Have you been TKed for your weapon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you been TKed for your weapon?

I don't know what it is, but I'm starting to notice a VERY disturbing trend: I have been hunted down and killed by teammates simply for the kit I was carrying.

This tends to happen most when I'm carrying a M95 that I've picked up off the ground.

Not only that, but I've had teammates follow me around with a knife or pistol trying to kill me. What the heck gives?

On the opposite side, I myself have been kicked and temporarily banned from at least 3 servers where I accidentally (if it wasn't an accident, I wouldn't be complaining) TKed one player. Just one. And I was gone. It's not like I was the last on the team, I would actually be second or third best player on our team, and one TK (more than one time I think it was an admin) and I would find myself kicked.

I run my own highly successful CS 1.6 server, and even at my worst, I'm not going to kick and ban someone for ONE accidental TK in the middle of the round (it wasn't even in the first 2 minutes which might indicate to them it was on purpose).

What gives with these absurd rules?

Ill be honest I have thought of doing it but I am not that kind of person!

Comment

Aye I've had people kill me for the M95.

Comment

haha this is getting better and better each day. First you get tk'ed fer ya tank or plane....now for yer gun...what's next?? yer underwear??? sjeesh

Comment

Yeps ame here. Ive been tk few times for being a sniper and pickin enemys off. First i tought it was a accident but i got TK more and more often.

sry for bad english k

Comment

Originally posted by Finalheaven
            I don't know what it is, but I'm starting to notice a VERY disturbing trend: I have been hunted down and killed by teammates simply for the kit I was carrying. This tends to happen most when I'm carrying a M95 that I've picked up off the ground. Not only that, but I've had teammates follow me around with a knife or pistol trying to kill me. What the heck gives?
            Man ... I was hoping this crap would not happen. There are already the little 3l33t Hack3r k1dz who will put a bullet in your head for your seat on a chopper... These punks who do this make the game suck for everyone else.

Comment

I think you all are just paranoid. :shock: :laugh:

Comment

I have also been TKed for manning the mounted gun on Strike at Kirkand. It's the mounted gun at the top left CP, where the US begin. This is a key gun to lay down cover fire. Someone TKed me for camping???

(FYI: This was on a 64 man server with 32 players per team, so I really was providing cover fire. If we only had 9 players on the team, then yes, it would've been more benefitial for me to help capture the first flag.)

Comment

i try not to tk on purpose. when guys come up to me during a map and can clearly see i am on their team and lay into me i will pop a shot or 2 into them.

i have however, followed a guy i saw with a pkm and waited until he died and took his kit to see what the gun was like.

Comment

Yep, just yesterday I was playing Karkand, hiding behind a wall reloading my DAO-12. When all the sudden, an AT rocket slams into me, coming from my own teammate. Then he walks over, picks up my kit, and walks away. Pretty frustrating.

Thats the only time I can remember being purposely TKed for it though. However, I remember one time I was critically wounded, and a medic ran over to my body. Did he revive me? Nope. He picked up my DAO-12 and walked away. :hmm:

Comment

I'd suggest not equiping the gun until you're in position. The gun is very distinctive, much more so than the usual kit upgrade. I've nailed a few M95 snipers hiding because the barrel was sticking out, usually I'll catch the sniper in route to his nest.

Comment

i've been tk'ed for my PKM more than once :/

Comment

I remember this happening one time for my DAO-12. The guy just looked at me and was moving around me as if to look at my gun better and then all of a sudden blam and I watched him loot my kit. I said something, but he of course remained silent.

Too bad unlockables can be picked up by all. I think they should be limited by what you have selected for an unlock for your personal player. This will prevent someone from TK'ing you for your weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by Roderick
                            I remember this happening one time for my DAO-12. The guy just looked at me and was moving around me as if to look at my gun better and then all of a sudden blam and I watched him loot my kit. I said something, but he of course remained silent.

Too bad unlockables can be picked up by all. I think they should be limited by what you have selected for an unlock for your personal player. This will prevent someone from TK'ing you for your weapon.
                            yeah i agree with u man!!!

Comment

Dumbest ever. It's not like the unlocks are superior to the normal weapons anyways. Any such belief is purely pyschological.

"The PKM owns!" Well, it's stronger, but less accurate.
                              "The G3 rules" Also stronger, but no grenade launcher and a smaller magazine.
                              "Gotta unlock the L85" I guess, but the damage is considerably lower.
                              "Dude, get the G36C" It's minimally stronger but has no red dot scope.
                              "L33t snipers use the M-95" Or they could just use the M24. Same gun. Better accy.
                              "The DAO-12 is awesome" It's better than the SMG's, I'll give you that. But it also sucks.
                              "Jackhammer, man" No one should ever say this.

Comment

Working...
                              X