Guide to being Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guide to being Support

If anyone out there thinks Support, the SAW, RPK, the Chinese gun, or the PKM are useless, they are dead wrong. This guide is seperated into a "kills" section, a "resupply" section.
    Kills:
    To become the Ub3r 1337 master pwnz0r of kills, you must be either a vehicle whore, extremely skilled, or support. Support does not require as much skill as thought.
    First things first, aiming. Aiming is obviously the most critical thing in shooting. When firing, always, always go prone. If the target you are shooting at is more than 10m away, be sure you use the iron sights. Otherwise spray. In anything less than 40 or so meters, you can go full auto unless your target has good cover. In any distance further than 40 meters, fire in 5 shot bursts. Be sure to keep the air full of lead. Even though this is a video game, supressing fire actually does work. If the target is more than 120m away, whip out your pistol and fire prone without the sights. Fire slowly, at least 6 of your shots should hit the target. If he doesn't die, you still will get a damage assist. Becoming good at this only takes about 3 games. You have to learn how to go prone immediatly, not bunny hop, and recognize certain distances.
    Grenades: Hand grenades are your best friend. Even more so than the M203, GP-30, or GP-25 AKA the noob cannons. Be aware, hand grenades have a 4 second fuse, so consider any friendlys in the area before chucking them. What makes hand grenades useful is that they can be thrown in anticipation of an enemy, over a wall without much calculation, and quickly. They also have a much wider blast radius. When throwing grenades, always use the left click throw as it is farther and quicker than the right click. Only use the right click if you're throwing over a wall and don't want to throw it very high. You have to become acclamated with the distances, arc, and timing of the grenade. Good grenade throwers, like me, can take out full humvees that are baseraping. I easily clear out our CPs under attack with 3 or 4 grenades. I get about 3 kills, and 3 defends. That's 9 points. Another thing to remember when throwing grenades is to throw them into areas that you're running into. That way, if there happens to be an enemy you're not aware of, they won't rape you in the middle of a cap. Also, throw MULTIPLE grenades. Some people in the radius of a grenade will survive with minor damage. But 3 or 4 grenades behind and in front of him will surely screw him. Be liberal with your grenades. SInce you're support, you can just throw down an ammo bag and run over it.

Resupplies and Team Points:
    Be aware that Support has twice as many ammo bags as Medics do Health bags at a time, so be more liberal with them. Even resupplying one pistol clip will give you a point. But the first thing you have to do is join a GOOD SQUAD. One with a lot of SF, Assault, or AT, since they need more C4, M203 ammo, and rockets the most. They also must engage in lots of action, since you can spawn into resupply points. When you resupply, never hold the bag and resupply them. They will: not keep still, get bored by the amount of time it takes, and get killed. Just throw the bag at them and they'll get resupplied automatically. Resupplying just one grenade by holding takes as much time to throw a bag at someone and resupply everything. If you live for more than 5 minutes, the ground should be littered with YOUR ammo bags. You can also throw ammo bags at Vehicles and they pick them up. This, in association with your massive kill potential, results in many flag caps. Just remember, when capping flags, don't stay in a corner. Crouch and look around corners for enemies, but stay in flag cap range.

Sorry about the lack of paragraphing, too lazy.

If you have questions or comments, post here and I will update.

Re: Guide to being Support

Originally posted by dashizller91
    If anyone out there thinks Support, the SAW, RPK, the Chinese gun, or the PKM are useless, they are dead wrong. This guide is seperated into a "kills" section, a "resupply" section.

Kills:
    To become the Ub3r 1337 master pwnz0r of kills, you must be either a vehicle whore, extremely skilled, or support. Support does not require as much skill as thought.

First things first, aiming. Aiming is obviously the most critical thing in shooting. When firing, always, always go prone. If the target you are shooting at is more than 10m away, be sure you use the iron sights. Otherwise spray. In anything less than 40 or so meters, you can go full auto unless your target has good cover. In any distance further than 40 meters, fire in 5 shot bursts. Be sure to keep the air full of lead. Even though this is a video game, supressing fire actually does work. If the target is more than 120m away, whip out your pistol and fire prone without the sights. Fire slowly, at least 6 of your shots should hit the target. If he doesn't die, you still will get a damage assist. Becoming good at this only takes about 3 games. You have to learn how to go prone immediatly, not bunny hop, and recognize certain distances.

Grenades: Hand grenades are your best friend. Even more so than the M203, GP-30, or GP-25 AKA the noob cannons. Be aware, hand grenades have a 4 second fuse, so consider any friendlys in the area before chucking them. What makes hand grenades useful is that they can be thrown in anticipation of an enemy, over a wall without much calculation, and quickly. They also have a much wider blast radius. When throwing grenades, always use the left click throw as it is farther and quicker than the right click. Only use the right click if you're throwing over a wall and don't want to throw it very high. You have to become acclamated with the distances, arc, and timing of the grenade. Good grenade throwers, like me, can take out full humvees that are baseraping. I easily clear out our CPs under attack with 3 or 4 grenades. I get about 3 kills, and 3 defends. That's 9 points. Another thing to remember when throwing grenades is to throw them into areas that you're running into. That way, if there happens to be an enemy you're not aware of, they won't rape you in the middle of a cap. Also, throw MULTIPLE grenades. Some people in the radius of a grenade will survive with minor damage. But 3 or 4 grenades behind and in front of him will surely screw him. Be liberal with your grenades. SInce you're support, you can just throw down an ammo bag and run over it.

Resupplies and Team Points:
    Be aware that Support has twice as many ammo bags as Medics do Health bags, so be more liberal with them. Even resupplying one pistol clip will give you a point. But the first thing you have to do is join a GOOD SQUAD. One with a lot of SF, Assault, or AT, since they need more C4, M203 ammo, and rockets the most. They also must engage in lots of action, since you can spawn into resupply points. When you resupply, never hold the bag and resupply them. They will: not keep still, get bored by the amount of time it takes, and get killed. Just throw the bag at them and they'll get resupplied automatically. Resupplying just one grenade by holding takes as much time to throw a bag at someone and resupply everything. If you live for more than 5 minutes, the ground should be littered with YOUR ammo bags. You can also throw ammo bags at Vehicles and they pick them up. This, in association with your massive kill potential, results in many flag caps. Just remember, when capping flags, don't stay in a corner. Crouch and look around corners for enemies, but stay in flag cap range.

Sorry about the lack of paragraphing, too lazy.

If you have questions or comments, post here and I will update.
    There...how is that?

Comment

iirc medics and support both have the same amount of health/ammo bags. unlimited. in 4 bag self recharging thingy.

Comment

haha thanks for that. I'm new to the forums and I'm also lazy so... yeah

Comment

Sorry, but when I see a support and his bipods go prone, I take my time killing him with my G36C or L85A1. Your shots are so random that I can kill you before they kill me at anything greater than 10m.

Granted, its almost assured kill when you are close range, even if your target is bunny hopping.

The accuracy bonus you get while prone is not enough to counter the incredible inaccuracy (0.8 while prone), for the M249, RPK-74, Type 95 and the PKM.

If you don't believe me take a look at these charts:

Comment

I forgot to add, during a round just 3 hours ago, I had 39 kills, and 50 teamwork points, and 23 deaths. The sheer volume of rounds in the air compensates well for the inaccuracy. Try shooting again a wall. Once standing, once prone. You'll see that the rounds actually hit the wall where you want to when you're prone, but sometimes completely miss the wall while standing. And teamwork poitns are much easier as support since it's much easier (and safer) to find guys with one reloaded clip and throw a bag at them.

Comment

good stuff i may try it but i think i'll still stick to medic as my main profession

Comment

I agree...the support class can be EXTREMELY fun and rewarding if played with the correct mindset.

It is NOT a run and gun assault class...hence the name ... SUPPORT!!

I don't know why so many people are so down on it...when I play support, I have no problems getting high kills and teamwork points

Comment

I have tried with each support weapon and I find the RPK-74 to be the best, awful standing, but prone is ok, shoot it in bursts and you can get kills from a much further range than the others. The PKM is nearly as good but it doesnt have the same range as the RPK.

Because the M249 and Type 95 fire very fast, the quicker the time it takes for the bullets to spread, I can get them to work but i have to tap fire a few times and that is not doing anyone any favours.

I found a PKM and was firing single shots at someone around 50 meters away and not even one hit. You should be able to get hits on someone when prone and only one shot goes off. If it was the RPK I would have owned that mush. I am not sure why its worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Daz
                    I found a PKM and was firing single shots at someone around 50 meters away and not even one hit. You should be able to get hits on someone when prone and only one shot goes off. If it was the RPK I would have owned that mush. I am not sure why its worse.
                    tis all in your head.

Comment

Good post...thanks.

Comment

thx, for the tips, good work man !

Comment

Yea, nice post.

Too bad that anyone who is even half-aware of his surroundings can sniff out a camping Support guy.

Comment

Originally posted by ||ass||variable
                            Too bad that anyone who is even half-aware of his surroundings can sniff out a camping Support guy.
                            solution: dont camp.

Comment

Originally posted by glasseye
                              solution: dont camp.
                              Good luck with that All other classes can out-run and out-gun Support.

Comment

Working...
                              X