An alternative to the PTK system.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: An alternative to the PTK system.

This is a good and valuable discussion. There have been numerous valuable ideas floated, we should stick with it and see if we can come up with something everyone agrees with.

I like JP's concept of votes, and I also like Odinpalen's idea about limiting the number of PTKs you can issue per rank. I suppose the problem with this second idea is that griefers can use dummy accounts when they want to avoid the PTK limit. I expect there would be a proliferation in accounts so that people can continue playing and handing out PTKs. The other problem is that rank advancement is not the threat that getting booted is. Maybe if you have reached your allocated number of PTKs you can't join servers at all? Maybe the system needs to go further and somehow track PTKs against CD keys.

I wonder if there is an arrangement that includes both JP's and Odinpalen's concepts?

Of course it goes without saying that there needs to be changes made to the game so that innocent BH pilots who get rammed don't also get saddled with the 5 PTKs that go along with it.

Comment

Re: An alternative to the PTK system.

Originally posted by PBAsydney
      Bring the -2 back!! You get -4 if you are forgiven! It sucks!
      wtf? you get -4 if the person forgives you? thats lame

i think the punish system breaks down teamwork even more. because when you think about it, most people play for points so if they have a chance to put someone in negative. so they can possibly get into the top 3 or what have you.

Comment

Working...
      X