Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: To all server admins...

Originally posted by Scoobing
    Hmm perhaps I should ask EA... oh wait I just thought of what it might be.

It would be easier to get the ribbons/badges that require you to get a certain number of kills via a certain method in a round...damn... that'll be it I guess.
    And God forbid they design an attainable, scalable effort/achievement/payoff model.

Does anyone at DICE actually practice good game design?

Comment

Well the game is good, just a stat model is a little trickier to get right it seems. These in-game stat systems are just in their infancy, and I'll bet we'll be seeing alot more of them in future online games.

Practice makes perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by ||ass||variable
        32 players on a 64 player map is bad, boring and boneheaded.

32 players on a 32 person map is nominal, natural and nice.

50 players on a 32 person map is frantic, fun, and full-of-action.

This message brought to you by alliteration.
        :hmm: That was me again wasn't it? LOL

I like Karkand 64 map size on a 32 player as we get more tickets and the rounds last longer. Any other map and it is boring.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobing
          Well the game is good, just a stat model is a little trickier to get right it seems. These in-game stat systems are just in their infancy, and I'll bet we'll be seeing alot more of them in future online games.

Practice makes perfect.
          I'd posit that the reward system is very much part of the game, and as such, it needs a ton of work. Plus, let us not forget all of the other game balance issues.

I'll call the game decent, but not good. And DICE still needs serious designers. At this point they're just vomiting out the same game over and over, just using newer weapons and vehicles.

Comment

IMHO, it'd be better if the ticket count were set according to the number of slots instead of the map size. People could abuse the ranking system right now by doing 16 players on a 64 player map. It'd be boring as hell, but the maps would last an insanely long time. Be good for those badges that require X teampoints in a round since you'd just drive from point to point capping flags.

64 players on 16 player maps is intense, but as soon as you get in a groove the map ends. Quite frustrating. Hell, even 64 players on a 64player map goes too fast for me sometimes.

Comment

Working...
            X