X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I miss the boxes....

My pointless review of BF2

First impressions:

After spending approiximatly eight hours installing, I finally got to play the game. After zipping through registration, I was ready to play:

"Welcome to duty"

AHAHahahaaaa, duty. The new menu and setup was difficult to adjust to, because, most of BF2 is different from both BF42 and BFV, both of which I own.

Singleplayer:

I decided to play some singleplayer to get used to it, so I went with Operation Clean Sweep as my first choice (it's a cool name). After a five minute deliberation regarding which class to go with, I picked medic and hopped into a chopper, ready to raise small amounts of hell. All the while, as soon as I came near any object (such as a woman), this insinuating voice would take me though the steps of what purpose the particular object served, in a voice so condescending it would insult a three-year-old. All in all, I was disappointed about how you could only have 16 players in single player, but in the end, I had my face rocked off, because EA managed to make a game that has the multiplayer capabilities of Counter-Strike, with the graphics and gameplay of Rainbow Six 3.

Multiplayer:

After owning all sorts of computer-generated ass, I decided to take my first baby steps as a player in the online BF2 world. I was left in awe of how many servers were up, especially since the game had only been out for about a month or so, and the bugs and lack of maps present in it could shame a pre-release of any other game. I picked a decent-looking server, and, even before the map was loaded, I was killed by the opposing team's commander (who, I later found out, was approximately 10X9e15 times better than me, which also happens to be the speed of light squared). I was forced onto the MEC team, and began shooting at stuff. To be honest, I missed the ammo boxes and heal stations, as I hate relying on some jerk, who managed to get a position of some responsibility, to keep you alive and/or not out of rounds.

At the end of the day, I ended up with an overheated CPU, carpal-tunnel, and a kickass game. Hats off to EA!

Re: I miss the boxes....

word. :rock:

Comment

I don't think there's really a lack of maps.

Comment

Originally posted by Sploitz
        If there isn't why is nearly every modder making new ones?

What about night maps?

What about infrantry only maps?

What about sea maps (small islands have flags)?

If you look just on this site's mod section you'll see alot of development. The maps that were provided during release are ok, some I don't particullarly like to play on a particular side, but others are fun as hell.

I think the game will be much better once the v1.03 patch is released - it'll fix alot of bugs.

Too bad they don't release a new map each patch.

Comment

What island maps? I don't see any islands around....

Comment

I think you are whining too much.. you and so many others are only looking for issues other then a good time. And I think there are a lot of maps also seeing they can be scaled 3 differnat ways making for differant play for all of them. Any I think your first lined sumed up your review, pointless.

Comment

well did you like Singleplayer

Comment

Originally posted by Harmor
                because modders always make new maps. its what modders do. if they werent doing it, they wouldnt be called modders.

Originally posted by Hollister360
                well did you like Singleplayer
                sin-gle-play-er? i dont understand. what is this singleplayer you speak of? :laugh:

Comment

You nipped into a chopper on single player?

Comment

Originally posted by Sploitz

Says the guy with 80 hours

Comment

Originally posted by Harmor

What about night maps?

What about infrantry only maps?

What about sea maps (small islands have flags)?

If you look just on this site's mod section you'll see alot of development. The maps that were provided during release are ok, some I don't particullarly like to play on a particular side, but others are fun as hell.

I think the game will be much better once the v1.03 patch is released - it'll fix alot of bugs.

Too bad they don't release a new map each patch.
                      night maps and maps with more infantry will be in the expansion pack

Comment

Originally posted by Catch28
                        night maps and maps with more infantry will be in the expansion pack
                        ...Which should've been in BF2 in the first place. I say no one buy it.

Comment

Yeah Im not gonna buy any expansion packs after all the bug fiascos,etc...

Just mods and updates for me

Comment

Working...
                          X