why be a bastard to everyone that likes to play a certain class?
                    Would you agree then that the PKM makes a big difference in combat effectiveness than the SAW? Im looking to unlock it next and want advice. Biggest downfall of the support is the combat side and probably why most hate it. But think of the points!!!!!!

Personally I love support. But be careful out there!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jmaker
                      I want to like support, but the accuracy on the guns is garbage. No lie, I was on Karkand and come around a corner with the PKM and am shooting this guy in the face. He didn't even have a gun out. All my bullets must have magically gone right thru him because he ended up killing me. Never use the support guns while standing. This is the only class I have mixed feelings about. Sometimes I do alright with it, other times I suck with it. Is it mainly for covering fire? Like what would be a good area on Karkand to use it at?
                      So been there my friend - you can SAW a guy in half and he'll still kill you. But you should get a damage assist and as long as youve laid ut some ammo youll get the poiints for that life. 10-30 meters is best for support. Tis a mixed bag but i like it. Enjoyment is the key - think of the points you rake in.

Comment

I only use the SAW when i'm support and the secret to my kiling is ...

.:YOUR CONNECTION TO THE FORUM HAS BEEN LOST:.

Draw the enemy with the gun

Comment

Really good guide! But it should be in the guide section.

Comment

placing is key as support indeed.. experience don't hurt either

there's nothing that compares to a blast of LMG to clear a corridor or narrow street.. once you know how to deal with the kickback this puppy has!

Comment

Working...
                            X