is my new rig worth it??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: is my new rig worth it??

Just bc you already have a gig of ram doesn't mean it will work on your new rig. AMD is very picky about the type of RAM is uses. What works for Intel Crapium won't work for AMD. Make sure that RAM is compatible.

Comment

Originally posted by rymaples
      Just bc you already have a gig of ram doesn't mean it will work on your new rig. AMD is very picky about the type of RAM is uses. What works for Intel Crapium won't work for AMD. Make sure that RAM is compatible.
      sh1t, tell me more about it......i think i use DIMM KINGSTON generic ram or something like that, which is 512mb, another strip of 512 was like AZEN ram or something, do u think it will work??????

Comment

Go to the mobo's manufacture's website and see if it's compatible. I've never heard of that second you mentioned. If you want to get good decent RAM, you're gonna spend about $150 for a gig.

Comment

The best deals on laptops, PC, game systems, components, small appliances, cables, and office supplies. Save more by shopping online or in-store!

the info for that mobo

Comment

The best chance for success using those two DIMMS is to get the Venice or San Diego core. Those two specifically address the issue of using mix-matched RAM DIMMS.

Comment

ROFL 256 mb of ram...

gg

Comment

Originally posted by djstubbs
                ROFL 256 mb of ram...

gg
                Yea, I think it should be illegal to sell one to the public with only 256MB of RAM. But like he said, it will be fine for what his mother needs.

Comment

Working...
                X