Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Should Winning a Round give entire team a bonus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Poll: Should Winning a Round give entire team a bonus?

Originally posted by Tumbler
    Commanders don't really get a bonus at all. They get 1 point for killing troops instead of 2. They don't get points for taking flags and they get penalized just like we do but it's 2x as bad for them.
    ...And that's exactly why u should concentrate on commanding and making it easier for yout team to fight the fight instead of running around killing ppl, while you are the commander.

Comment

I think it should be a minimal bonus, like 5 points, there's no real point. Bcause on Karkand i've been on the losing team as USMC and i still get the highest score for reviving. Just because your team sux doesn't mean that you shouldn't get as many points as the other team does. Its fine how it is, i don't play for points or for winning, i play for fun, well i used to play for points, but thats until i unlocked my G36C, which pwns all.

Comment

It would be nice if winning a round got bonus points for the highest scoring squad(s) :salute:

Comment

I'm for some kind of "bonus" for the winning team, but nothing very big. Maybe 5-10 points or something. As long as there's a way to keep people from jumping to the other team in the last minute just to get the bonus.

As far as commanders, that's a whole nother argument that's been discussed many times on these boards. I spent 4-5 hours yesterday trying to play as commander. I've got around 120 total hours played, and I think I've only commanded about 7 total. I think I found 3 decent servers. I always stay at the main base, and never go and fight unless I run a scan and see someone in my base. I have uav running pretty much non-stop, unless I'm dead of course. I don't drop alot of arty on my own, so that it's readily available to any squad. I answer all requests, whether I can give you want you want or not, and I EXPLAIN WHY I CAN'T. Commander points are really hard to come by if you have a bunch of crack heads running in all different directions. I've had games where I did all of the above, but only wind up with 20-30 commander points because of stupid people. So no more complaining. A good commander is worth every point they get.

Comment

And autobalance will ruin everything if there was like a 10% bonus,everybody on the losing team would quit or try to switch teams. ANd since that, people on the winning team would be autoswitched to the losing team, then they would start crying because they didn't get their extra points, thats the problem, and it's really annoying when you're commander and you get autoswitched to the other side.

Comment

Originally posted by (BG)patton
              yeah, when i first played i thought the x2 at the bottom was for the whole team, so i fought extra hard. i think a small bonus would be great
              I thought the x2 bonus was for everyone as well.

Comment

definately. this will give the team more incentive to win and add to your chances of getting the war college ribbon. 3:1 ratio is stupid at the mo its down to luck really if you win or lose.

Comment

I have said it before, but please NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

-Do you have to get punished because some idiots are idle in your team???
                  -Do you have to get punished if your commader is a total ass????
                  -Do you have to be punished if your team just suck realy hard???
                  -Do you have to be punished for getting teamswitched end of round???

-Do you have to be rewarded because your team is very good but actualy you suck???
                  -Do you have to be rewarded for constantly switching teams ???

To many people will constantly be swtiching teams, leaving servers (look at several other online shooters) when there team is loosing, the point system is causing enough whoring etc as it is now, let it be before there comes even more whoring to just win the map.
                  -

Comment

Ow, and do not say : it's not punishing, you just don't get extra points.

It is punishing, loosing points or not getting points is just the same. And some idiots who whore the whole time (BH, Tank, ...) they get the rewards.

And even if you are the best player on the server, who does everything for his team, he don't get a gold medal, just because some other guys on the winning team got the bonus.

And, some guys even want to join the loosing team now, because they find it a bigger challenge and it doesn't affect there score, so the game can get balanced, this story is also over then

I am sick of al those stupid idea's just to get some more points out of BF2, you guys just can't handle the fact you aren't going to be highest rank by tomorow and pull everything out for just some extra points.

-shouldn't ea give us points for winning the map?
                    -shouldn't ea give us some more points for taking out a tank?
                    -shouldn't ea give us more points for a pistol/knife kill?
                    -shouldn't ea give us more points for taking out planes?
                    -shouldn't ea give us more points for reparing ??

all those stupid threads for more points

Comment

I see we have another ruined thread.

Comment

Personally, I like Psycho's idea of splitting up the remaining tickets of your team between all of the members of that team. Although it may be somewhat lopsided on certain maps, it does have some potential.

Comment

ppl would jump teams to get the points i see it happeneing all the time even though there isnt any incentive right now

Comment

ppl would jump teams to get the points i see it happeneing all the time even though there isnt any incentive right now
                            I agree. I think the auto balance thing would be the only way.

Comment

Working...
                            X