Nostromo n52...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nostromo n52...

I just recently got my N52 (haven't had much time to use it since my defective RAM killed my OS) and it's great in BF2. I didn't even program any macros. It took a little getting used to pushing the D-Pad to move after using the keyboard, and I would hesitate for a second sometimes wondering "what key do I press?" but nothing more severe than when I'm learning new keyboard layouts.

If you pair it up with a gaming mouse like my MX518, you never have to even touch the keyboard. Just set up a shift state for voting and some macros for "something spotted" commands (haven't done this yet, but seems like a good idea), one for driving, maybe one for commonly typed phrases, etc... No reason to use the keyboard again.

Comment

Interesting feedback. Still debating on whether this is worth a try or not.

I have read that there were conflicts with this and the Saitek X-52 joystick in earlier versions of BF, like 1942 and BFV. I am wondering if this still might be the case. I will keep looking into that.

Comment

I wholehearted recommend an n52.

It'll change the way you play. It's much cheaper and infinitely more configureable than a Z-board.

..and it's sooooooo comfortable

Comment

Yes, it is way cheaper than a Z-Board, which I would have gotten, if not for the N52. The N52 goes for about $30 on Newegg, which is where I got mine.

It's fairly comfortable, though I seem to have an off-shape hand or something, because I can't get my hand rest "just so" even when it's completely off. Still very comfortable, but it would have been nice if they had mounted the hand rest on a slider rather than the old peg and hole setup.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerStein
            Interesting feedback. Still debating on whether this is worth a try or not.

I have read that there were conflicts with this and the Saitek X-52 joystick in earlier versions of BF, like 1942 and BFV. I am wondering if this still might be the case. I will keep looking into that.
            I couldn't tell you about BF42 or BFV but I wouldn't bother if your buying it just BF2, go for a Evo/Cyborg if you want a Saitek, or the Logitech Wingman 3D.

I've got a X-52 but I Flight sim

Comment

I have one I don't use if someone wants it make me an offer.

Comment

Working...
              X