Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

noob asks, what's the best way to get started online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: noob asks, what's the best way to get started online?

get into big full servers you'll die alot at first and people will call you a nub but once you get used to it you'll know whats going on much better playing against bots is fun but bots are stupid and will hesitate to shoot and try to kill you with shock paddles plus i've never seen a bot bunny hop which is one of the most frustrating things in the world

what i would do first is make a local server for just you and get into it by yourself learn all the maps inside and out get the different kits and test them out against vehicles there is a rumored 1 shot kill spot on the tanks using a AT kit/tow/other tank if you could find that that would help you alot

above all have fun with the game and don't get too pissed about it the more angry you get the worse you'll play

and i don't know why i told you all this you'll probably get online the first day and pwn me like i'm a noob

Comment

The smaller servers offer a form of "peace" as you attempt to fight a battle against other humans. You wont run about like a confused chicken on the interstate wondering what the heck is going on as 4 APC's Tanks and 20 troops supported by a Bhawk roars over head.

I got my start in Nova's DFLW and was addicted to it simply because hunting Humans is a damn sight better than chomping on the AI that seems not to be so AI. That was back in the late 90's and the AI is STILL not so AI.

Regarding the comment about human player shooting on sight... so true. I have seen servers on day one when all of us were noobs in BF2 and a month later the skilled players started mowing down the clueless in Karkand etc...

Make a account you dont care about because when you feel skilled enough to be "Armed and Dagerous" then go make a account you would want to be good on.

Also it is my firm belief that computer hardware is really a part of your online military gaming. It is a form of a weapon in support of your gaming experience. You dont want to be the lagger in a blind man kicking contest. I just upgraded to two gigs of ram and suddenly am the first to move in a new map and be loaded past the verifying screen in less than 20 seconds compared the old one minute wait and spawn to see all the vehicles long gone.

Keep your computer in good health by doing all the regular and boring maintaince.

Try to understand the person who is flaming you after you pwned em is probably a 8 year old who only wants to see you killed in a variety of ways. Or a 25 year old unemployed person playing in his or her college dorm trying to get ahead in life.

Finally, if you are in a bad mood or feeling angry to want to hurt others in the game.. dont play until tomorrow. You will be better off.

Comment

Just remember: bunny hop, bunny hop, bunny hop . . . dive, dive, dive. You'll fit right in.

Comment

LOL. Right. Doubt it.

I don't think I'll get too angry. My meds won't let me

I've heard about the bunny hop thing. Stupid. Won't catch me doing that.

Comment

and don't forget the hax lol

i think everyone who kills me is hacking but i've been doing that ever since the first time i watched that mygot cartoon

Comment

Originally posted by lmspeed
              LOL. Right. Doubt it.

I don't think I'll get too angry. My meds won't let me

I've heard about the bunny hop thing. Stupid. Won't catch me doing that.
              It works well with a shotty.

Comment

BEST TIP OFF ALL.
                Download the patch and where the ping box is make sure you put 100 this way you won't lag.

Comment

Working...
                X