Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: bombing vidio, how to bomb w\o missing

Question for the experienced pilots.

I would like be better at flying jets, but dont have a joystick, should I even bother practicing with keyboard/mouse? Trying to turn sharply with the mouse really sucks.

Anyone else out there not use a joystick for flying jets?

Comment

If your having stress using your mouse have you tried using the keyboard arrows? I use the keyboard alone to fly.

Comment

heyhey hey did u forget about the marvellous "A-10" tactic? For your knowledge u have a powerfull 30mm cannon beside/in front of you so that takes out a tank with even five hits on the hull so hell with bombs and go tank bustin!

Comment

Originally posted by Spunge
          If your having stress using your mouse have you tried using the keyboard arrows? I use the keyboard alone to fly.

Im almost clueless when it comes to flying planes, but the way I turn is to roll the plane to right and pull up to make a right turn, and likewise for left.

I always found that I couldnt turn as sharp by using arrows. Maybe I am missing something, becuase I see pilots that have a hell of a lot more manuverability than I can muster using this method.

Comment

When I want to turn hard i bank to the side and pull back AND use A or D to make the turn even tighter.

Comment

Originally posted by LucaBrasi
              Question for the experienced pilots.

I would like be better at flying jets, but dont have a joystick, should I even bother practicing with keyboard/mouse? Trying to turn sharply with the mouse really sucks.

Anyone else out there not use a joystick for flying jets?
              Most of the early flying I did in BF2 was used by Keyboard and Mouse. If you practice flying and bombing, the Keyboard and Mouse will be more than enough for you to bomb targets accurately and dogfight deadly. Many times my enemies were surprised I wasn't using a joystick when I was flying

You don't need a joystick to fly well, frankly, I rather use that than the joystick. I just started flying with my joystick and so far I suck with it, I feel more of an average pilot depending on luck to kill! So many times do I have the temptation to switch to the joystick.

Comment

You wont miss if you fly straight to the target and in the las moment pick the nose up.

Comment

For bombing, fly high (above 200 altitude) so you can get a good dive. When you dive towards your target its all about judging the angle in your minds eye. There is no definate tactic to hitting everytime like some people think. It's like throwing a ball, you have to judge in your head where the ball with hit/land.

Comment

i just plain dont know what do do to make the bombs lock on. sum1 tell me i just got bf2

Comment

Originally posted by eddyeddyd
                      i just plain dont know what do do to make the bombs lock on. sum1 tell me i just got bf2
                      Bombs don't lock on (I think), but on some jets, the secondary seat has a missle, which does lock on.

Comment

Wanted to watch it, but it seems like the video file is gone

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
                          Ok...I was always under the impression that you were supposed to release the bombs when the tartget box, the vertical line, and the dashed line across the bottom all intersect???

According to this video, you release the bombs when the target box and the vertical line intersect...is that right?

I can rarely get a bomb kill in a fighter (I have never flown a bomber) but I've done it by intersecting all 3 which is very hard!
                          This thread is full of nuance and short on fundamentals. I had come to the same conclusion as Talus through trial and error that you line up the vertical line, the horizonal arc, and the target box. But that doesn't always work.

Is the targeting HUD useful for more than just a rough guesstimate? If so, How?

BTW- the link to the video is broken.

Thanks,

dG

Comment

Dig further my friend. 5 threads down theres a video of how to use the HUD properly.

Comment

Working...
                            X