NVidia users - new drivers 8/11/05

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by |1.RD|Burke
    The last drivers I dl'ed from them ahd that WIn Media Player bug..where everything was whacko. Anybody fire up Win media and see if their graphics are off? I need an update im running older ones.
    That can be adjusted by going into "Color correction" (dunno really, I run the swedish ones :]]) and change from standard to advanced, and back again :]]

Comment

Burke,

Here is the fix for the WMP problem:
      - Go in video card properties
      - Go Color Correction
      - Look at "Apply color changes to", there is a drop down menu below it
      - Select "All" in the drop down menu

No more "everything was whacko" in your video players.

BIC

Comment

I had to switch back from 77.722 to 77.30 cause when going out of commander screen ghrpahic collpase ocurred.

77.30 solved this.

Does anyone know if 77.77 had the 77.72 commander problem??

Cheers.

Comment

if im not having trouble with the old drivers should i download them.

Comment

Originally posted by beastoftheeast1
            if im not having trouble with the old drivers should i download them.
            It's your call, but I think the days of fearing video card driver upgrades are largely over, partly due to things like XP's ability to rollback drivers but also just because NVidia has consistently released stable drivers for quite a long period of time. I've been an early NVidia driver updater for about the last 3 years over 3 versions of Windows and 4 different NVidia cards/chipsets and never had an issue with even a newly released driver. No kidding.

Comment

I got it and its working great. Might have gained a slight improvement by it even allowing me to use 2x AA now and hover just a tad under my old FPS of around 50-80 on 6600gt APG. Im guessing more efficient drivers atribute for that. So far so good for me =)

Comment

yeah thats good the last nvidia drivers were shite so i rolled back to the porevious release.

The reason being that it screwed up and video i played on my pc making it all overly bright with screwed up colours. Hopefully these drivers will work properly.

Comment

Originally posted by big_sammy_b
                  yeah thats good the last nvidia drivers were shite so i rolled back to the porevious release.

The reason being that it screwed up and video i played on my pc making it all overly bright with screwed up colours. Hopefully these drivers will work properly.

This was fixed with the 77.76 driver release which came out a couple of week back.

XP, Windows XP Professional x64: NVIDIA Overlay gamma controls under Standard mode do not work properly, resulting in overly dark or overly bright video

Comment

Originally posted by Umi.Ryuuzaki
                    I think you should grab them and test them out. Why?

Noticed this on the 77.77 release notes:

O.o? Think this might of cause some issues for BF2 on some vid cards?
                    Hmmm...I will have to try these out, maybe thats why my game has been rebooting :/

Comment

Eh, no real difference when using a 5200 >_<.....

Comment

If it aint broke ... don't fix it, drivers rarely give performance boost in my vast gaming career (15 years :P), I've never really seen a driver update that gave a percievable performance boost.

So if your machine is running smooth and fine dont even bother, or you could be causing yourself hassle.

Comment

Originally posted by BIC
                          Burke,

- Go Color Correction

BIC
                          that didnt work for me last time i tried

Comment

my drivers work fine now, so i dunno if its worth getting the new ones.

Comment

Originally posted by BIC
                              Burke,

- Go Color Correction

BIC
                              you missed a step. after you do select the All option, click the restore defaults button. then save it. that should fix it. worked for mine. but since there is a new driver that fixes it, might as well just get the new driver.

Comment

Originally posted by X-ander
                                I had to switch back from 77.722 to 77.30 cause when going out of commander screen ghrpahic collpase ocurred.

77.30 solved this.

Does anyone know if 77.77 had the 77.72 commander problem??

Cheers.
                                Yes. I have just tried the latest 77.77 and they also crash in that (77.72) way for me exiting commander mode. Back to 77.30s..

Comment

Working...
                                X