Defibulator Is Stupid!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Defibulator Is Stupid!!!

i kneel and i miss maybe 1 in 50 attempts to revive where it just refuses to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Solar71
      Hey all...

I love to play medic...
      And i use the defibulator all the time...

But even as a medic player, i must say, the defibulator needs a HUGE nerfing...

When someone is 2-3 seconds from death, and they are bleeding and about to die, and you run up and Hit them with the Defibulator, you are bring them back to life... THIS PART i UNDERSTAND!!!!

BUt!!!

When someone is saved from death, why are they at 100% health ?
      This is total bull...
      Reality would say, they should be somewhere around 1-2% health
      BUT!!!
      Maybe 25% would be reasonable for balance issues...

then after that they need to be healed, to get to 100% health...

Just instant 100% is really rediculous!!!

cmon now

PS : if your thinking... "well then a medic will get 1 point for defib and 1 point for heal then maybe they could lower the defib score... like make defib 0.5 points... as in you get 1 point for every 2 people you defib... something like that...
      It's a game....think about other stuff in BF2, not all of it is realistic!!

Comment

It is fine how it is, I mean whats the difference between 50% life and 100%, so you want to give medics more points?

I play a medic almost all the time because I like risking my tail to keep people fighting, if I revive someone and we dont die right away then I would heal him to 100% anyway... there is no point in not giving him 100%.

Comment

the reason it gives 100% health is the way it's set up the paddles are slow and you have to expose yourself to enemy fire for an extended amount of time plus you only have limited medic bags to throw at any time so you would have to be exposed to fire even longer and people would start complaining that the medics actually tried to revive them because it would be easier to just respawn

when i played JO and JOE i played as a medic and all you had to do is throw a bag so that was fast and easy but this is a whole new ball game and i've gotten better at running going prone and getting the revive and getting the hell out of there but if they changed to that it would just ruin the medic class and i would have to learn to shoot

Comment

Originally posted by ScarySquirrel
            i kneel and i miss maybe 1 in 50 attempts to revive where it just refuses to work.
            I think that's sometimes due to the dead person having the spawn menu open. It won't let you revive someone with that menu open, which is fair enough if they want to take the death and spawn somewhere else, quite a good feature.

What is not good is the fact that there is no way to tell this if you are trying to heal him. So you may run out there and shock him a few times, even though he doesn't want to be revived and it won't let you.

I would like to see some kind of different icon when dead people do not wish to be revived, perhaps a set of dog tags?

That way you do not go out there trying to revive someone who you won't be able to.

Comment

grammer...
              grammar

F*cking idiot
              Whose brain shut down there then?

Comment

I agree...and its been talked about before.
                Revived player should be at 5% and needing med packs. This would prevent a massive "revival" (no pun intended...) of the downed troops.

Comment

Originally posted by [KMAB]Sklldr
                  I think it's fine for now, however unrealistic.
                  Opposed the rest of the game being realistic?

I would have to agree also, its fine the way it is.

Comment

I think you are once again.. a person who is looking for games to be realistic.. and this is up to a point if it was so realistic this game wouldn't have the arcade feel that makes it's a BF game..

Comment

they made it 100% healed so medics dont get a revive pt and a healing pt, it would be "unbalanced" for medics to get 2 pts per revive

Comment

Yes in reality you would not have full health but the games not real and its not based on realism either. Leave it as it is

Comment

Working...
                        X