Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me decide what the best 3rd unlock will be for me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me decide what the best 3rd unlock will be for me!

I know, I know.. another one of these threads.

Well, I'll be a Sergeant soon. I'm currently at 21,000 points right now, so it should come rather quickly. I'll be leaving in two days for a week vacation, so I won't be getting the unlock until around 10 days. I have unlocked the Medic (L85A1) as well as the Sniper (M95). I enjoy the L85 as well as the medic portion, and I LOVE the M95. So, thankfully no regrets here.

Third unlock coming up, so. I play mostly Armor/Aviator. When I play Armor, I of course, am an Engineer. I don't play Infantry much, if at all, but.. I've tried out all of the following guns in the Single Player Demo, but none in Multiplayer.
    • Jackhammer: Seems like it has good power, truly a close range weapon. 42 shots total, 7 per clip and 5 extra clips. I run out of ammo on this weapon fairly fast, and I don't like that the ammo is in the clip format - so when I have only two shots left in the clip and want to reload, I'm going to waste those shots. Fast reload time.. no iron scope, which is perfectly fine with me. Mines, grenades.. good stuff.

• DAO-12: Good power. Lots of ammo; 12 shots total per reload with an extra 59 shots, totaling to 71 shells. I love how it reloads shell-by-shell, so I can reload when I have five or so shots left without wasting them. Didn't really ever run out of ammo on this one! Close to medium range weapon, lots of recoil like the Jackhammer but completely expected and not a problem. I do like how you have Anti-Tank rockets with you when you get in a sticky situation. No grenades.. that sucks. No iron scope, which is fine.

• PKM: Very powerful, but the iron scope completely turns me off. Somehow I just don't care for this one.

• G3: I constantly hear very bad things about this Gun, and it has no Grenade Launcher. No thanks.

• G36C: God, what a beast. Very powerful, and the most accurate gun I've ever fired in Battlefield 2. Gun has a decent amount of ammunition and I don't run out too quick. Iron scope feels perfect to me, easy to get headshots. Very accurate outside of the iron scope, as well as standing and crouching. In SP Demo with Veteran difficulty I ended up with 89 points with this baby. I feel that I'd play infantry much more if I had this, but then again I do enjoy tanking and playing as an anti-tank, so I have mixed feelings in regards to which to unlock. Silenced pistol, which is an uber plus. Lots of C4, I have no words regarding the C4.. I'm sure everybody loves it to death - BLOW **** UP! Grenades.. good stuff.

Okay, so the above was just my thoughts on the weapons I've tried and is thinking about unlocking. Please help me decide which unlock would be better for me. I know many of you will tell me to simply choose whatever my heart desires - but I'm, eh, confused. G36C.. I'd pick this one in an instant, but: I play armor, which means I always play Engineer. So having a more powerful shotgun, especially when on China/MEC would be a plus. But, then again.. I usually die with my tank and don't go rambo after it blows up. Would I play Engineer when I'm playing Infantry? I don't know. Anti-tank is fun, and the DAO-12 is very powerful in close combat. But I do also like to play Special Ops and blow **** up; sneak to the enemy base and **** up their commander assets, etc.

Well, I'm out. I'm sure theres a bunch of typo/grammar errors, but.. I typed this one up in a hurry. Thanks to all of you.

Randy

spec ops all the way was my third unlock fun stuff

Comment

jackhammer! auto shotguns are great

Comment

G36c. Its an improvement over the other spec ops weapons even without the dot scope.

Comment

I was thinking about the Jackhammer, but you do run out of ammo FAST. It does more damage then any other NON-PUMP shottie, but not a whole lot.

The DAO-12 has hella more ammo, does 2 less damage per pellet then the Jackhammer, and it's semi auto...

I've decided on the DAO-12 as my 3rd unlock for the following:
          1) Ammo. Lots of it, too
          2) AT kit has armor
          3) AT kit can take out tanks whereas Engies can lay mines and get TKs
          4) Standard AT weapons are only good for close range anyway, so might as well get something a bit more powerful

As for the G3 sucking, YES. DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT. No GL, 20 rd. Mag, and 2 less clips. WTF? Inaccurate also.

PKM is t3h l33t. 2-3 hits and they're dead. Accuracy isn't all that bad either. I've sniped sniper with it.

G36C is OK, but not as good as the trusty PKM. Many times I've been fired on by n00b Ops with G36Cs and a majority of the time I pwn3d their sorry asses.

Comment

G36! It's got a great rate of fire and is super accurate.

Comment

Dude get the Piano Wire. You need 12,000 pistol kills though.

111 !!

Comment

G36c....

on the occasions that you play spec ops you will want this gun.... if you're in armor alot why would you need the gun 'upgrade'?

Comment

I don't know why people knock the G3?!?! I unlocked it second just because I didn't want to join the ranks of GP30,25, and 203 whores and it turned out to be extraordinarily accurate and deadly. Any time I go up one on one with someone I am confident that my G3 will kill them in less shots than any other gun at medium range.

No, it doesn't have a launcher but who needs it when you need 2 or 3 bullets to kill someone anyways? I've gotten good enough that I get more kills and get hurt less using it than the damn 203...not to mention anybody and their mother can point and shoot at medium/close range with a 203 and get a kill...

I just think the G3 if used properly (as many people have said before: BURST FIRE NOT AUTO!!!) can be deadly, but that goes for just about any weapon in the game in the hands of someone who practices with it.

Comment

The way you described your playing style I'd say you should go for the DAO-12. Personally I hate not having grenades but the AT rockets are about as useful against infantry as the grenade launchers are.

Comment

Thank you all for your replies! Okay, I think it's DAO-12 vs G36C. As of right now, I'm sorta leaning torward Spec Ops. I mean.. I enjoy using the C4 - Setting up traps for vehicles/infantry, etc. And I'd rather use C4 against a tank rather than an anti-tank rocket any day. I do like screwing the enemy commanders over by sabotaging their assets, and it'll be defiantly (sp) a plus when 1.03 comes out and you get rewarded for it.

My style of play is usual Medium-Long range rather than Short range, but... it really is truly fun to go blasting infantry in their face, up close and personal.. with say, a DAO-12.

Bah, I'm still confused which one to get.

Comment

I just unlocked the G36C and I can say that it was between that and the DAO-12. I don't use the AT class that often but I do the Spec Ops frequently so I gave it a shot and found that it's extremely accurate but not tooo powerful so you need to hit em a few times.

DAO-12 will be my next one though just because it is such an upgrade from the MP5.

(Read what I said about G3, b/c it's a great gun...I got my highest score round of 236 or something with it at Sharqi with 64 players...round lasted like 1.5 hrs b/c only 28 or so players were on. I had like a ~2.5:1 kill ratio with it with 69 kills and like 25 or so deaths)

Comment

Originally posted by Brian
                          Dude get the Piano Wire. You need 12,000 pistol kills though.

111 !!
                          wtf is the Piano Wire

Comment

Ill make your decision easier, the DOA12 is good, but the AT has armour so short sprint. You play sniper and Medic, and IMO it would be good to keep the spring consitent so you don't get pissed off with running slowly.

Comment

Originally posted by =Hairy_Nipple=
                              wtf is the Piano Wire
                              It's wire from a Piano.

^Piano Wire^

Comment

Working...
                              X