M24 / M95, same gun, different skin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M24 / M95, same gun, different skin?

I've been messing with sniper a bit for a few hours, and killed quite a few people on a Karkand server. I did about an hour with the M24, and an hour with the M95. I really didn't notice anymore damage from the M95 than I did the M24, and I really couldn't see a good reason for unlocking it.

Is there anywhere the M95 excels?

The damage is exactly the same for both. Both gun are exactly the same except the m95 is slightly less accurate, but can shoot chopper pilots. Only unlock to use on the MEC and Chinese teams. I use the m24 rather than my m95 when I am on the USMC.

Comment

The M95 sucks, dont listen to the guy that made a video with his superaccurate 54892048 damage M95 and said he's leet.

Comment

The M95 is excellent for...... well, nothing actually.

Comment

yeah my mate unlocked it and he said it was shite and never uses it now and the other day i picked one up off a dead team mate and yes its nothing like as good as the stock USMC sniper rifle.

Comment

It isn't as good, but I'm more willing to use that over the MEC/Chinese semi auto rifles. Maybe it's a matter of preference, but I find myself practicing much better sound discipline and accuracy when I know every shot I make will require me yanking back a bolt and wasting time before a follow up shot. Plus, shooting some one out of their chopper is REALLY satisfying

Comment

The MEC sniper rifle is my most favourite of them all.

Comment

I think the M4 in single shot mode owns both of them. a quick 2 shots to the head at any range and they are done. Plus you have fill auto mode when you need it.

Sniper class is next to wasted in BF2.

Comment

Roger that, they don't have any capabilities a Spec Ops doesn't have, and they lack C4.

Comment

Well, it makes perfect sense...I mean, the M24 uses .308 caliber winchester rounds and the M95 uses .50 caliber rounds. It's only natural that they should do the same amount of damage.

The .50 cal round on the left(and middle, the leftmost is loaded into vehicles, the middle round is used for weapons like the M95, 9mm x 90MEN), the .308 7.62x51mm NATO round on the right.

Comment

I play sniper a lot, and have gotten quite good at the "one shot kill at 250-350m" thing.

M95 seems a lot more inacccurate than the M24.

For you sniper naysayers, who say an M4 is just as good, etc etc: I respect your opinions, but you haven't played sniper enough. I can easily plug people that are so far away, I can't see them unless they're scoped. Try doing that with an M4.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian
                        The M95 is excellent for...... well, nothing actually.
                        Couldnt agree more, I much prefer the M24 over the M95.

Originally posted by Selector
                        Sniper class is next to wasted in BF2.
                        Couldnt disagree more .... Sniper is distinctly underrated by most plyrs, on urban maps and some of the more open (Dragon Valley) the niper somes into its own ..... espoecially against ppl defending their base.

--Unreb

Comment

i find the m95 pointless, im hardly sniper..but when i am i see no killer shots with that thing..its a freaking .50 cal...your dead, yet it takes 2 shots

Comment

Unless you want to shoot people out of helos or aircraft. The m95 is pointless compared to the m24. Don't get it.

Comment

Well unless you (like me) hardly ever play US i agree, however the m95 is not crap, just not as good as it should/could be.

Comment

Working...
                              X