Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nostromo n52...

i got a question about this baby

i been using it for about a year and a half and i've got to say that i am very happy with it. it has MANY keys to program to different actions. this, doubled with my Logitech Mx310 with two side buttons, makes it so that i RARELY have to touch my actual keyboard except to vote/punish, and escape the game

so i was thinking about how i like to bunny hop and i got a question about it

i can program a certain key (lets say, spacebar) on the n52 keypad to make me jump, then prone, then stand, then repeat over and over until i make it stop some how (there's like 2-3 diff ways). would you guys say this "bind" of many actions bound to one key would be cheating in any way?

just curious, cuz i know in AA people were like "waaaaah binds are illegal"

I am not sure about scripts in BF2, but you could certainly do it in HL2.

However, if you need to do that, you are pathetic.

Comment

If you program an infinite bunny-hopping loop, I will personally go to your house and pee on your computer.

Comment

rofl....i was just wondering, it prolly wouldnt work very well anyway

btw zucchini, rofl..

Comment

Dude, you would look insane.

Can you even jump from the prone position? If not, it would look like you were doing some kind of aerobic workout that the girls at the gym (that I pretend not to stare at, but actually do) do.

It would be Step Class, BF2 style.

Comment

Originally posted by dfr.mav
            would you guys say this "bind" of many actions bound to one key would be cheating in any way?
            I don't know what EA considers cheating outside of modifying their original files in the client, but a 3rd party program and or hardware that generates player actions automatically can be considered cheating.

With anything that can macro in which the Nostromo Speedpad can do, you can pretty much make single shot weapons become auto fire weapons and fix their rate of fire. Some will look at this as cheating.

I know for certain last night a sniper I was monitoring on one server was shooting off his sidearm at an extremely high rate of speed. More than a human can generate and keep at pace with. It was allowing him to mow down targets with ease and he continually went back and forth from the supply box for reloads. Since the snipers sidearm is muffled with a silencer, you would have a hard time noticing unless you moved real closely to listen to the pattern of how the bullets are being fired. Obviously he had his sidearm macroed for auto fire capability. Since the sidearm while being weak in damage per bullet, can be quite accurate over some rifles used in the game.

Comment

so i was thinking about how i like to bunny hop
              go hang yourself...

Comment

It would work but it will all depend on your stamina within the game. Bunny hopping and running will deplete the stamina and eventualy you won't be able to jump nor will you be able to run. Maybe a jump, prone, jump script could be useful...if you want to be a lamer.

I too have the n52 and it ROCKS!

Comment

Re: Nostromo n52...

I just got the n52 & started setting up the keys. One thing doesn't seem to work right; the Dpad NW,NE,SW,SE.

Normally using aswd, you hold down two keys like AW and you run northwest (assuming up is North). With the n52, I put in a macro "A Keypress, W Keypress" (repeat macro while key is down).

The movement isn't smooth at all. In fact it sucks, and you only seem to move at half speed. What have you guys done to maintain fluid movement?

Comment

WOW- A dfr squad member bunnyhopping? I honestly don't know if i should be surprised or not.. Did y'all pull these types of cheap tactics in BHD and JO too?

Comment

Originally posted by straywolf
                      It would work but it will all depend on your stamina within the game. Bunny hopping and running will deplete the stamina and eventualy you won't be able to jump nor will you be able to run. Maybe a jump, prone, jump script could be useful...if you want to be a lamer.

I too have the n52 and it ROCKS!
                      If you have no stamina you can still jump.

You can create a macro to do this with the N52 I've tested it. I have my spacebar programmed with jump/parachute in an infinite loop. This way all I have to do jump and hold it to deploy my chute.

Comment

what i want to be able to do is bind a button to switch between 2 camera angels.

So i press 'c' and it goes from FPS to third person/ movie view, press it a 2nd time and it goes back to what it was originally (FPS -> TPS, TPS -> FPS).
                        atm pressing 'c' cycles through all of them and i quite regulary go too far and miss FPS view :P

Might just have to change my keys so they're not binded to the F9/10/11/12 and to closer to my hands

Comment

Originally posted by InfidelSix
                          I just got the n52 & started setting up the keys. One thing doesn't seem to work right; the Dpad NW,NE,SW,SE.

Normally using aswd, you hold down two keys like AW and you run northwest (assuming up is North). With the n52, I put in a macro "A Keypress, W Keypress" (repeat macro while key is down).

The movement isn't smooth at all. In fact it sucks, and you only seem to move at half speed. What have you guys done to maintain fluid movement?
                          I have the n52 and had the n50, I assume you're refering to the thumb control.

Don't try to program the intermediate settings, just do WASD, the pad will spit the 2 directions itself and is pretty much like using a PS2 controller.

IMO, not illegal but multiple key-binds are weak. The n52 gives you enough of an edge already [and no carple tunnel.]

Comment

So other than bunny-hop-a-loticus - anyone actually using this thing? Saw that 3rd ID crow does - anyone else?

Just wondering about some reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerStein
                              So other than bunny-hop-a-loticus - anyone actually using this thing? Saw that 3rd ID crow does - anyone else?

Just wondering about some reviews.
                              Yea been using it since playing Raven Shield, but it really works well in DC or BF2 .

I have it setup in 3 modes, one for infantry, tank/vehicle and one for flying.

This way I have setup the d-pad and the other buttons to mean different things. E.g. in infantry mode the d-pad is used for going prone, knealing and jumping and for changing minimap size.

When tank it is used for smoke, mapview and mapsize, while flying the d-pad is bound to the mouse axis so it acts just like a joystick, and is so much better at flying than normal keyboard, but probably not as good as a regular joystick but in between that and regular keyboard.

In other games I like the d-pad also it works very well on your stance, jumping and for peeking, like in Raven Shield.

If I remember correctly there are som limitations as to what you can bind to the d-pad, but not sure if it is macros or the mode changer or other.

Comment

Working...
                              X