new cats ruined my video card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: new cats ruined my video card

Best Catalysts drivers YET hands down. I have an X800XT my wifes machine has my old 9800Pro neither machines have ANY issues with BF2 and in fact the game looks better on the 5.8s and the CCC is the fastest least resource consuming version yet

Comment

I insltalled the 5.8's on my other computer which has a X850 XT and they seem fine to me.

Comment

yeah ive had the same issue with the 5.8s ive got a 9800 128mb, the problem only startes to accure about an hour or so into the game, then all hells breaks lose! textures go crazy, geometry vanishes and then the game crashes. and that is after a completely clean install doing it by the book!
        ive rolled back to the 5.6 omega drivers and its running very smoothly with most setting up quite high.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcipello
          yeah ive had the same issue with the 5.8s ive got a 9800 128mb, the problem only startes to accure about an hour or so into the game, then all hells breaks lose! textures go crazy, geometry vanishes and then the game crashes. and that is after a completely clean install doing it by the book!
          ive rolled back to the 5.6 omega drivers and its running very smoothly with most setting up quite high.
          To me that sounds more like a heat issue then drivers(tho your symptoms were the ones that the 5.8s were supposed to fix on X800XT's, which I have and didnt have issues with, tho a mate with an X850XT had the same as you)
          Now my missus has a 9800Pro flashed to XT and she hasnt had any issues with any of the drivers so far and I run her settings on Medium 2xAA@1024x768,also she has a 1.5 gig of Ram

Comment

Originally posted by MeatPie
            I thought your new pet cats attacked your vid card from the topic.
            haha same here i was expecting a horror story of a nice static cat brushing against the card

which mine trys to do every single time i open me pc case.

Comment

anyone got a 9600xt???? runnin 5.7 with rage drvrs right now and its prime....should i try 5.8?

Comment

I have a 9800 pro ( overclocked ), the new 5.8 drivers work fine.

Comment

Darn pets rofl

Once you have had omega, there is no turning back.

Still waiting for the omega 5.8.

Comment

Originally posted by PBAsydney
                    Darn pets rofl

Once you have had omega, there is no turning back.

Still waiting for the omega 5.8.

That is unless Omegas caused your system to freeze, lockup, and crash like they did mine, lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X