YES or NO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YES or NO

I've asked this a few times, but never got a proper answer. I've recently got a new PC which needs a new case. The case should arrive soon. I also need to buy a new mouse as my old ones f***ed. The specs of the PC are:

Pentium 4 2ghz cpu
    512 MB RAM
    40 gig HDD
    ATI Radeon 9250SE 128MB AGP GFX card

Is it or is it not worth buying BF2? It seems such a cool game and I really want it, but I don't want it if it won't play on my PC. Also if I get it, is it worth buying a headset and joystick?

Re: YES or NO

you will definitely need ram 1st, joystick if u fly, and forget the headset!

i believe your graphic card is on the list, but you will have to play with some settings on low to get some frames!

Comment

I have that same setup but with a 2.4 P4. Plays fine. Graphics look like Vietnam or 42, I know that for another 512RAM and $150 more for a better Graphics Card I can feel like I'm actually there, but I'm saving something for later. Game plays fine, I never have lags, sound is awesome. Definitely worth it. Try buying game on eBay, you might get it for $30.

Comment

No.

Download the demo and se how it runs. There are also other possibilities: Bittorrent, Direct Connect or your favourite p2p-program.

Comment

Originally posted by Sphinx
          I've asked this a few times, but never got a proper answer. I've recently got a new PC which needs a new case. The case should arrive soon. I also need to buy a new mouse as my old ones f***ed. The specs of the PC are:

Pentium 4 2ghz cpu
          512 MB RAM
          40 gig HDD

Is it or is it not worth buying BF2? It seems such a cool game and I really want it, but I don't want it if it won't play on my PC. Also if I get it, is it worth buying a headset and joystick?

i would have to say a strong NO! but like posted before try the demo out to see how it handles on your system but above all do not pay attention to the box specs you need at least!!! 1 gig of ram to run the game smoothly and a good video card hopefully 256mb style.

your cpu is OK
          your ram is not sufficent for this game
          your graphics card is a bit on the weak side you wont be able to run past LOW! on everything

and trust us you really want to run this game on at least medium just to load up clean sweep and see the water that actually looks like water and OMG!@!@! how the jets looks and the awesome blue tint on the cockpit and lets not forget the dust being tossed all over from the roter blades of the hawk

all this you see when ya leave LOW setting

Comment

i have a 3.2ghz P4

512mb ram

ati 9600 256mb

Now on the demo i could play with most settings on medium and some on high but on the game i have to have mostly low with some settings on medium so i would borrow a freinds game and try single player and see if it can run it.

BEFORE ANYONE SAYS YOU CANT BORROW A FREINDS YES YOU CAN CAUSE I LENT MY TO FREIND FOR HIM TO SEE IF IT WOULD RUN ON HIS COMP(with my serial)

Comment

YES! Wait... what was the question again?

Comment

buy the mx518 gaming grade mouse <<< ITS FREAKIN AWESOME!!!!

i just got mine yesterday

Comment

So basicaly, ur saying I can play it, but it would be laggy and crap, except Mykonicon who thinks it would be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by menace-uk-
                    i have a 3.2ghz P4

512mb ram

ati 9600 256mb

Now on the demo i could play with most settings on medium and some on high but on the game i have to have mostly low with some settings on medium so i would borrow a freinds game and try single player and see if it can run it.

BEFORE ANYONE SAYS YOU CANT BORROW A FREINDS YES YOU CAN CAUSE I LENT MY TO FREIND FOR HIM TO SEE IF IT WOULD RUN ON HIS COMP(with my serial)
                    None of my friends have got bf2. they all got xboxes.

Comment

Pentium 4 2ghz cpu
                      512 MB RAM
                      40 gig HDD

You got a NEW PC with THOSE specs??? Australia is down there like, "WTF mate?" I bought a 1.8 back in 2000 and ran it at 2.3. I haven't had less than 512MB of RAM since like... 1998. And a 40GB HDD? Oy vay!

Comment

It's not brand spanking new out of the shops. it's new to my possesion.

Comment

I would say NO...your video card is the weakest link....by now you should have at least Radeon 9800 PRO or Nvidia 6600....

Comment

Originally posted by Praetorian145
                            YES! Wait... what was the question again?
                            lmao......see, this is why i love these forums!!

:laugh:

Comment

You'll be able to play it ...but everything on low. Invest the cash in the ram...don't buy a vid card because you'll be buying a new computer in the next year or so.

So basicaly, ur saying I can play it, but it would be laggy and crap, except Mykonicon who thinks it would be ok.

Comment

Working...
                              X