X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best 9800 pro drivers?

Name em, mine keep f'ing up.

Re: Best 9800 pro drivers?

Yeah Noni, Im having problems with 5.7 and 5.8 are your driver problems similar?

Comment

Whichever work for you. From what I've read, people love and hate different versions. Seems odd they'll work for some and not for others. I use the ones that came on my installation disk and I have no idea what version they are, but they work fine.

Comment

i used 3.4 and theyre great

Comment

yea ive always used the 5.5 driver for me 9800pro and ive never had any problems with it, so the other day i decided to update to the 5.8 catalyst driver and after about 5mins of playing bf2 the graphics went on an acid trip or somet cos i had massive black n white spikes on my screen etc. so i rolled back my driver to 5.5. anyone else had a similar problem?.

Comment

I have a 9800 Pro 128mb and the 5.7 and 5.8 seemed to work... but everytime I look at the scoreboard or enter a vehicle, the whole game freezes up and resets my video card with that VPU recover. I tried turning the VPU recover thing off, but it doesn't fix anything. I get no graphical issues with the drivers, just that.

Comment

5.6 work best for me

Comment

I have the 5.6 omegas the 5.7 didn't work for me and I have not yet tried the 5.8's.

Comment

I get graphic corruption with 5.7's and 5.8's, so i use 5.6 which works great. I would not recommend 5.7 or 5.8, but would 5.6.

Comment

I had just upgraded to the 5.8's (With my 9800XT... close enough to a pro) tonight.

After about two rounds, I started noticing terrain problems. Big towering spikes. Triangular patches of "water" scattered around the place. Helicopter rotors were big black squares. The text on the popup menus for the squad map was just black blobs.

When the round ended, and the scoreboard (well it should have) came up, the game crashed to desktop. The crash also somehow corrupted my account settings on my computer so I had to retrieve account and set all the graphics and sound options again. Not happy.

Back to the 5.6's - I've just played for a couple of hours with no problems.

Comment

Yep I've seen these problems too. Everything works fine with Catalyst 5.6. Spiky graphics problems with 5.7 and 5.8. I already reproted it to ATI, might help if a few others do too.

Comment

i cant load the game with 5.5's, get texture problems with 5.6, 5.7 and 5.8.

But i get least texture problems with 5.6.

Any other drivers?

Comment

What do you mean by any other drivers? Specifically what? I'm using latest Creative Audigy 2 drivers.

Comment

graphic drivers

Comment

I've only recently gone back to the Omega 5.6's from the ATI 5.8's. I found the 5.8's caused more lag through out each round.

Comment

Working...
                              X