L85 - Why so weak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: L85 - Why so weak?

I love the L85, and it is incredibly accurate in short bursts and on single shot...which is how I always use it.

Comment

every time i pick one up off a dead body i have loved it and i hate to lose it again when i die or the round ends

Comment

Originally posted by Robocline
        every time i pick one up off a dead body i have loved it and i hate to lose it again when i die or the round ends
        If I could I would gladly give you mine for keeps

Comment

i'll have a new unlock here in about a day or 2 but why don't you like it

Comment

Yeah, if I can find an AK or an L85, I'll drop my M16 no question. The recoil is absurd and even while prone, aiming down the barrel, it's almost impossible to be effective with it.

Comment

The thing with the L85 is that it requires a change of play style to be effective. I'ts not the M16 or the AK, and if you play it like one, you will not do as well.

You can't go rushing around getting into close and mid range fire fights trading shots with your opponent. You need to hang back and snipe. Single shot with the scope. Work the edges of the fight, go for head shots. You can make some specatular long range kills with the L85. Stay behind the front line troops, or work all the spots you'd expect a sniper to be. THis thing is great as a counter-sniper too. I love nailing unsuspecting snipers I see on rooftops.

If you are moving in tight quarters, go Full auto, drop prone and use the sight. If can kill vary fast that way. Firing from the hip though it rarely hits.

Comment

Originally posted by Sploitz
                Yeah, if I can find an AK or an L85, I'll drop my M16 no question. The recoil is absurd and even while prone, aiming down the barrel, it's almost impossible to be effective with it.

No, its not. If you havent figured out how to use the M16 yet, keep practicing. L85 recoil is absurd. AK47 recoil is absurd. The M16 is one of the most controllable weapons in the game simply because it wont allow you to spray and pray due to it not having a full auto option. 3 round burst for the win.

Comment

dude the l85a1 aint weak. you just gotta be good at shooting it. im better sniping with that gun than alot of people are with actual sniper rifles. if you shoot in single shot it is very accurate. for me it averages out at about 3-5 hits per person. not bad for an automatic weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by Robocline
                    i'll have a new unlock here in about a day or 2 but why don't you like it
                    I dont like it because full auto us only good for very very close range. Anything farther away than 10 feet you need to use burst and then you might hit them if youre lucky. If they are any onsiderable distance away then the only hope you have of even hitting them is single shot.

in short I hate it because it has poor accuracy and bad recoil. The damage isnt too bad though, its just the horrible accuracy that kills it.

Comment

• Re: L85 - Why so weak?

i love some of the stuff people post there rediculous. i love it!! anyways teh xm8 looks like a damn toy but its a cool gun. they ned to make it not like lego green and stuff though. arnt like the next generation soldiers going to use those oicw or whatever with cameras on them i think it would be very unpractical whetever happined to teh thompson!!

Comment

I dont know where you got 'lego green' from, its black or tan mostly.

Comment

If you hang back and snipe, that kinda defeats the purpose of being a medic right?

Comment

5 FRICKIN kilos!!!

thats about 12 pounds!!!
                            Dude thats VERY heavy...

I am a CNC CAD/CAM machinist...
                            I lift steel all day to load into my machines...
                            I know E X A C T L Y what 12 pounds feels like...
                            OH MAN!!!

That would not be very fun to carry around all day... Running shooting... running shooting...

LAME!!!

Comment

It IS accurate on Single Fire, but on auto you might as well throw a handfull of bullets at the enemy, you'd do as much damage

Comment

Working...
                              X