Chopper gunners w/ 1600x1200?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chopper gunners w/ 1600x1200?

How many of you, who play as chopper gunner, use 1600x1200 resolution?

I'm just getting tired of people who want to be a gunner, and then miss (as in "don't see", let alone "shot and missed") 50% of the targets.

"What enemies?" is the most common response to "Why you didn't shoot at those 3 enemies below us?!"

Can you, actually, see anything in that resolution? Do you use 29" screen or so?

I position a chopper for gunner, so that he can take vehicle (clearly visible to me - especially since it's shooting at us) with TV missile. And nothing happens. They just don't see it, since (seemingly) everything is small on the screen. Happens quite often now.

Why bother running at that resolution then?

Re: Chopper gunners w/ 1600x1200?

Yes, I have always attempted to get the gunner to take the shots, but it never works.

Comment

I play at 1600x1200 on my 21 inch monitor and I see every enemy on the screen and procede to rip them apart with the MEC choppers beast of a gun.

Comment

Can you actually see more in higher res. While in TV rocket view?
        I find it very hard to view and target with most chopper pilots that are moving around to much and I lose the target before I can fire. Also it’s hard to determine friend or foe while in TV mode; I often have to look at them in normal view to make sure I don’t TK.

Comment

i usually dont bother with gunners since i rather know that i dont have anyone in that position to shoot and miss and me get blown out of the sky trying to steady my flying for some retard to shoot a non moving target...dont even get me started on the TV missle and the type of people that use it.

Comment

Originally posted by =[AOD]=Ken
            Can you actually see more in higher res. While in TV rocket view?
            I find it very hard to view and target with most chopper pilots that are moving around to much and I lose the target before I can fire. Also it’s hard to determine friend or foe while in TV mode; I often have to look at them in normal view to make sure I don’t TK.
            well - this is silly . . .
            friendly have big X on them
            enemy do not
            so, actually the TV mode is the BEST way to determine friend or foe
            but you should fly around in gun mode until you see a target, then switch to tv

Comment

Originally posted by [SAJ]Sentinel

Lol dude, your guys dont get smaller on that resolution in FPS, they get sharper and they are better to see. This is not an RTS game where if resolution is high then all is small.

Comment

Originally posted by Soda
                Lol dude, your guys dont get smaller on that resolution in FPS, they get sharper and they are better to see. This is not an RTS game where if resolution is high then all is small.
                Anytime you increase the resolution, images get sharper, finer, thus SMALLER to a certain extent. If you play 16x12 then 1024x768, you'll see a noticable difference in the size of everything on screen. In order to make images appear sharper, they have to have more pixels, thus making the image finer and smaller. Note that it's not becomming microscopic, but the sizes DO NOT remain the same. Think of it as a "Zoom".

The higher resolution, the further away the zoom is, the lower the resolution the more "Zoomed In" the picture appears.

Comment

Dude I play this game on lowest things possible, and my brother plays it all on high since he has a better comp than me, and when I come to see him play it's so much better to see all the units. For me they all look smudged like the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by [SAJ]Sentinel

I'm just getting tired of people who want to be a gunner, and then miss (as in "don't see", let alone "shot and missed") 50% of the targets.

"What enemies?" is the most common response to "Why you didn't shoot at those 3 enemies below us?!"

Can you, actually, see anything in that resolution? Do you use 29" screen or so?

I position a chopper for gunner, so that he can take vehicle (clearly visible to me - especially since it's shooting at us) with TV missile. And nothing happens. They just don't see it, since (seemingly) everything is small on the screen. Happens quite often now.

Why bother running at that resolution then?

Wow crap post of the year award!
                    You say you are getting tired of people who cant see 50% of the targets..... LOL!
                    Maybe you should like....create your own Nerd Server, for people who like only see 100% of the people, then you being the admin can kick/ban them forever when they miss someone that you saw run into a building and have screamed through VoIP that they were running "that way over there" without actually being able to point at anything because you are the one facing forward then when you fly directly over them you can tell your gunners to like look under the chopper and shoot them there :/
                    Everyone seems to be an expert these days.

Comment

Greetings

In the cobra and its counterpart when you are the pilot you will notice a rectangular box lower middle of your hud.

In the box thee are words like gunners view or such like, what this means is this rectangular box is where the view/missile screen is for the gunner.

So when you pilot if you put that box on the target then there is no chance that the gunner cant see it and if he dont then he's blind kick him out.

Another tip is this....

Dont fly to suit the gunner it will get u killed very quickly, fly for yourself meaning kill with the rockets and what the gunner picks up along the way is bonus.

If you see an antitank or a manned aa gun near by dont rely on the gunner to have seen him get the hell out quick.

Oh and a good gunner is a rare thing so praise him keep him safe and warm because when it comes to attack chopper v's attack chopper the gunner makes all the difference.

Also there should be a catagory in the stats for the gunners in a heli dont you think?

Comment

I play at 1240*1024 and as a gunner I see everything moving, even when choppering and a gunner is in the position I see tons of enemy's with he doesn't see

Comment

I have been playing on a 19inch LCD at 1280x1024 and recently upgraded to a 24inch widescreen lcd at 1920x1200. I can see much more and the game looks much better, because bigger is better right?

Comment

Originally posted by xxThe_Dice_manxx
                            Greetings

Dont fly to suit the gunner it will get u killed very quickly, fly for yourself meaning kill with the rockets and what the gunner picks up along the way is bonus.

If you see an antitank or a manned aa gun near by dont rely on the gunner to have seen him get the hell out quick.
                            I quess this is the very selfish way of thinking that most of pilots use, unfortunatelly. I personally consider myself as a good pilot but I always try to cooperate with gunner as well, I just don't think I am the GOD and anyone else is NOOB. Shame on you xxThe_Dice_manxx and all nerd pilots who knows crap about teamplay and everythink they are interested with is their own score.

Comment

It's due to constantly scanning for threats to the chopper really, I gun for a mate who is extremely good pilot and sometimes he has to still point out targets as I am looking at something else. Remember at the bottom of the HUD when you are flying you can see the nose gun position if he is looking left he is not going to see those guys that are plain as day to you is he?

Teamspeak/Ventrillo or even VOIP is the best thing for this, all the pilot needs to do is say "straight ahead 2 behind wall here" and then the gunner knows to switch his view back. Countless times have I pointed out where the enemy chopper hunting us is coming in from by scanning left and right to be ready for an attack and saved us, allowing us to fly that bit longer instead of getting one kill more and dying to another helo we were safe and got 10 more kills.

Pretty simple answer really.

Comment

Working...
                              X