jackhammer sucks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackhammer sucks?

i've gotten one unlock so far (~5000 exp), and since all i play is the engy, i chose the jackhammer. I've found it to be pretty worthless.

"but the jackhammer can kill with 1 hit at point blank and spit out shells at a tremendous rate! and it makes a big noise"

yes, at point blank... if you get a direct hit... and if you haven't blown the whole clip yet, cause then you're basically dead once you empty your clip since the damn thing takes about 3-4 secs to reload the clip, which is an eternity in close combat.

the problem is simple: at point blank, nearly all weapons can kill you pretty quickly (particularly an unarmored engy), so the hammer doesn't have that big of an advantage. and since everyone tends to be bunnyhopping around, it is VERY easy to unload your whole clip without getting that point-blank/dead-center fatality-inducing hit. particularly if you have even the slightest bit of lag or fps drop.

and beyond a couple meters, the gun is totally worthless. i've made the mistake of unloading an entire clip into a guy who's standing still & looking the other way at a distance i would expect to kill him but doesn't, and he just turns around and blows me away while i fumble with the next clip. you invariably end up running around with your pistol out.

frankly, if you're in a situation where you can get a solid kill with a jackhammer, you probably could have just used your knife. it seems to me the standard shotty is quite decent enough (and at a greater distance then the jackhammer). you shouldn't be picking this weapon as a CQ gun for urban levels cause a) its not so hot (even in urban levels, most combat is at a distance far greater then the hammer can be effective) and b) the engy is unarmored and sucks at direct battle anyway. maybe a real bf2 vet will post differently, but i would reccomend getting a different unlockable weapon when you level up.

Thanks for your input. I've been playing engineer a lot lately and was wondering about that gun for the next unlock I'll be due to get shortly. Looks like I'll make another choice.

The engineer class would have been better equipped with an MP5 or some other class of sub-machine gun rather than a shotgun. It's good at close range only and frustrating when you shoot at a target you think is within killing range, only to have them turn and one shot you in the head. This happened to me on Clean Sweep last night. I shot at an enemy AT who was within range with the MEC Saiga shotty and didn't kill him even with a few shots. Naturally he turns and kills me instantly. I could've thrown the mouse through the monitor at that point !

Comment

I've come across the Jackhammer maybe 3-4 times. I'm not surprised since very few people play ENG and some of the other unlocks seem to be better.

When I did use the Jackhammer, the stopping power of this gun is amazing. The down side is it's really only good for 1v1 CQC engagements. After you kill the 1st guy, the pistol is your friend.

Comment

Ok, my opinion, the engy should have gotten the Benneli XM1014, which is semi-auto, it would do as much damage as the Remington (25 per pellet), but it's semi-auto. Anti-tank should have gotten the G36C because the C version of the G36 is commando version, the K version is the carbine, so the G36C is basically a sub machinegun with rifle ammo (just like the colt commando) and the spec ops should have gotten the G36K, which would be the same as the G36C as it is right now as the spec ops unlock, but have the red-dot scope.

Comment

the unlocks suppost to be an alternative so why didnt they give another shotgun bah, jackhammer and pump shotty are equaly worthless when i play eng i just use pistol

Comment

Its funny, engineer is such a good class and its my second most used. And you would think it deservers a better gun. I can really own as an engineer, getting top score out of everyone just being on foot the whole time, the pump action shotguns are so good. I find that the semi auto and auto shotguns really have half or if not a quater of the damage what pump actions do. Doesnt bother me as i prefer pump anyway, the look the sound and you get more ammo.

One thing that is bugging me, I think you should be able to switch it to pump action, or at least semi. And another thing, correct me if im wrong but the actual MK3A1 has a 10 round drum, if not, 12 rounds. And this one has 7. Which i dont get.

Overall i think this is pretty unaffective gun, looks nice but thats all it has going for it.

Personally i would have prefered a USAS-12 with the 20 round drum.

Comment

I can't comment on the Jackhammer since I've only used it a couple times in actual combat.

I am an Engineer though, and I have killed a lot of people with the shotguns. Hate to say it.. but bunnyhopping is usually the key to victory! While they are on the ground trying to hit you, line up your shot at the peak of your jump and BOOOOOM!!!!! 1 shot to their face and it's over. ok, sometimes 2-3 shots.

DAO-12 is better. Us Engys got ripped off.

Comment

Bah I was planning on unlocking the jackhammer next

Comment

Originally posted by Gunner
                  Bah I was planning on unlocking the jackhammer next
                  Me too... now I just dont know! :<

Comment

I myself prefer the pump actions, so if I was gonna have the perfect engy it would be:

1) Gets body armor
                    2) Pump action shotty, with 10 round clips for fast reloads, or a pistol unlock =p

Comment

First time I used this thing - 3 guys jumped me..I accepted that I was going to die and ACCIDENTLY killed all 3 with it.

So I'm on the fence about this

Comment

well, engineer should have gotten the hammar, but AT should have gotten the P90

Comment

I love the mk3a1. Terrific Gun. Wouldent trade it for the world...

on second thought...the whole world?

Comment

I don't think it's perfect, but it's a better choice IMO. most of the time I had my pistol out when moving in medium to long range areas, switching to the pump action shot gun when I got into a CQB area. If I did hit with it, usually it would kill or really damage, however if you missed that first shot, or if the person comes after you while you **** that second shot, I was usually done for. With the Auto shotfun I can charge some one with it, and I only reload when there are a couple shells left, or I'm totally safe. and if I do happen to go through that whole clip I switch to the pistol, which usually finishes some one off, or atleast keeps them supressed enough for me to run away.

Comment

I prefer the pump action guns, takes long time for you to run out of ammo, and you have time to aim properly while pumping between shots.

I love the US and chinese shottys, but the saiga SUCKS. The jackhammer is a lot better than saiga, but i always prefer my beloved pumps.

Comment

Working...
                              X