X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defibulator Is Stupid!!!

Hey all...

I love to play medic...
    And i use the defibulator all the time...

But even as a medic player, i must say, the defibulator needs a HUGE nerfing...

When someone is 2-3 seconds from death, and they are bleeding and about to die, and you run up and Hit them with the Defibulator, you are bring them back to life... THIS PART i UNDERSTAND!!!!

BUt!!!

When someone is saved from death, why are they at 100% health ?
    This is total bull...
    Reality would say, they should be somewhere around 1-2% health
    BUT!!!
    Maybe 25% would be reasonable for balance issues...

then after that they need to be healed, to get to 100% health...

Just instant 100% is really rediculous!!!

cmon now

PS : if your thinking... "well then a medic will get 1 point for defib and 1 point for heal then maybe they could lower the defib score... like make defib 0.5 points... as in you get 1 point for every 2 people you defib... something like that...

Re: Defibulator Is Stupid!!!

I think someone has a mod out where the defibulator only gives back like 40% health... Not sure the name of the mod. But yes it's stupid for EA to make it 100% healed. Another EA meeting I would have liked to been in.

Comment

But then nobody would be a medic, playing as a medic means that you let yourself open to being attacked by tanks/cars inwhich a spec op or anti tank class would be able to handle, for nothing. Threw-out a match you dont get that many points for defib or healing anyway.

It is stupid riving people to 100% but the game as a whole isnt that realistic. I guess its an idea.

Comment

Yeah maybe your right...
        But how about 50% then ?

then it would be worth it i think...

Comment

Sounds like a great idea at first...
          But It be pointless if it didnt give them 100% because tehn medics would make even more points by healing them after they were revived.

So 2 points for revival, 2 points for healing.

Comment

I'm sure there will be/is a realism mod that cuts the health down to 50 after defib revives

Comment

in Enemy Territory it went only up to 25% until you got the third star as medic, then it goes full, you used to throw medic bags at the wounded soldier, then run out and heal him since you throw the bags.

Comment

Originally posted by HavanaAffair
                Threw-out a match you dont get that many points for defib or healing anyway.
                Um no, you or many other medics don't get many points because you probably aren't doing your job, I've allmost never touched the medic class, and was really pist one round after seeing a sh!t load of medics playing with there d!cks, so I played medic the rest of the round to show them how it's done, I point whored like a motha f@cker and in the end got myself 15 kills, 5-10 deaths, and SH!T load of mother f@cking points for revive and heal, I got another gold star easily, well ahead of the other players and 'veteran' medics.

Comment

Defibulator Is Stupid!!!
                  , says the guy who can't spell defibrillator, even though he sees it near on every time he plays...

Comment

Originally posted by Kleinzeit
                    , says the guy who can't spell defibrillator, even though he sees it near on every time he plays...
                    qft :laugh:

Comment

when you run out or real argument, and you brain completely shuts down, people attack spelling and grammer...

Bravo Kleinzeit

F*cking idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Kleinzeit
                        LOLOLOL :laugh: Ya, honestly, don't think you could mess with nerfing the defib, since then you'll have to find someway of nerfing the point accumulation as stated above with the revive + heal. I think it's fine for now, however unrealistic.

Comment

the fact that it revives to 100% is balanced by the fact that it only even works about 60% pf the time and wont revive anyone on a sloped surface. Really they should fix that because thats really ridiculous. (the sloped surface thing I mean)

really I can see that it wouldnt work sometimes, after all it wouldnt IRL. Its just that slope thing that bugs me.

Comment

There must be some kind of bug with that reviving. For me it works all the time for as I can see 1 reason. I do it while standing. It's kinda strange u can revive while standing straight :laugh: Hence why I see so many ppl trying to revive on their knees. But really got used to it now and sometimes it's even over the top. I can revive while dodging fire. U can do it so quick while standing. Proning also works all the time I think. Lately I get frustrated anyway tho by ppl that try to revive and fail just before the timer runs down. :cry:

Comment

Fine, make it 1 point per revive and only 25% health.. So the medic throws a bag, revives, patient picks up the bag, medic gets a heal point.. Medic still gets 2 points and the same thing is accomplished.

Comment

Working...
                              X