L85 - Why so weak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L85 - Why so weak?

My first (and only, so far =( ) unlock was the L85. Why? Well firstly because it's a good gun and secondly because Im a patriotic Brit and wanted to use the same gun as the RL British armed forces. But anyway. The L85 is an ok gun, but it's a bit of a strange duck. It's a weak gun, and seems to require more shots to kill than the other guns, especially the other medic guns. This is strange because the L85 uses the same round as the M16, the M4 and the SAW. It uses a better round than the AK47 and the AK101. Now, I could live with this, if the accuracy was what it's cracked up to be.

It's listed as "Accuracy: High" but actually it isnt accurate at all. It just has an excellent scope. If you rapid fire on semi-auto with the scope then the crosshairs will get just as wide as on full auto without the scope (ie as wide as the SAW). If the M16 had an excellent scope, or the G36, or whatever, they would be just as accurate. This seems a bit weird. In real life, the L85 is more accurate than the M16 and both versions of the G36, and it's MUCH more accurate than all that AK crap that seems to be hyperinflated in this game... now I realise that there is such a thing as game balance, and overall the L85 is a different / better in some circumstances gun which I still use, but it seems a bit odd that it is how it is. It's just downright bizarre that the corsshairs get as wide as the SAW even though it's probably the most accurate assault rifle in the world and the SAW is a light machinegun which fires rifle bullets.

ya...I just went back to the M16, its more powerful/accurate anyways.

Comment

Agreed. I always seem to do better with the M16, and any increase in score I found with the L85 seems to be more to do with me becoming a better player than the gun.

Comment

L85 IS more powerful than M16

and about L85 using a more powerful round than Ak47, speechless here...

Comment

Originally posted by Handy388
          L85 IS more powerful than M16
          :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Comment

L85 pissed me off so i changed classes lol

Comment

The AK has a crap round and people I know who spend way too much time with guns tell me that. It also has a very short barrel for an assault rifle. It IS just a crap gun compared to Western arms. It's more rugged and reliable, which make it good for giving to conscripts etc. but in exchange for that it sacrifices any semblence of accuracy. There is a reason why nations with professional armies dont use guns that look like AKs, externally or internally.

Comment

For some reason when I use this weapon on full auto it never kills. Try using it on single shot and aim for the head and chest, it should kill in 3 or 4 hits.

Comment

I just wish the USMC got something remotely as good as the AK-101

it kills with 1-3 bullets and is very accurate. sigh

Comment

L85 damage is between the M16 and AK101. The issue with the medic gun is that it has really bad recoil, it is fairly accurate though. This weapon is imho the poor man's sniper rifle. Needs to be used in single shot mode while prone to have real success. Three non-headshots should drop most targets, that's not to bad if you can adjust to the insane recoil.

Comment

I didnt know it was more powerful than the M16 :| It always appeared weaker. Maybe thats just because I dont use the M16 to snipe people and in CQB I use the accurate burst fire. Well, they ought to fix the recoil. I can accept a little more than the M16, but this is meant to be accurate. Getting crosshairs as wide as the SAW is just not right,

Comment

I really don't see any changes coming for th L85 anytime soon. It is already one of the better weapons in my opinion.

Comment

There wont be any changes for anything because EA is interested only in opening up new "revenue streams" and "market oppurtunities". Since we cant sell them the game back they dont really give a damn.

Comment

The L85 is probably the best unlock I dont see the reason to ***** about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Praetorian145
                              The AK has a crap round and people I know who spend way too much time with guns tell me that. It also has a very short barrel for an assault rifle. It IS just a crap gun compared to Western arms. It's more rugged and reliable, which make it good for giving to conscripts etc. but in exchange for that it sacrifices any semblence of accuracy. There is a reason why nations with professional armies dont use guns that look like AKs, externally or internally.

The L85 is a great weapon. However, I must say the AK is a fantastic weapon. It's design is genious for reliability, and toughness. A definate plus on any battlefield. I have never had a problem hitting practice targets while firing a real 7.62 AK. Maybe I'm just a great shot.

Comment

Working...
                              X